IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could be as positive as those who think LE knows who killed these girls. I'm hopeful they know but IMHO they don't know who bridge guy is.

I also thought of a drifter staying in the woods until I looked at the nighttime lows in the area (some nights near zero.) Bad time for overnight camping.
Unless he was staying in someone's shed, and that person might not even have known..

In your personal opinion and the talk around town, does it seem like RL is involved in some capacity?
There are not a whole lot of Delphi folks on here saying much... But I have read some, and from what I read, although he's gOt a history for other things, they have nO reason to think he's involved.... Jmo from what I have read...

Terrain is very, very rough from what I have read.

The serial profiler talks about "comfort zones" when it comes to committing a crime. Serial killers often start their crimes close to home where they are most comfortable. To commit a full-blown, kidnapping and double-murder in broad daylight carries extreme risk. Too risky for someone from the outside or a non-local, imho.
I place my bet it's a SK.. I'm convinced.

There is NO hiking off trail there. Its all private property when you get off that bridge and the park at the very beginning of the trail where the parking is located. Three-quarters of a mile away (where the girls were found) is NOT on a trail. It's all private. No one is "hiking" there.

I do think that makes off trail hiking less likely. But I will say, I go hiking with my kids sometimes and see teenagers (usually boys) wandering around off trail on nearby property...which is trespassing. Nevertheless, I see kids do it probably 50% of the times we go out. I think in our case, kids don't even think about there being private property or trespassing laws. They see their endeavors off trail as harmless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had the chance to ask LE one question, what would you ask? Think about it before you answer.

Hi all. Just found and joined a few days ago. After trying to binge read as many comments as possible, I have a few questions. First, has it been noted for certain yet where the girls were dropped off yet, and where the pick up point was to be? Second, I can't find it again, but I thought I saw a map that showed there was a path that led from the cemetery, towards the creek, and that intersected with another path that ran parallel to the creek and that ended at the main path/north side of the bridge? Can anyone confirm either of these for me? TIA, appreciate everyones work.

His complaints were not because people were walking on the land. One report was because he saw someone in his barn. The other was because his house was burglarized.

Okay, I have never thought too seriously about RL as a suspect (at least not working alone) because we have all been working with the idea that these might have been particularly violent and graphic crimes (as LE said, they'd never forget it...like nightmares etc.)

But your comment actually made me think of a scenario.

My grandfather, in his elderly years, became more paranoid about his safety. He once came out with a gun, fearing he might need to defend himself, then discovered the visitor approaching him was only a family member. (Yes. Scary.)

What if RL or some other neighbors had been burglarized before and reported trespassers in his barn, what if he or another neighbor were becoming a bit paranoid about their vulnerability as elderly people as well? What if (hypothetical scenario) he or another neighbor had been drinking a little, got scared, and mistakenly shot a girl thinking it was a more threatening person?

Not saying this is what happened, just saying, if police viewed that on the tape it would still be the stuff of nightmares in my opinion. Seeing or hearing two girls gunned down would be something I'd never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you find male DNA connected to either of the girls or crime scene?

It looks different uptown now. Equipment that was on the street is gone and I only two or three police cars parked at the old REMC building. Much different from what it was a week ago with large trucks and satellite dishes on trailers and cars and truck from many different LE agencies. What does this tell us?

[video=twitter;846292411622002689]https://twitter.com/NaomiPescovitz/status/846292411622002689[/video]

Naomi Pescovitz‏
Verified account
@NaomiPescovitz 3h
3 hours ago

Six weeks.
#Delphi

Wish I could be as positive as those who think LE knows who killed these girls. I'm hopeful they know but IMHO they don't know who bridge guy is.

I agree.
I know we clearly don't know everything LE does but I feel the same.
Either their silence is them getting everything ready for a solid arrest/case.
Or they have no idea.
Time will tell I guess.

Moo

Hi all. Just found and joined a few days ago. After trying to binge read as many comments as possible, I have a few questions. First, has it been noted for certain yet where the girls were dropped off yet, and where the pick up point was to be? Second, I can't find it again, but I thought I saw a map that showed there was a path that led from the cemetery, towards the creek, and that intersected with another path that ran parallel to the creek and that ended at the main path/north side of the bridge? Can anyone confirm either of these for me? TIA, appreciate everyones work.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Delphi remembers Libby German and Abby Williams six weeks after their murder

Their story brought more than 300 people together in the small town of Stanton, Michigan for a scholarship fundraiser in Abby's name. Lucy Hubbard is Abby’s her great aunt who was there.

"She didn't die from cancer,” Lucy said by phone Sunday night after the three-hour gathering at the American Legion Hall in Stanton. “She didn't get hit by a car. She was murdered and at 13-years-old, no one should have to go through this. Nobody. It's devastating and to think this person is still on the loose."

Much of Abby Williams’ extended family is from Stanton. The money raised Sunday will buy books at the local library in her name and pay for boys and girls state scholarships.

"We cannot forget these two little girls lives were lost,” Lucy said.”They will never get married. They will never have a family. Their life is done and it affected the whole family, and the whole community."

http://www.wthr.com/article/delphi-...nd-abby-williams-six-weeks-after-their-murder

If you had the chance to ask LE one question, what would you ask? Think about it before you answer.

I am asking this because I have the opportunity to ask one of the detectives that worked on the case. Not that he has given me the "you can only ask one question" Jeanie in a bottle thing, but I wanted to approach him with one question. Something he may or may not answer, but it's worth a shot right?

I am asking this because I have the opportunity to ask one of the detectives that worked on the case. Not that he has given me the "you can only ask one question" Jeanie in a bottle thing, but I wanted to approach him with one question. Something he may or may not answer, but it's worth a shot right?

DNA would be my first question but someone already mentioned that. Next would be "were they sexually assaulted?"

Oo. Lucky you (and us by extension). Before I can answer with the one question I would ask how well do you know this detective? I think that would change the question I would ask...for example do you know him well enough that you would be able to tell if he was bluffing, hedging his answers, etc?

I am of the opinion he is already behind bars albeit on other charges. I just can't imagine they'd let him wander freely once they knew who it was. They are likely getting their ducks in row, covering all the bases before charges. IMO it's also why they pared down the number of investigators. Hoping today is the day that they charge him.

I agree.
I've also noticed in Aus. if they can pin something on a suspect they will incarcerate him or keep him busy going to the probation office or even court cases.

We have a POI in a missing five year old who went missing 5 years ago now. LE dug deep into POI's past and found a previous crime back in 1986 where he allegedly raped a five year old girl. He is facing charges and appearing in court. He is a hard nut to crack but our cops are just not giving up.

IMO they have their man because there are no alerts of danger in the area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Tyrrell-3-Kendall-NSW-12-Sept-2014-26/page11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80