Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

Thank you for pointing this out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

When she left the church its possible she looped around back of the Goodwill, the dogs tracked her scent back there. It could have been before or after the church, the SAR crew could not say for sure. Check the map in my signature for the possible route. Click the links to Mistivon's original posts about the route and dog search for info on how the route could have been different than exactly what was mapped out.

We were told one phone was for calls and texts and the other one was used for internet access. Also I've been wanting to say, I think her sister is smart enough to know a phone call versus music playing on the phone. She lived with Maricela, she knows her ring tone. But I think there was legitimately music playing on the phone and it was not phone calls. I believe any communication was through a more anonymous texting app, not a phone call. This is all JMO.

I think an OD and someone panicking and hiding her body is as likely as foul play at this point. I do not think Maricela left that parking lot on her own free will, whether unconscious or taken I can't yet say what my opinion is.

I am just so heartbroken for her family and those who are close to them. I hope they can get some answers.
I agree she didn't leave on her own free will but I feel she met with foul play...hence the smashed phone.
Just my opinion.

The way I see it is- she sure as heck didn't walk herself there and just happen to die in the secluded area. So someone knows something.
I personally think foul play but am open to the od theory as well.
If someone panicked and dumped her there, they should do the right thing and report this to the police so her family can have as much closure as possible.
The charge for not rendering medical assistance is not huge and would be worth taking to have a clear conscience.

I also believe there's a chance we will never really know either way though. We've only been given certain details and those changed as well so it's extremely hard to make an educated guess here.

All I know is that Maricela deserved better on so many levels. People should be ashamed of themselves by the way this case was handled.

Agreed, I wasnt aware of a second phone either, but I think most of whats been duscussed is merely speculation. I thought the phone was ditched before she ever got to the church, I couldnt understand why, if she had a phone, she didnt call for help, but perhaps she wasnt in the trouble I thought she was.

Imho...calling for help may have delayed her being taken and may have made someone a bit angry with her.
In my opinion above was that she was taken. I dont know for sure.

I still think it's possible she was an informant or told the police something that got her into trouble with the wrong people. The mysteriously dropped drug charges never sat right with me since we discovered that.
I don't know if we'll ever know for sure though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

While I agree you have a great theory there lady rain but it can also be easily explained away.
Here's how- Youthful offender - not large quantities of controlled substance - admitted drug addict ( I'm not saying this is fact. Just tossing around ideas. These ideas stem from other known drug court cases and their individual outcomes for offenders in similar situations as MG )
She could have been given a suspended sentence until upon completion of drug treatment as part of a plea deal. The plea deal would state that upon completion of drug treatment, her charges would be dismissed.

We know it's a fact that she was receiving methadone treatment at a clinic locally. We also know that she was dismissed sometime in late 2016.
So I would say it's at least possible that she was not an informant but instead she was being treated under the new drug court guidelines that some municipalities have taken on to help get addicts treatment instead of locking them up for low level drug crimes.

Yes! I do believe OD cases are sometimes too easily dismissed as just simply an overdose.

Well, that is true. But, I think the reason is because that is the case 99.9% of the time. I can't say I have ever heard of an addict who was actively using that was "forced" to take a lethal dose. Once they go down that path, it is usually a personal choice. It's hard to place blame on someone we are soft hearted towards, but most of the time, it was self inflicted. No one else is to blame.

Not insinuating she overdosed- stating this as a generality of an overdose being dismissed as just simply an overdose.

I have followed along since the beginning and like many here, I am saddened by the news. The only comfort that may be found is having found her.

I wonder if anyone knows "the secret" she had and what she was afraid of before her disappearance...although that could be dangerous for anyone else as well.

Just sad for all..

I have been wondering.....

Was that area where she was found not searched in reference to William Cierzan the missing man in Santa Clarita? There has been many wide search days, many by dedicated volunteers. So my question would be, was she there all this time or recently dumped there? I also wonder if Maricela had ties to anyone in Santa Clarita. I never thought to post flyers in that area.

I still believe she was taken and met with foul play since she did not end up there on her own. But only an autopsy and cause of death will say otherwise. Why it will take 6-9 months to determine is very strange.

Either way this beautiful girl deserves justice and I hope her case gets solved. Now LE will take everything into account and I hope they do a thorough investigation, she deserves that.

My opinion is that because her remains where skeletal, this will take much more time to determine a COD. Even then, there's a chance that they will not be able to make an accurate determination. I've seen it happen before where they cant figure out what caused the death because the remains where skeletal with no obvious signs of trauma, so they don't have much to work with. I hope that doesn't happen here, I really hope that they can determine how she died. I do understand that they have a lot of work ahead of them though being that there likely isn't much tissue left to work with. I'm guessing that they may have found her clothes and that's why earlier reports said it was female remains. The average person probably wouldn't be able to tell if a skeleton belonged to a male or female just by a glance. Especially if it had been in the elements for months. Clothing would be a good indicator of if the skeleton belonged to a female or male though.

I also wanted to point out that I do like the theory of MG being a CI and possibly meeting with foul play as a result, I think it's plausible for sure. I just wanted to point out that there very well could be other reasons that her criminal case didn't result in a jail sentence ( I didn't want that member to think I was poo pooing on their theories, I truly wasn't and actually do agree that it's a possibility) The good news is that if that is the case, it shouldn't be hard to figure out who would've wanted to harm her. If she was working with the police, I'd bet they would know exactly who to go look for once they found her remains. Her phone records would be so very important as well. It would show who she may have been communicating with in the days leading up to her disappearance.

While I agree you have a great theory there lady rain but it can also be easily explained away.
Here's how- Youthful offender - not large quantities of controlled substance - admitted drug addict ( I'm not saying this is fact. Just tossing around ideas. These ideas stem from other known drug court cases and their individual outcomes for offenders in similar situations as MG )
She could have been given a suspended sentence until upon completion of drug treatment as part of a plea deal. The plea deal would state that upon completion of drug treatment, her charges would be dismissed.

We know it's a fact that she was receiving methadone treatment at a clinic locally. We also know that she was dismissed sometime in late 2016.
So I would say it's at least possible that she was not an informant but instead she was being treated under the new drug court guidelines that some municipalities have taken on to help get addicts treatment instead of locking them up for low level drug crimes.

She wouldn't have even necessarily had to take a plea in a city as large as Los Angeles. Proposition 47 turned a felony charges into misdemeanors, so when you add in prop 47 lightening sentences with jail overcrowding, you'd probably get released in a few hours unless you got caught with multiple pounds of narcotics.

I've mentioned prop 47 before, thank you for the drug court info, Rachel1. The CI angle for anyone in California isn't going to be likely at all IMO.

...and now we wait to hear what will be determined. Very sad outcome no matter what happened.

I don't think it was an accidental OD. Not with the way the dog pattern was and the choker behind near the dumpster and how her phone was found with the SIM card removed. I think a bad person did this to her. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Could the choker have been used as a tourniquet to find a vein before shooting up? Just a thought. RIP Maricela, I've followed from the start and this is such sad news [emoji17][emoji253]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole secret thing still bothers me. Her family already knew about her drug problems so whatever the secret was MG felt it was worse than that in order for her not to tell. Somepeople have suggested its because she knew she was leaving but was she leaving because of something she had done? Has pregnancy ever been suggested as a possibility? Not that this is bad but maybe MG felt it was considering her current situation or because of who it was with?

Well, that is true. But, I think the reason is because that is the case 99.9% of the time. I can't say I have ever heard of an addict who was actively using that was "forced" to take a lethal dose. Once they go down that path, it is usually a personal choice. It's hard to place blame on someone we are soft hearted towards, but most of the time, it was self inflicted. No one else is to blame.

Not insinuating she overdosed- stating this as a generality of an overdose being dismissed as just simply an overdose.

What I'm saying is that if there's an OD there's a generalization that the deceased's life style was full of drugs so it's their fault and self inflicted.

I personally believe that some overdoses are actually victims of homicide that were drugged and then given a lethal dose.

Anyway hoping that the truth behind what happened to Maricela comes to light. She and her family deserve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, it seems when trying to rid ourselves of past demons they still seem to look for and find us.
Heartbroken for Maricela's family.

The whole secret thing still bothers me. Her family already knew about her drug problems so whatever the secret was MG felt it was worse than that in order for her not to tell. Somepeople have suggested its because she knew she was leaving but was she leaving because of something she had done? Has pregnancy ever been suggested as a possibility? Not that this is bad but maybe MG felt it was considering her current situation or because of who it was with?

She also slept with her sister Sarah for a few days prior....The secret is key.

This to me implies she was scared & knew someone/people were affter her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter
Back