IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask myself should I give RL the benefit of the doubt at this time and instantly I know my answer has to be 'yes.' Until he is named a suspect or somehow conspired with BG then I have no choice, but to give him that benefit of a doubt for there is no evidence to prove otherwise as of now.

It wouldn't take much probable cause for a Judge to sign off on a search warrant to search his house and property since it was the location where the girls were found. In fact I already wondered why LE hadn't done that already since most locations where murder victims are found do have search warrants done and its usually shortly after the discovery of the bodies.

As far as why he has been moved to another jail for his safety, I believe it is to do with LE thinking someone inside of the jail may do him harm thinking he is guilty whether he is or not. He is 77 years old and could be an easy target for someone wanting to make a name for themselves.

In small towns like Delphi often the citizens aren't as well versed on search warrant legalities as some of us crime buffs here. Just because a search warrant has been served doesn't mean RL is guilty of anything but unfortunately some will believe they are guilty of the crime. There have been several search warrants done in other areas concerning this case that resulted in nothing. With RL its different. Everyone in Delphi knows the girls were found on his land. So I think LE wanted to get him out of that area in case someone may go off half-cocked by not waiting for the evidence of guilt to come forward first.

When the Issac gang murdered the well respected 6 Alday family members in Donalsonville, Ga. in the 70s there were people in the town lining up in the street that wanted to storm the jail and take the murderers out and kill them right then and there. Of course the local LE/GBI/FBI stood by constantly to make sure that didn't happen. They would have felt that way even if Carl Issac and his gang hadn't been the ones, but were just thrown in jail on suspicion. Emotions were at a fever pitch back then due to how well loved all the Aldays were, and I have no doubt emotions are running high in Delphi too, understandably. So things could get out of hand and I think LE is trying to avoid that by moving him to a safer place.

RL looks nothing like the photos of BG nor does he sound like him either, imo. I just don't see him being the one who murdered the girls, but we will see. They have plenty of time now to see if any evidence was found during the search warrant since he is locked up. If he was physically fit to do these murders then it does make me wonder why he would leave them on his own property when there are other wooded locations there. Once they began to search his property the next day it didn't take them long to find Abi and Libby.

From what I have read he has had several DUIs. Yes, that is very reckless,dangerous, and careless, but it takes a giant leap to go from getting DUIs to being a double murderer of young teen girls. IMO

Perhaps what the police means by something not adding up is they are unable to get any valuable tips as to who BG is and by this time they think they should have gotten him IDd by now. Just speculating of course.

And when cases aren't going anywhere it is quite common for the investigators to go back to square one, and start over, and that would be doing a search warrant on the property and home where their bodies were found.

So I am not sure this search warrant will result in an arrest,for the murders but if it does ...that is really all that matters in the end for everyone wants justice for Abi and Libby.

Interview live from the RL property yesterday.

Of note, a clip of RL is played from an older interview video saying he was cleared by authorities "ages" ago.

LE states yesterday that as they have talked to other people, that things have "just not added up" so they are trying to "get things added up".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkqx14nIz-c&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone know what the laws are around the sealing of the probable cause affidavit for this most recent search of RL's property? I'm sure none of the agencies involved want to tip their hand but I sure would love to read that document. Is it automatically unsealed after a certain amount of time? Does a judge have to grant or deny an unsealing based on a formal request? TIA!

Looks like Indiana can seal a SW and affidavit for 30 days and then file 30 day extensions. But I also saw some articles that involved judges granting orders to permanently seal those documents during the investigation and until after a jury trial so as not to prejudice the jury.

He may be an alcoholic but not every alcoholic drives.

And there are many people busted for DUI that are not alcoholics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One-timers, yes. Multiple time offenders, when prison is a consequence, are definitely alcoholics. He drove while intoxicated while awaiting trial for driving while intoxicated. That tells me that the driving is a result of the drinking and the drinking is a result of addiction. JMO.

Ewwwwww... can we make that video still from "April's Story" go away? Please? :noooo:

Some things you can't un-see...

Guess u didnt follow little jessica from from florida? Their are sickos out there! moo

RL is a good deal older than my parents, but my mom just got her first smartphone at Christmas, and my dad still refuses to use anything other than a pay-as-you-go flip phone.

My husband, a generation and more younger than RL, doesn't own a cellphone and probably never will. He's on Facebook only because a league he belongs to communicates through FB. He has 10 FB friends (and I am not one of them, lol!) He wouldn't know Snapchat from Snap, Crackle, and Pop.

Another thing, my father was VERY strong well into his elder years. At age 77 and even older, he could certainly still haul and carry heavy loads and was physically active. I personally don't think RL is BG, but I don't discount him because of his age.

Hoping for some new news to talk about.....

jmo

Ewwwwww... can we make that video still from "April's Story" go away? Please? :noooo:

Some things you can't un-see...

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that ! I quickly linked to another. I am sooooo sorry. I linked to the wrong yt video...now, I must go hug my toilet for a few (YUK).

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that ! I quickly linked to another. I am sooooo sorry. I linked to the wrong yt video...now, I must go hug my toilet for a few (YUK).
Can you email it to me?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is true. However LE is seen in video taken several armloads of potential evidence from inside his house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkqx14nIz-c&feature=youtu.be

Also true is the fact that the LE officer interviewed in this video (standing directly in front of RL's home) states "that after speaking to several persons things weren't adding up"!

IMO, those "things" were possibly:

1. Alibi of being at a tropical fish store an hour drive away didn't pan out?

2. If RL stated to LE that someone other than himself drove him to that tropical fish store and that person described something different?

If RL is innocent my heart hurts so bad for him. How traumatic this all would be for someone already dealing with inner daemons well into his life.

He may be staying silent because perhaps he does have other skeletons unrelated to this case in his closet and now that's all going to unravel simply because bodies were put on his land.

If he's not completely innocent my heart still hurts for him but in a different way. What a tortured soul an elderly person would have to be to kill (or be involved in killing or aftermath) 2 young teens.

I'm so torn on which way my heart wants to hurt for him more.
My heart absolutely aches for Libby & Abbie's families.

If RL did this horrible thing, I got no sympathy for him. I'm sorry. :(

It's not blasphemy at all! Not everyone living in IN likes b'ball.
Hope you find some interesting things to report back to WS after your trip tomorrow! Good luck!

I hate basketball ball too.. and I proudly say that from Indianapolis!

I'm a pro football gal!

Everyone wants justice for this horrendous crime of these young girls. I think and pray for them and their families daily.
Can I ask what is the story behind RL giving LE a statement that he was at a tropical fish store? Does he in fact have a fish tank? Grandkids maybe that have one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I was just wondering if anyone else saw this? This was the first time I have seen it so I am sharing but apologize if it has been shared before. This shows the distance from RL's house to the part of his property where the girls' bodies were found. Much further than I pictured in my head from the video interviews. Not sure it makes any difference, but I have to digest it and see.
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/?fref=nf

Oh wow. My immediate thought on seeing this is that he/they were trying to get the bodies TO the water but got interrupted and didn't quite make it. JMO MOO

If your house is on the acreage we say "your house". Like "can we come to your house to go fishing?"

I live two hours south west of Delphi in Indiana

Right, even if you don't intend to go in the house.

I am astonished that some can't see how BG could be RL from the side by side pics and audio, it is so clear to me. I am also amazed that it's possible to consider every unlikely, convoluted, hypothetical scenario yet be adamant that a 77 year old who is in custody, with his property being searched through probable cause couldn't have done it. Currently everything LE have provided to the public points to RL.

If they had any solid evidence they would have made an accusation and an arrest by now. RL is the first straw they are grasping at. They are searching his house with a vague warrant and they hauled his truck away with evidence seals. Once he is cleared they will do this to the next lucky person on the suspect list.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can you please provide a link for the search warrant being 'vague'? I am very interested to read more because everything I've read has LE stating either that it's sealed, or they decline to give details about it. So I'm super curious as to how you know that the warrant is 'vague' and why a judge first signed, then allowed a search to be carried out if it is 'vague'.

They are following up on 13,000 tips. This takes time. Give LE some credit here.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...s-slayings-lead-to-numerous-unrelated-arrests

Logic and Common Sense 101- RL is innocent, else you would have ......"Mr. Lo***" in the recording by the girl who lived 1/8th of a mile from the property he has owned for 50+ years.

Marking my spot, I have to go do some real world things for a while.

Hopefully there will be big news by the time I get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73