IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been camping, in the summer and sometimes spending so much time outdoors I am in sweats all weekend except for height of afternoon when it's 85 degrees. That day saw a high of 42(or 48?) Degrees. If he had been outside overnight, or even since earlier that am, I don't see him as being particularly overdressed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Agree.

High was 43.

As far as DNA or no DNA I have noticed in another case I have followed on WS for nearly a year that certain details that were reported early after the murder have disappeared, been walked back by LE. IMO it could be possible that this has happened w the DNA comments. Also, the " stuff of nightmares" comment. Possibly bc LE needs to redirect the conversation about certain details. Hope that makes sense. lol

Question??? Can you determine from the crime scene whether the killer is right or left handed? What traits can be determined from DNA?

If the killer used a knife to kill the victims, I'm pretty sure that they can determine if the killer is left or right handed.

Here again, two and a half weeks later, they talk about having DNA. Can you please link the article where they retract the statement that they have DNA? Thanks.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/15/indiana-teens-killer-may-have-met-police-prosecutors-say.html
There is nothing in that article that states they have any DNA. The only thing in there is the prosecutor waxing nostalgic about how his career goes back before the days of DNA evidence and cell phone evidence and the like. It, in no way shape or form, indicates that LE has DNA to work with.

Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter said they do. Direct quote from him, not the media.

I saw it, He was speaking to Alexis McAdams from Fox if it's the same interview I'm thinking of.

Having DNA can mean lots of things. The JonBenet Ramsey case is a good example. DNA transfer, DNA from clothing manufactures....as the means to identify DNA continues to improve it opens more possibilities including all DNA discovered is not necessarily linked to the murderer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is nothing in that article that states they have any DNA. The only thing in there is the prosecutor waxing nostalgic about how his career goes back before the days of DNA evidence and cell phone evidence and the like. It, in no way shape or form, indicates that LE has DNA to work with.

Okay, here we go again. Here's another for you. Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does...."
http://fox59.com/2017/03/08/fbi-putting-together-profile-of-suspect-accused-of-killing-delphi-teens/

And yes, he does say, "that's without cell phone and DNA which are a big part of what's going on here." So yes, it does indicate they have DNA to work with, but ok.

Yesterday I had a nightmare...The murder used a bomb... therefore no DNA left... I was so upset waking up from this nightmare. I guess all the news around the world I recently read contributed to the nightmare. Hope justice come soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the killer used a knife to kill the victims, I'm pretty sure that they can determine if the killer is left or right handed.
On which case, wouldn't they have released this as part of the BOLO? They could say they have indications that lead them to believe..Blah, blah..Without giving away cod or mod. JMO.

Okay, here we go again. Here's another for you. Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does...."
http://fox59.com/2017/03/08/fbi-putting-together-profile-of-suspect-accused-of-killing-delphi-teens/

That's the interview I saw him speak on, not just quoted in a text article. Thanks

Yes. A gun would have that effect.

The observation I will make however is that Libby activated the video recording at time before any weapon, if there was one, was produced since we don't see one in the stills. Something other than a weapon with respect to BG (or even BG himself) caused Libby to start recording. As GH points out BG was about 80 feet from the girls and the girls were already off the bridge at the South end - definitely Libby. It would take at least 30 seconds and likely 45 seconds to a minute for BG to cover the distance across those bridge ties to the girls. That would be quite a head start if the girls ran. So the key question to me is: What is it that kept the girls from making that run for it? My own opinion is that there were one or more persons (who are involved) near or behind the girls when this all started in motion.

Pure speculation on my part; but I suspect the girls felt trapped at that end of the bridge. They had to be getting back to their pickup point on the north side. Had they known their lives were at stake they would have reacted differently. {IMO}

It actually says investigators are anxiously awaiting DNA tests being done by FBI forensic analysts

Edited to add I no longer trust what Fox59 prints in any event.

Pure speculation on my part; but I suspect the girls felt trapped at that end of the bridge. They had to be getting back to their pickup point on the north side. Had they known their lives were at stake they would have reacted differently. {IMO}
You are right they could feel trapped. Maybe she took a video the other way trying to capture someone else too but didnt manage it. We don't know if a confrontation had already happened at video point. We don't know if Abby was right by Libby at point photo taken. We don't know if Libby had run away or was scared and tied up at time of managing to take video. I wish we knew If there was two guys :/

Yes. A gun would have that effect.

The observation I will make however is that Libby activated the video recording at time before any weapon, if there was one, was produced since we don't see one in the stills. Something other than a weapon with respect to BG (or even BG himself) caused Libby to start recording. As GH points out BG was about 80 feet from the girls and the girls were already off the bridge at the South end - definitely Libby. It would take at least 30 seconds and likely 45 seconds to a minute for BG to cover the distance across those bridge ties to the girls. That would be quite a head start if the girls ran. So the key question to me is: What is it that kept the girls from making that run for it? My own opinion is that there were one or more persons (who are involved) near or behind the girls when this all started in motion.
I have been long uncomfortable with the trend here that we are basing an analysis by GH to be hard fact. No where does LE even intimate that the video captures that they released were filmed by Libby from a distance of 80 feet. I am not saying that GH is wrong, only that it has creeped up here time and time again as fact. It is NOT fact and should be stated as an opinion.

They won't know if they have DNA until whatever evidence they gathered and swabbed is sent to the lab and tested. That takes some time. They send off physical evidence and items they have swabbed and hope someone's DNA is on there that shouldn't be there. If you followed other cases such as Christina Morris' case, they swabbed the trunk in multiple places and it was the lab who confirmed that her DNA was on the mat and on the rubber around the trunk closure. LE didn't know this until the lab results came up positive for DNA. All this takes several weeks or even months. It's not immediate. They probably haven't received any results yet.

Do they think it was an experienced killer?

Do they think the girls were targeted/stalked or chosen at random?

Do they think this was a premeditated planned act or a spontaneous one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would ask if it is someone known to the families

As far as DNA or no DNA I have noticed in another case I have followed on WS for nearly a year that certain details that were reported early after the murder have disappeared, been walked back by LE. IMO it could be possible that this has happened w the DNA comments. Also, the " stuff of nightmares" comment. Possibly bc LE needs to redirect the conversation about certain details. Hope that makes sense. lol
"the stuff of nightmares" was a statement made by the media, not LE. I believe it was Inside Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021