IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did nothing wrong..it's good to learn new things..I was actually trying to find a picture and when Mr. saw what I was doing, he corrected me...here the proper word is silage pit LOL..who would have ever thought! and there may be those all over the county....Here the farmers chop corn, milo, silage, hay, triticali, etc...they really don't grow oats, wheat, grains etc...unless it is to turn cows directly out on, it's not really harvested. http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/silage-pit.html

Now....why would anyone want to hide anything in a silo, grain bin, or silage pit anyways?!

I love farm talk. <3

The only reason I can think of, is they hoped no one would ever think to look in the silo, grain bin, or silage pit.

:fence:

I keep seeing this reference to vehicles under the bridge. If you have photographic evidence of this, please produce it. Otherwise, it sounds like pure speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13167646#post13167646

attachment.php

I am hoping to understand something and to learn about this site so that I can be a positive contributor. Am I wrong, or has there been a sweeping sentiment that no matter what develops, RL deserves sympathy? I do not understand why whenever someone puts forward a theory or observation, or a new way of looking at the evidence---while adhering to the TOS of this site completely---someone inevitably posts something saying, "well, I would do that" or "I have a ruddy face" or "how can you say that?". I mean, please....when people comment that he is an alcoholic...several people jump into action saying "maybe he just enjoys a beer" or "I would drink, too, if bodies were found on my property", or various other minimizations of the reality of this man's habitual substance abuse. I'm new here. This is the first case that I've been following. Is this typical ?

I'm not sure. I think we have a one dimensional view of RL via staged interviews with reporters and entertainment sites. He's become everyone's grandpa who has been duped. IMO

When they hauled RL in two Friday's ago, anyone involved in the murders could have easily put something on his property..maybe even in his property- home, car, etc. Then called in an anon tip that his property should be searched. Perhaps bloody articles of clothing, etc. planted on/in RL's property.

I wonder on the night of Feb. 13th if RL's little terrier reacted more than normal. I have a terrier and some of them have great hunting instincts. Mine knows when something is afoot.

I think people near RL, and I am being careful not to say "close to" because I don't think his family has betrayed him, but rather people who know the area and who he is and took advantage of his situation. I think the fact the bodies were on his property made it so they really didn't need a tip from someone to secure a warrant. IMO

What's in the white bag inside his jacket? Booze?

Lots of opinions on it. Grocery bag handle has been mentioned a good bit.
ETA just noticed you asked what was IN the bag. Don't know but your guess as good as any:)

I am hoping to understand something and to learn about this site so that I can be a positive contributor. Am I wrong, or has there been a sweeping sentiment that no matter what develops, RL deserves sympathy? I do not understand why whenever someone puts forward a theory or observation, or a new way of looking at the evidence---while adhering to the TOS of this site completely---someone inevitably posts something saying, "well, I would do that" or "I have a ruddy face" or "how can you say that?". I mean, please....when people comment that he is an alcoholic...several people jump into action saying "maybe he just enjoys a beer" or "I would drink, too, if bodies were found on my property", or various other minimizations of the reality of this man's habitual substance abuse. I'm new here. This is the first case that I've been following. Is this typical ?

The sympathy itself not so typical as the diverse responses. Any time someone posts that something is unusual, almost unheard of, regarding any case here, ten people will post to explain why that is not so. There are thousands of members here, expressing thousands of opinions. Everyone has personal histories that reflect in posts, intentionally or not.

But in this case...to me it seems there is sympathy in advance for the possibility that an elderly man is caught up in this horrible crime, in case he didn't do it. Maybe his age is a factor in the seemingly added sympathy factor...I don't know.

[video=twitter;843990054171103232]https://twitter.com/PTJusticeHLN/status/843990054171103232[/video]

Primetime Justice&#8207;
Verified account
@PTJusticeHLN 3h
3 hours ago

Police have issued a search warrant on the property where the bodies of Indiana teens were found.

Apologies if this is old but I'm reading backwards and this tweet seems to be from today. Was another search warrant issued today? It has today's date. I'm so confused.

Apologies if this is old but I'm reading backwards and this tweet seems to be from today. Was another search warrant issued today? It has today's date. I'm so confused.

No, this was the SW served Friday.

The tweet is from tonight, but there was not another SW served. The case was discussed on tonight's Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield on HLN. She talked to Sgt. Riley and to RL's attorney.

The killer seems to have been so intent on the abduction etc. that he didn't care if someone saw his car or truck. He probably left the area and was long gone by the time the search started. He must have done this before because he appears confident that he could get away with it again. He is probably in his cooling off period somewhere warm if I had to guess or going from place to place. Moo

I keep seeing this reference to vehicles under the bridge. If you have photographic evidence of this, please produce it. Otherwise, it sounds like pure speculation.

Found one more link to posts with photos, not sure if there are more.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13167881#post13167881

Actually found another one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13167886#post13167886

I will think from the photo that is pretty obvious that RL is not BG. But can photos fool people's eyes? For example in RL's mugshot photo his skin is so white while normally he looks very ruddy. Do you think LE should ask a/ several model(s) to dress like BG and take some photos using the exact same model of Libby's phone and do some comparison?

They don't have to do that. They have his voice. For the FBI that's almost the same as DNA or a fingerprint.
"Speaker, or voice, recognition is a biometric modality that uses an individual’s voice for recognition purposes." "...speech samples are captured dynamically or over a period of time, such as a few seconds ...voice recognition is related to the physical shape of an individual’s vocal tract."

I think you are referring to the youtube video titled "Exploring the Abandoned Monon Railroad ROW in Delphi, Indiana. The video is 41:25 minutes in length. The road is clearly visible near the end of the video.

If you can find and watch the YouTube video where a woman videos herself walking across the bridge and shows the road below. The road is much closer to the bridge than you may think.

The sympathy itself not so typical as the diverse responses. Any time someone posts that something is unusual, almost unheard of, regarding any case here, ten people will post to explain why that is not so. There are thousands of members here, expressing thousands of opinions. Everyone has personal histories that reflect in posts, intentionally or not.

But in this case...to me it seems there is sympathy in advance for the possibility that an elderly man is caught up in this horrible crime, in case he didn't do it. Maybe his age is a factor in the seemingly added sympathy factor...I don't know.

I have a bias for elderly people so I will hate for it to be RL if it turns out that way, but also because it has to add insult to injury to the families & their community. If it's him, unless he led a secret life of depravity, how did an educated and honorable, hardworking guy go from that to murdering two children? For me, a psycho stranger would be easier to reconcile in my head.

RL says some outlandish things.

I am a big guy. I've been involved in Track and Field and trials where you basically run with an 80lb bag (past tense).

RL: "They had to walk. You couldn't carry them in a million years, or drag them, or drop them off."

You couldn't drag them? Rubbish!

Follow me here, I think RL may have desired the notoriety that the Murders took place on his property!

His friend wanted to push the same point in the few words he said (they couldn't have been moved there).

RL also offered up they may have been hiking with someone they knew.

I see foliage that resembles an old car with moss paint job. I think it s an optical illusion and it's not white, I don't think.

No, I don't think it's white. It is hard to see though. Anyway, I'd never seen or even heard this before, so just thought I'd post for the other poster who was asking about the cars under the bridge.

It's more clear here in the black and white photo, at least to me. I can make out the wheels on the car at least.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13167881#post13167881
attachment.php

And the image that's zoomed in in this post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13167886#post13167886
http://i.imgur.com/qQWVJtk.jpg

And this one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13168197#post13168197

C5Poa9IVMAMxeOj.jpg

They don't have to do that. They have his voice. For the FBI that's almost the same as DNA or a fingerprint.
"Speaker, or voice, recognition is a biometric modality that uses an individual’s voice for recognition purposes." "...speech samples are captured dynamically or over a period of time, such as a few seconds ...voice recognition is related to the physical shape of an individual’s vocal tract."

Good for Libby to catch his voice!

O/T: There has been an arrest in the double homicide case of the two teens in Colorado. A 19 year old was arrested. He seems to have known at least one of the victims, so not a random perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea