Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The northeast is crawling with survelliance cameras and plate checkers. Every few miles there's another toll (if you are thinking from Virginia on north).

I can see him laying low in the Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona area where the weather is warming this time of year, the area is sparse and the internet service almost non-existent.

As for Canada, where can you travel into Canada without being stopped? Over 20 years ago we went to Niagara Falls and decided to cross the border into Canada for lunch. Although at the time we didn't need passports to get in and out of the country, we were stopped and questioned, showed our drivers licenses for ID and were sent on our way. But we did need to stop and they did check us out.

Surveillance and tolls if you use the interstate highway, but there are other roads. And as for crossing the border? Lots of places. There are old logging roads from VT to ME that still cross over from the days before there were borders. There was a time when people owned property on both sides and old roads and driveways still exist. Not to mention, you can just walk across, there aren't any fences. Hunters frequently do both sides of the border. Age of consent is 16 in Canada. Not saying this is the case, but it's another hmmm.

I think they are completely off the grid, have ditched their electronics, and are planning to lay low until people forget about them, or should I say, until they think people have forgotten about them. I don't think they are watching the news or surfing the 'net. I think that, with three weeks to plan, he selected a cabin so remote that she would not be able to run anywhere for help should she have a change of heart. Abusers isolate their victims from their family and friends, and he is an abuser. I think she will get bored with hiding out, but she may not be able to escape. He or they will have to go for a grocery run eventually. I hope they are spotted the very first time they venture out. JMHO :cow:

No reason to believe they need to be completely off the grid. They can have burner phones that are not tied to any contract, and can be bought with cash. They are easy and cheap to buy and use. So you must assume, at least he is monitoring the situation and the public information getting release by the MSM and the LEO.

He had weeks to prepare for this, and the longer they are off the grid, the more it seems like he really planned things out...

I look at this in a way that I know he had weeks and weeks to plan and stock up.

No, I was actually thinking East TN.

I have spent many a day and nite in East Tennessee, I have mucho family there and even though the Blue Ridge Parkway is monitored
it's huge plus there are cabins all over that are desolate. My first thought was deep in Appalachia, and mountain folk don't like the law or anyone
messing round their property, so it's a toss.

While i still think they are/were heading out of country, lets not forget there are areas where 50 year old men DO have 15 year old wives (and multiples) in a 'religious community' setting. I believe there are a few polygamist groups in Texas, as well as Arizona, Utah, Nevada. I think the religious side should NOT be forgotten in this... I don't know if he would be accepted into one of these communities, but they would not stand out as much.

About this Mexico thing, it's extremely dangerous and if they upon a cartel road block, they will check them out before anything else.
I also hear they are not very nice and friendly.

Nothing in this ordeal is without great risk.

Would I drive through Mexico? No! But I am not running from several US LE agencies with a 15 y.o. girl thinking we can build a dream life together.

If you stay in the US, you will get caught and you really can't establish a new life.

Mexico may be like running the gauntlet, but remember he is CIA and Jason Borne combined. He is convinced he can outwit anyone. She is convinced too, it seems.

In his situation and state of mind, Mexico seems like a reasonable risk. The risk is worth, what he thinks will be, the reward.

The above is my opinion only.

The Wilderness Camp he volunteered with, any ideas where that is?

As a Canadian I feel it's unlikely they came here. Their money won't last long, we are a pretty expensive country. I guess he could luck out and find cash under the table work but just seems to risky. Although we do have a huge Mennonite population here in Southern Ontario.
They need shelter in winter including now as it's far to cold. I personally think they have stayed in the USA and are hunkered down in a cabin or such. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have spent many a day and nite in East Tennessee, I have mucho family there and even though the Blue Ridge Parkway is monitored
it's huge plus there are cabins all over that are desolate. My first thought was deep in Appalachia, and mountain folk don't like the law or anyone
messing round their property, so it's a toss.

While that is stereotypical of Appalachia, it is not how life works in the mountains anymore. Not everyone is marrying their sister and getting her pregnant by 13.

