Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wrap my head around this:
So he kidnaps her. And then what, plans on hiding out for x amount of time and then he's scot free?? He has to know that he's in deep poopoo when he's caught. I just can't understand how he thinks it'll all be ok after a while. They can't hide forever. At least not here in the US. A man who's lost it all and a girl that has said she wants to die.....sigh. Or...did HE post all that making her seem suicidal. She's gonna turn on him and he's not going to like it since he's given up everything for her. Did y'all see on her IG where she called someone a C and said to suck her D?? Ohhhh Elizabeth....beautiful girl...I pray for you and your safety. If you're in woods...start a fire...will always bring help.

If he's left the country, I'm guessing he's headed to Jamaica. He can get divorced without his wife in 48 hours, age of consent is 12 (gross) and he can marry without a passport and with only 24 hours of residency. Quick divorce, quick remarriage and then she's his wife and he's protected. Can someone else check it and see if I read it right?

So he kidnaps her. And then what, plans on hiding out for x amount of time and then he's scot free?? He has to know that he's in deep poopoo when he's caught. I just can't understand how he thinks it'll all be ok after a while. They can't hide forever. At least not here in the US. A man who's lost it all and a girl that has said she wants to die.....sigh. Or...did HE post all that making her seem suicidal. She's gonna turn on him and he's not going to like it since he's given up everything for her. Did y'all see on her IG where she called someone a C and said to suck her D?? Ohhhh Elizabeth....beautiful girl...I pray for you and your safety. If you're in woods...start a fire...will always bring help.
I think he convinced her to do a suicide pact. I pray not but he had to realize that even if she turned 18 he would face charges. Unless he wasn't thinking with any logic at all? [emoji29]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If he's left the country, I'm guessing he's headed to Jamaica. He can get divorced without his wife in 48 hours, age of consent is 12 (gross) and he can marry without a passport and with only 24 hours of residency. Quick divorce, quick remarriage and then she's his wife and he's protected. Can someone else check it and see if I read it right?

I think that only applies to actual Jamaicans. "[FONT=&quot]A divorce proceeding can be initiated by any party in the marriage provided that he or she is a Jamaican national and is either domiciled or resides in Jamaica at the date of the commencement of the proceedings. It does not matter if one party prefers to remain married. Only one party needs to desire to seek a divorce. However, the court will have to make a special exception to accept a divorce petition if the parties been married for less than two years."
[/FONT]
https://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=28608[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

So...looking at the pic where she is carrying a pile of unidentifiable stuff, she is walking on some unique tiles.

attachment.php

It does not appear that Shoney's has tiles like that from the Google street view. There's also no wood chips (is that what's in front of her in the pic?)

attachment.php
attachment.php

WHERE WAS IT TAKEN AND WHEN! Arg.

Attachments

• Shoney's.jpg
    Shoney's.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 3E7DA2BC00000578-0-This_image_of_Elizabeth_was_taken_on_March_13_the_day_she_vanish-a-121_149030.jpg
    3E7DA2BC00000578-0-This_image_of_Elizabeth_was_taken_on_March_13_the_day_she_vanish-a-121_149030.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Shoney's2.jpg
    Shoney's2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 337
I'm on it! I got married in Jamaica!! Didn't need a license in 1998...

I doubt he posted her posts on facebook. I think THAT would have woken her up and made her distance herself from him. She really was despondent, and that's why she was so at risk for a mistake like she made - to run off with this much older man.

It's possible he was willing to risk it all and has no thoughts that he will get away with anything. You see this all the time in the news - a man will clearly give up his whole life for a sexual encounter or series of sexual encounters they know full well will ruin their lives. Like the Thornbirds, who are driven to impale themselves on huge thorns. He knows he can't get away with this, and decided it's worth it.

So...looking at the pic where she is carrying a pile of unidentifiable stuff, she is walking on some unique tiles.

attachment.php

It does not appear that Shoney's has tiles like that from the Google street view. There's also no wood chips (is that what's in front of her in the pic?)

attachment.php
attachment.php

WHERE WAS IT TAKEN AND WHEN! Arg.
To me it looks like our sidewalks to our houses

I think he convinced her to do a suicide pact. I pray not but he had to realize that even if she turned 18 he would face charges. Unless he wasn't thinking with any logic at all? [emoji29]

My mind goes there as well, the #unbreakable thing... it's just too much. I don't see what the end game here is at all. He is going straight to prison, she seems to have little self worth as it is and I'm sure the public's eye doesn't help, even though its mostly well placed concern for her. I hope she realizes she is loved, gets a moment to herself and asks for help. ALL she has to do is take the first step and help will abound.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I found his resume on another portal:

I am a Christian, and I worship at the Grace Church of the Nazarene in Columbia, TN. I am blessed to have served in many capacities at Grace, one of which is that I oversaw all audio engineering and sound equipment for the Grace Church campus. Another is a ministry called “Grace Unlimited”, in which we ministered, monthly, through worship services, fellowship, and mentoring at Maury County Jail and at Magnolia Academy (a wilderness boot camp for teen boys in trouble). Within this ministry, I was blessed to get to minister to many individuals through preaching, playing music, leading singing, singing solos, praying, and mentoring. At Grace Church, I have served as a church board member, a Care Pastor, taught adult and teen Sunday school classes, sang in the Choir, played drums during Sunday worship, and I occasionally serve as a vocal soloist. I also served as Interim Youth Pastor and often serve as an adult chaperone for youth activities.

I traveled to the Darien Province in the rainforest of Panama to participate in a medical mission campaign in which we spent a week conducting clinics in various jungle communities and treating the medical problems of the Embura Indians.

https://www.beyond.com/people/24956405/view/resume

Oh No, he was a Youth Pastor? :no:

I have had two bad experiences with Youth Pastors and their 'bonds' with young people who trust them.

I guess I'm not following either. ET is a CHILD! A VICTIM!
Exactly. There is some misconception that teenagers who "go along" with situations like this are not victims. She's not of age to consent and even if she were, he's in an authority role, which makes it illegal.

To say he had been grooming her is not an average "opinion." It is supported in fact. To insinuate that it started out as him giving her sympathy for her abusive childhood as if that wasn't grooming, seems outrageous imo. Predators choose to groom victims based on their vulnerability. The grooming starts "innocently" as a test to see if the victim will run, tell, etc. Abused children are vulnerable to be re-victimized and I have no doubts that's why he targeted her. He is a predator. No sympathy given. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My mind goes there as well, the #unbreakable thing... it's just too much. I don't see what the end game here is at all. He is going straight to prison, she seems to have little self worth as it is and I'm sure the public's eye doesn't help, even though its mostly well placed concern for her. I hope she realizes she is loved, gets a moment to herself and asks for help. ALL she has to do is take the first step and help will abound.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In her experience in life, that hasn't happened before. Her experience is she suffers and suffers and suffers, clearly begging for help, and no one helps her.

Oh No, he was a Youth Pastor? :no:

I have had two bad experiences with Youth Pastors and their 'bonds' with young people who trust them.
Hmmm wonder if he made friends with any of the inmates when he volunteered. I can't see anyone from his day to day life helping but maybe someone he met in Maury County jail

[FONT=&quot]WAAY 31 learned from investigators on Friday how they believe Elizabeth Thomas and Tad Cummins communicated before the two disappeared. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Maury County Sheriff's Department lead investigator on the case said it all centers around Cummin's school email account.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Maury County District Attorney and the Sheriff's Office believes the two were writing emails to each other but not sending them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brent Cooper, Maury County District Attorney "They would write the message and let it save as a draft. The other person would log in, read the message and then delete it and then write another message that was saved as a draft," said Maury County District Attorney Brent Cooper.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to investigators, Elizabeth Thomas and Tad Cummins used Cummin's school email to write inappropriate messages to each other.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]THE district attorney told WAAY 31 he couldn't go into details about what exactly was written in the email drafts. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] "If you read them you would immediately recognize you are reading messages between two people who have a romantic interest in each other, said Cooper." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The lead investigator on the case did share one of the messages with WAAY 31.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I saw you standing next to you backpack this morning and makes a reference to a body part of hers and how nice that looked, said Marcus Alright with the Maury County Sheriff's Department."

https://www.facebook.com/waay31news/[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]WAAY 31 learned from investigators on Friday how they believe Elizabeth Thomas and Tad Cummins communicated before the two disappeared. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Maury County Sheriff's Department lead investigator on the case said it all centers around Cummin's school email account.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
The Maury County District Attorney and the Sheriff's Office believes the two were writing emails to each other but not sending them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Brent Cooper, Maury County District Attorney "They would write the message and let it save as a draft. The other person would log in, read the message and then delete it and then write another message that was saved as a draft," said Maury County District Attorney Brent Cooper.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]According to investigators, Elizabeth Thomas and Tad Cummins used Cummin's school email to write inappropriate messages to each other.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]THE district attorney told WAAY 31 he couldn't go into details about what exactly was written in the email drafts. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] "If you read them you would immediately recognize you are reading messages between two people who have a romantic interest in each other, said Cooper." [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The lead investigator on the case did share one of the messages with WAAY 31.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"I saw you standing next to you backpack this morning and makes a reference to a body part of hers and how nice that looked, said Marcus Alright with the Maury County Sheriff's Department."

https://www.facebook.com/waay31news/[/FONT]

This really scares me. To concoct this method to get access to her and conceal his predation is mindblowing. When I think he can't be much more depraved, it gets worse. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong