Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that too.

I feel like I read it too, you guys. Let's find it. Maybe it will lead to information that connects him to a geographic area where he has traveled and practiced or picked up the language.

That is very interesting. They're not only distancing themselves from him, but they're hinting that perhaps he wasn't completely honest in his personnel file.

Ya think?? I don't think his hiring was completely honest either, but I'm not going there today. See yesterday's thread. :p

They way he boasts about his accomplishments just makes me ill.

That is very interesting. They're not only distancing themselves from him, but they're hinting that perhaps he wasn't completely honest in his personnel file.

I found it searching TD on FB. It was a persons status and she thanked the pastor for allow people to know the truth. Or something to that nature. That church does not want to be associated with TD.

BessDrew said:
Okay, maybe thinking this through will help us brainstorm in new ways.

My guess is Tad hadn't tried to, say, drive to Mexico lots of times previously, so he'd still be relying on the same tools you and I would. He'd probably Google Map it. Google Map offers 3 routes from Columbia, TN to Mexico when just trying to get to the border in the fastest way (24 to 25 hour drive). Only one of the routes goes through Decatur. I am pasting that one below. Click on it to enlarge it.

I'm with Steelman on the fact that the delay on the Amber Alert may have bought them all the time they needed to, at least, temporarily disappear.

Bringing this map forward again. Out of the 3 routes suggested by Google, the one that goes through Decatur also takes them by Corpus Christi (it's about 140 miles from the suggested route to the beaches). I'm aware the police were not able to verify that sighting with surveillance, but it still opens the possibility.

Click on map to enlarge.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 8.49.56 AM.jpg

He doesn't only boast. He creates complete lies and an alternate past. Where did he grow up?

He graduated in 1984 from Mount Pleasant High School in Mount Pleasant, Tennessee.

BBM

Yep. I do think this guy has taken ET off the grid. He probably is prepared to be "disappeared" for a long time. I think they are not using any pre-paid cards or electronic devices. I think they are using cash only and doing so very sparingly to make it last.

I think they might move around this summer throughout the country. My guess is the vehicle has been ditched and they either are riding the bus or train, which you can ride without having to show ID, or they bought a beater vehicle for cash from a "no questions asked" seller.

In a few months, they might get some temporary jobs that pay in cash in places that don't ask questions about your past.

They will eventually need to have some permanence....he's 50 and not getting younger, and she could very well end up pregnant.

But I think for now, they are just thinking about the next few months and then will make a new plan after they've been gone for awhile. One step at a time. Step 1: escape. Step 2: Hide. Step 3: Set up new life.

I hope for a sighting or for ET to somehow reach out....but my hunch is that this is going to take awhile.

Just my idea of what he is planning. Not fact.

jmo

I think they are completely off the grid, have ditched their electronics, and are planning to lay low until people forget about them, or should I say, until they think people have forgotten about them. I don't think they are watching the news or surfing the 'net. I think that, with three weeks to plan, he selected a cabin so remote that she would not be able to run anywhere for help should she have a change of heart. Abusers isolate their victims from their family and friends, and he is an abuser. I think she will get bored with hiding out, but she may not be able to escape. He or they will have to go for a grocery run eventually. I hope they are spotted the very first time they venture out. JMHO :cow:

Bringing this map forward again. Out of the 3 routes suggested by Google, the one that goes through Decatur also takes them by Corpus Christi (it's about 140 miles from the suggested route to the beaches). I'm aware the police were not able to verify that sighting with surveillance, but it still opens the possibility.

Click on map to enlarge.

View attachment 113430

If he's going to Mexico, I would think he would stay off a recommended route and go by old highways and perhaps not in a direct line.

Just a hunch.

Seeing he's been in Panama in the past, I think it's possible he headed to Central America again. Wonder how he could do that without having to show ID?

(My hunch, though, is that he is within USA, but I can see how he could disappear and also make his money last longer elsewhere. I guess I'm on the fence about whether he crossed a border or not.)

jmopinion

Well I posted the link a few times and no one is listening lol. They are in Corpus Christie area, a partial on their license plate was called in. They booked. I wonder if the teen marriage he looked up had anything to do with Mexico law etc.
https://a.msn.com/r/2/BByE1lF?m=en-us Every gas station in the south needs to have the flyer. They are stopping for gas.

Well I posted the link a few times and no one is listening lol. They are in Corpus Christie area, a partial on their license plate was called in. They booked. I wonder if the teen marriage he looked up had anything to do with Mexico law etc.
https://a.msn.com/r/2/BByE1lF?m=en-us Every gas station in the south needs to have the flyer. They are stopping for gas.

False alert. You'll also read an article that the car was seen in a hotel parking lot. False again.

If he's going to Mexico, I would think he would stay off a recommended route and go by old highways and perhaps not in a direct line.

Just a hunch.

Seeing he's been in Panama in the past, I think it's possible he headed to Central America again. Wonder how he could do that without having to show ID?

(My hunch, though, is that he is within USA, but I can see how he could disappear and also make his money last longer elsewhere. I guess I'm on the fence about whether he crossed a border or not.)

jmopinion

I've considered the back roads vs. main roads too. It's a valid point. But it depends on whether he had switched vehicles and plates and if he knew he had a jump on everyone. The Amber Alert didn't even go out until 24 hours later. Going this route, he could drive to the border in 25 hours.

I feel pretty split. I think he could opt for off the grid living in the States. But, if I were him, if I truly intended to try to "start over" and live a new married life elsewhere, I'd flee the country.

So I'm torn. Remote U.S. area. Or Mexico. I want to investigate any leads that point to one possibility over another. Right now, I'm seeing more public evidence of him liking beaches and going on medical trips to Panama...but would love to hear/find any evidence of him doing camping/hunting in remote cabins or state parks too. If anyone finds that, I may start leaning that way.

I have only been able to follow sporadically the past two days due to work, but I believe this sighting has proved to be false.

Sorry. I think people didn't respond because we discussed this last night when that tip went live at the end of Thread #3. Police were already saying they couldn't confirm the tip by the time I went to bed.

They both wear glasses and has there been any mention of contacts or other styles of glasses they both may have, and if
they do have different styled glasses/backup glasses, are they missing?

Where is our map person when we need her??? I think they're closer to home hiding out somewhere. Cabin in the woods? Tent? Hiding in plain sight? Remember he's overweight and 50, not going to be able to be the mountain man he may have pretended to be. He also doesn't have normal boundaries, so I wouldn't be surprised to find him in someone's camp that he knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin