IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the video showed criminal behaviour and was posted to snapchat how come no one saw it and reported them as in danger when they were first missing?

I don't remember reading if the video was also uploaded to Snapchat, I know the image of Abby was. Maybe someone else might know this?

jmo

That is wonderful! These kind ladies in this photo have made awesome food for the guys & ladies that work so hard to bring resolve to the case. I'm. Imagining rolls in the basket & look @ beautiful pies on the counter. LE is being supported by the lovely people of Delphi as they continue to care for Libby's & Abby's families too. I believe answers are coming soon. Imho

You know I respect you, but that's an assumption based on absence of fact. We have no way of knowing if LE has identified BG or not. Maybe I'm Pollyannaish here but I have more faith in these ladies and gentleman of LE. I'll bet besides the families that no one wants an arrest and conviction more than them.
I'm probably not making myself clear. Actually I agree with you especially your last paragraph.

I don't remember reading if the video was also uploaded to Snapchat, I know the image of Abby was. Maybe someone else might know this?

jmo

It was never stated that the video was uploaded but was recovered from her phone.

The COD determines what type of suspect did this. It means everything really. I don't need LE to tell me the COD because it should remain confidential. Speculating is helpful even if not confirmed. COD explains motive. Motive tells why BG did this and how likely he is to do it again. COD and motive will lead to identifying info of the BG.

BTW, IMO nothing in that video will give any clue as to COD. It's a great layout of the investigation as it takes place.

I couldn't agree more.The COD was not what we were tasked with finding out.It is easy to jump on the COD and How it was committed train and I think that's natural.I've even did it myself as you can see from my earlier posts.When I say what we were tasked with,I mean the public.They gave us a picture,crapity picture,but thats what we got.I think all efforts should go to scrutinizing every single detail in the photo.Afterall,LE said he participated in the killings.So,maybe we have some digital photography experts who could work with clothing experts maybe with some hunting experts maybe something I dunno.Beginning to speak out of frustration now so I will pull back and lurk a bit more.What I stated was MO.
I appreciate the detail, and in no way do I mean to single you out in any way, but why are many people concerned with COD? LE knows and how does it help anyone to know or speculate as to cause? Even if we knew, we still don't know everything else so how will this help? If there is a sexual element to this crime, I'm certain LE has and is looking at similar crimes and RSO. I'm also certain they have a much better chance of identifying this bag of excrement than anyone here does, I'm really not following some of the logic. Anyone?

Assuming they don't know who the suspect is already, I would ask if their techniques have evolved far enough to adapt to the possibility of something outside their general profiling formula? In most cases, probably 90%+, the way a crime happens is probably fairly easy for them to establish, but in those rare cases, such with SK's of higher intellect(such as Bundy), there will likely always be criminals who make it their "career", so to speak, of learning the techniques of LE, and staying a step or 3 ahead.
If you had the chance to ask LE one question, what would you ask? Think about it before you answer.

Been two weeks since I was last on here, and it's quite sad to see that there's been no major developments in this case. One quick question;How do the police know, for sure, that the girls were murdered?
From the autopsy results which officially determine COD.

While I agree, mostly, I believe if there were more details, possibly including COD, then maybe it would be easier to determine a timeline, whether or not they were moved, and then brought back(which I have never suspected), motive, etc. Simply knowing whether or not there was a sexual element might, at the very least, eliminate a lot of erroneous and time wasting speculation. IMO
I couldn't agree more.The COD was not what we were tasked with finding out.It is easy to jump on the COD and How it was committed train and I think that's natural.I've even did it myself as you can see from my earlier posts.When I say what we were tasked with,I mean the public.They gave us a picture,crapity picture,but thats what we got.I think all efforts should go to scrutinizing every single detail in the photo.Afterall,LE said he participated in the killings.So,maybe we have some digital photography experts who could work with clothing experts maybe with some hunting experts maybe something I dunno.Beginning to speak out of frustration now so I will pull back and lurk a bit more.What I stated was MO.

The COD determines what type of suspect did this. It means everything really. I don't need LE to tell me the COD because it should remain confidential. Speculating is helpful even if not confirmed. COD explains motive. Motive tells why BG did this and how likely he is to do it again. COD and motive will lead to identifying info of the BG.

The police have a COD is my guess. They also have access to databases that look for similar crimes. This is where I'm having trouble understanding some of this,

I do not believe BG has been identified. LE is checking over old tips, continuing on with ones not yet investigated. If they had DNA from the crimes, and a match, I do not believe this is how they would be utilizing their resources. Also, I find it hard to believe that if they had a true suspect in custody, they would not say so. This is a huge crime, with a huge waiting public. Jmo

Totally agree.

The COD provides huge insight into the perp imo.

Six weeks later, information continues coming in to Delphi murder investigators

A lot has changed. Progress police say they are making is hard for residents to see. Yet they remain hopeful, confident and supportive.

Sgt. Kim Riley of the Indiana State Police has been answering reporters' questions since day one.

"I was hoping we would be done in one or two weeks," Riley said.

An investigation that once had 200 or more cops tracking down leads, now has about 20 assigned to the case full-time. The investigation has slowed from a sprint race to a turtle race, according to Riley.

"We are looking at tips and leads we've went through. Tips and leads we haven't gone through. We are making sure all our bases are covered," he explained. "We still have information coming in. We still have information we have to process. We have information we have to chase down. It is going to be a long while before we can say this is a cold case."

Even though days and nights of work and a reward fund that has climbed to more than $200,000 haven't given detectives the tip they need, Riley insists they remain optimistic.

"Every day I walk in this door and I see the faces of these guys. They have the determination to keep working on to getting this case closer and closer to an arrest," he said.

As he said that, the Wolf family arrived at the police command center carrying a homemade lunch and several fresh baked pies.

http://www.wthr.com/article/six-wee...nues-coming-in-to-delphi-murder-investigators

I hate to pound the table on this, but the more I read, more I listen to (Vanished Pod Cast) and more I investigate online about the following the more closely I'm skewed to someone from the past.

I've spent the last week reading Chris Martins book on Larry DeWayne Hall. Apparently there were three accomplices mentioned at one point for a few of the vanishing women, many of whom were killed. In the book he mentioned the twin brother as being a potential accomplice in these murders, Gary Hall who's alive and well in Wabash, Indiana (39 victims to be exact). I present to you their map:

http://www.zeemaps.com/pub?group=60...e=1&shuttered=1&x=-86.375585&y=38.568330&z=13

Just search "Larry Dewayne Hall" on IPhone Podcast or google and there are 5 episodes.

I do not believe BG has been identified. LE is checking over old tips, continuing on with ones not yet investigated. If they had DNA from the crimes, and a match, I do not believe this is how they would be utilizing their resources. Also, I find it hard to believe that if they had a true suspect in custody, they would not say so. This is a huge crime, with a huge waiting public. Jmo

I agree. I'm still hopeful that they have DNA from the crime scene, but I have always been skeptical that they can find a match. I think they have been trying and no one has matched yet. JMO

While I agree, mostly, I believe if there were more details, possibly including COD, then maybe it would be easier to determine a timeline, whether or not they were moved, and then brought back(which I have never suspected), motive, etc. Simply knowing whether or not there was a sexual element might, at the very least, eliminate a lot of erroneous and time wasting speculation. IMO

With all due respect, if you and I were dropped on the edge of the crime scene right before LE arrived we'd probably accidentally contaminate it. Not because we'd want to but because we have no idea how to conduct a homicide investigation or process and assess the scene. That's all I'm saying.

Oh the old a source close to/familiar with the investigation quote trick.....got it

Indeed.

I could flip burgers in a restaurant up the street from a police station and rightfully proclaim to be "a source close to the investigation". For that matter, anyone with an opinion and who knows of this case is "familiar with the investigation."

Official media sources have no reason to hide their identity.

I have suspected since hearing/seeing evidence that he was on the bridge with them, that he likely followed them to the trailhead where they were dropped by off by the relative. Car, truck, motorcycle?Either that or he was there when they arrived(if this was simply about opportunity), and decided upon seeing them exit the vehicle that they were going to be his target.
Hiya all, I have followed this terrible case from afar, and I hope it is solved soon.

What surprised me is that the man on the bridge actually followed them, and this made me wonder where he had come from. IMHO there is no point in hiding in the bushes waiting for someone to pass by ... you might wait in vain a long long time.
He must have come from somewhere, within a short time frame, because it all happened shortly after they got on the bridge, and he must have gone to somewhere and ppl may have seen him on the road, before or after.

If he came by car, did he leave the car and how did he get back?

So my question would be if they know about everyone who was on the road leading to the trail, and on the various roads from the trail (assuming that he left in a different direction)

When I was Libby and Abby's age, a friend and I were biking on a bicycle path that went along a road, but in and out of the woods alongside the road about 20 feet or so. One in of the curves into the woods we came upon a man, who jumped out in front of us and held a knife. The adult me thinks it would have been really easy to swerve around him and just hightail it out of there, but no, we stopped. He led us, compliantly further into the woods where he exposed himself. We were not harmed and pretty much gave him enough stress that he soon left us there and left. Thankfully. I was a pretty tough kid, too, I grew up in NY, the Bronx to be exact, and was much more street savvy than your average tween. My point is, a gun is all it would take to keep the girls compliant until they could be bound, etc. you think it is easy to run, to scream, to fight, but in reality, the sight of a weapon is pretty darn traumatic. I think the photo of BG is 80 ft from Libby, but very close to Abby. I don't think there is much more footage before Libby puts the phone into her pocket because I think BG was getting ready to pull the gun out on Abby who is probably just outside the photo we have seen. JMHO

My mother and I, two independent women who fight like tigers when cornered, were attacked by a man with a gun. He forced us to walk the length of an entire city block, and probably would have forced us into the van he was herding us towards, if another random person hadn't just happened upon the scene. The perp was shorter than us, and overweight. There were two of us. Still, he a gun pointed at my head and my mother wouldn't leave me.

Point being, you don't need injections or big stories to move someone from point A to point B. A gun works quite nicely on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000