If you really know "mountain people", they are very suspicious of outsiders, not unlike most small towns or small churches. You are not going to fit in there or go unnoticed.

Why even try that lifestyle when, from social media, it seems you have dreamed of somewhere warm and sandy? I think this the ultimate destination. Anywhere else, is just a step in that direction.

Great suggestion! I did notice that TC follows Zenni Optical on Twitter. On Zenni, you can buy glasses (frames + lenses) for $6.95 if you bypass all the upsell options. I know this because when I need a cheap backup pair I use Zenni. My last pair was $11.00 total, including shipping. You do need to order weeks in advance because the glasses are made in China but we know that TC had about a month to plan. You could conceivably get 10 pairs of glasses for not much more than $100 so I wouldn't rule out that he stocked up on various styles of glasses for both himself and ET.

EDIT: I do not work for Zenni. :D

Thats a great find. I think if he followed Zenni Optical on Twitter, its a good bet he used them, or planned to use them in the future.

Are people thinking he is driving the vehicle?

I don't. I think they ditched it somewhere and are either traveling in another vehicle or mode of transportation ... or they are sitting in a tent for awhile without moving.

jmopinion

While i still think they are/were heading out of country, lets not forget there are areas where 50 year old men DO have 15 year old wives (and multiples) in a 'religious community' setting. I believe there are a few polygamist groups in Texas, as well as Arizona, Utah, Nevada. I think the religious side should NOT be forgotten in this... I don't know if he would be accepted into one of these communities, but they would not stand out as much.

That is true, but I think most of those communities are closed to outsiders. I am not sure why they would allow a fugitive couple to join them.

He had a month to plan - I do think he was capable of stockpiling supplies. In fact, it's my hunch that is exactly what he did.

jmo

I agree with you 100%. He had a long time to plan this out. (who knows, he could have been planing his escape for years, but only recently included the girl - that would be a better angle to look at and try and figure out what things he needed for her, recently, like feminine hygiene products, etc.)

I haven't had time to read all the threads but from reading some posts,instagrams,and news articles this is the picture I am getting.
An abused and also sexually abused 15 yr old girl gets involved with her 50 yr old teacher,mentor.
I think maybe the teacher might have been having a fantasy love affair not expecting to go through with anything like what commonly happens over the internet. The 15 yr old,desperately wants out of her abusive home situation and wants to get rid of it all and leave it all behind.She sees this teacher as a possible escape and pulls at every string in his heart to get him to take her away.Meanwhile,the teacher is thinking about this relationship as a possibility but wants to wait as long as possible till its legal.The teen wants out NOW so she kisses him at school knowing this will get him fired and completely ruin his family life and reputation thus giving him a reason to want to runaway too. So, having nothing left to lose he runs away with her.
What a sad story. I don't believe that just because they may haven fallen for each other that the guys a perv.,maybe very stupid but not a perv. Most guys in their 50's have very little sex drive if any at all and many 15 yr old are typically looking for that father figure or that special friend that understands them and they can relate to. In Thomas's case it may very well be she just needed someone to help her runaway and she preyed on the teachers emotions to get him to do it. I honestly don't think she is in any danger , but the law is the law so be it. :(

While that is stereotypical of Appalachia, it is not how life works in the mountains anymore. Not everyone is marrying their sister and getting her pregnant by 13.

If you really know "mountain people", they are very suspicious of outsiders, not unlike most small towns or small churches. You are not going to fit in there or go unnoticed.

Why even try that lifestyle when, from social media, it seems you have dreamed of somewhere warm and sandy? I think this the ultimate destination. Anywhere else, is just a step in that direction.

BBM
I know that bout Appalachia and not stereotyping. About the Mountain People, that's what I was saying.

I don't know if they would infiltrate an established community (but maybe!), but I do think that ET could pass for older than 15. She couldn't pass for 50, but she could be considered in her 20s. They might not stand out that much, especially if they are low-key and in an area where people haven't seen news coverage.

jmo

Can someone please provide me with a link (that is NOT mobile) or the name ET uses on FB so that I may find her FB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend