Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it was his ego. I think he liked the idea of doing it right under their noses. Afterall, he is ex-CIA and FBI and a forensics genius...NOT.

I think he thought if he left it as a draft, no one would ever see it. I don't know what other means of communications he had with her. This seems kind of creative, actually - and now I know, drafts can be read by the server.

I suspect it was his ego. I think he liked the idea of doing it right under their noses. Afterall, he is ex-CIA and FBI and a forensics genius...NOT.

It also makes the whole thing more exciting. I do think he felt the school admin was daft.

I'm confused too. They say they may have on the same clothes they disappeared in, but the Wal-Mart video of TC was taken a week before they went missing?

This confused me, too! It doesn't say he's wearing the same clothes that he has on in the surveillance video, just that he probably still has on the same clothes he did when he left his house Monday morning. She might still have the clothes from the surveillance picture of her, though, since it was taken the morning they left.

He reminds me of a certain hostage negotiator.

I wonder if ET was a mature 15yr old? I was more mature at 15 then most girls my age. I believe one of her quotes said something along the lines of her being an old soul. She has the saddest, darkest, social media accounts I've ever read. Most people try to cover up about being broken, depressed and suicidal. Saying those things screams out low self esteem and self worth, vulnerable which draws the predators, perverts out of the woodwork, being an easy target for manipulation by them. It's best to tell those things to a Dr, social worker or licensed persons, family who know how to help you not on a social media account for the world to see. Poor thing she opened herself up to this creep and other lurkers.

Welcome
Sorry for what you went through I too could have been here and now looking back oh my I knew absolutely nothing at 15
Maybe because it was an endangered child alert at first? I know you have to set your phone to receive the emergency alerts for storms etc but I'm not sure how the different levels of the AA affect those alerts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I had been traveling the weekend before this and got an Amber Alert when I touched down in Texas as soon as my phone was turned back on. After my coworkers got alerts, I rechecked mine and it was definitely on for alerts. I suspect it was more an issue with AT&T or service in my building. AT&T is upgrading equipment at my workplace.

When I was driving on the interstate on Tuesday after the Amber Alert, I was thinking that I have no clue where to start with just "Silver Nissan" with Tennessee plates.

It also makes the whole thing more exciting. I do think he felt the school admin was daft.

I think he has a superiority complex and somehow thought he was going to get away with this. He must have known people would scrutinize his social media accounts, but he made no attempt at deleting them. He was sending out signals hard and fast...and no one picked up on it. It's so sad to think of how many people truly respected him far more than he deserved.

Why in God's name would he use his work account? Makes zero sense! Why not set up gmail, etc.

Thinking the district restricted what they had access to.

Jeanna, only because I have lived through something similar that Elizabeth is going through, I have to disagree. My family was and still is very dysfunctional. My family's actions definitely led me to get involved with a 30-something year old when I was only 15. His actions still 20 years later cause me anger and resentment. I feel as though my parents acts were unintentional. They were "asleep at the wheel" with raising all of us. The guy I got involved with very much knew what he was doing and took advantage of my situation. My mom and I still aren't really close, but I can work on that relationship. I probably won't get over that guy using me for a very long time, if ever. I have moved on, but I do wonder what kind of person I would have been had he not stolen my innocence.

[emoji1317] hugs [emoji847]

I've been reading/lurking on this thread since the beginning. It hits very close to home for me in a lot of ways. I live in Huntsville and Columbia is "just up the road" from me. I drove from Nashville on the Sunday before she went missing and actually stopped in Columbia. I'm not sure why, but I never got an Amber Alert on Monday. I only knew about it because I was at work and everyone's phone buzzed at the same time except mine - not sure why not because I am set to get them. On Tuesday, I saw a billboard for an Amber Alert, but it just said silver Nissan and their pics. I do wish that billboard had been more specific and actually showed a pic of the vehicle - that's what I look for more than anything with Amber Alerts.

I never really thought much about them actually being in Decatur, only because it is right off the interstate when leaving Columbia. It would be the place I would stop for gas, restroom break, etc. I do wonder if they were pinged just off the interstate or further into town or near one of the campgrounds there.

I could have very well been Elizabeth 20 years ago. I was a "victim" (according to who you ask) of someone more than twice my age. Coming from a very dysfunctional family, I believed anything that guy said. I definitely would have run away with him had he asked just to get away from all the craziness at home. Not sure how long I would have stayed on the run with him before I got tired and wanted to see my siblings, but I without a doubt would have done it.

I have an iPhone and I didn't get the alert either. I heard everyone else's phone going off. I googled it and one forum said to turn your AA alert to off, reboot your phone and then turn it back on. We had another AA in the Memphis area yesterday and it sounded on my phone. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kampgrounds of America, Inc replied and said they have notified their campgrounds.

Whenever I get an amber alert on my iPhone it shows car license number and vehicle description. Why doesn't it say what the alert is for? Last one I had to google what happened.

I think he thought if he left it as a draft, no one would ever see it. I don't know what other means of communications he had with her. This seems kind of creative, actually - and now I know, drafts can be read by the server.

But the investigators said ET was logging in and responding to TC drafts. So TC had intent to use the draft file to perpetrate inappropriate contact with ET. Additionally, that he allowed ET access to a school account like that was another violation. That he did this smacks of ego or stupidity. Most people know that company computers can be legally monitored by the company owner, but as evidenced by TC's websites, he is no computer guru so his stupidity may have left the investigators a huge lead.

Yeah, but you can sync Gmail to your phone, they wouldn't have needed a school computer to check it.

They were still in hiding and cover up mode. This may have been the only way to communicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77