Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your theory is a good one and I agree that you can hide in those mountains for a while. I lived in the Tri-Cities for quite a while many years ago.

I remember a fugitive hiding on the NC side for quite sometime.

I don't think he is concerned about crossing state lines. At this point he is going for broke.

]My problem (well, one of them) in the hiding in the woods theory is that it does not seem to give a long term solution like living in another country does.

Either way, great thoughts about why they may be in those mountains.

The above is my opinion only.

BBM

I totally agree. And, assuming this is what they did, I don't think TC would have looked at it as a long term solution, but rather a hide and let the heat cool down, then make a move, scenario.

No you make a statement of fact and as one of a few involved in that discussion, I'm telling you no one called for the violation of anyone's constitutional rights.

Well, an opinion is usually stated in a, well, statement.

As you said to someone last night, "you don't know what I am thinking".

You also stated that you wanted the discussion to go away. So, let it go away.

I will express my opinions and you can agree or disagree. That is how this works I think.

Anyway, I have enjoyed some of your ideas about where they might be and what they might be doing. We have had pleasant exchanges on those and I hope they continue.

Individual police vehicles can be equipped with LPRs too. I'm sure they're more prevalent in some towns/locales than others.
Agreed.

My registration was expired and I didn't even realize.

I got pulled over on a highway going 75mph.

There's no way that the police was able to run my tag as quickly as he did and as fast as we were going had he not had a reader on him.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Individual police vehicles can be equipped with LPRs too. I'm sure they're more prevalent in some towns/locales than others.

This is true.

I have a friend that has cruised a Target parking lot reading license plate bar codes from his police car while looking for a fugitive.

As you stated, I am not sure how prevalent the use of bar code readers are by LE.

Can't a juvenile (her friend) be charged with obstruction of justice? And, if her friend wouldn't take her back home when ET asked her to do so, isn't that a form of kidnapping? Seems to me, imo, that pressure could be put on friend to get her to talk.
Fwiw
If we're going that route then couldn't have Et called 911 from her cell phone If she felt the girl was kidnapping her?
Not that I think that is at all reasonable at all but here's the problem, we don't know if the friend was interviewed by police or not. She's a juvenile and we can't blame her for this. The only person that is responsible is Tad.

Crap. Now I can't find the link to the press conference. Can someone repost please?

Crap. Now I can't find the link to the press conference. Can someone repost please?

From Gardenista:

TBI to hold briefing in Elizabeth Thomas Amber Alert case

According to TBI spokesman Josh DeVine, the briefing will be held at 10:30 CST in the Tom Primm Room at the Maury County Courthouse on Public Square.

http://tnne.ws/2nHXphQ

Can't a juvenile (her friend) be charged with obstruction of justice? And, if her friend wouldn't take her back home when ET asked her to do so, isn't that a form of kidnapping? Seems to me, imo, that pressure could be put on friend to get her to talk.

No way! Refusing to take your friend someplace because you are due at work is really not kidnapping!!! There are a million reasons the friend could have refused to take her back home, perhaps she was tired of ET's shenanigans and didn't want to be involved anymore, perhaps she has been late for work so many times that if she is late one more time she gets fired, perhaps she is also a scared kid that clammed up.

Agreed.

My registration was expired and I didn't even realize.

I got pulled over on a highway going 75mph.

There's no way that the police was able to run my tag as quickly as he did and as fast as we were going had he not had a reader on him.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yes different places will do different things. Years ago about 15 miles over the TN line the state police used to hide and catch people speeding in a really desolate area. I used to tell people coming to visit they did that but people always got caught.

Also in Spring Hill once, I was caught by a helicopter for speeding on the main highway (can't remember the number) and a cop came out of nowhere miles down the road and pulled me over. I wasn't speeding and I had no idea why he pulled me over. He told me the helicopter got me miles back and called for someone to pull me over and give me a ticket.

In this area people have fought having CCTV and other cameras and it has mostly even successful. One thing we have noticed here, we are starting to see a lot of unmarked police SUV's that don't look like police cars at all, you don't see lights until they are on. Hopefully it is state police and hopefully the two are still in the state. That will be much easier for police to catch them.

If she knows ET is safe, does she know where ET is???

I am starting to think that he is indeed in touch with people there.
Are they even reading the news??

Clearly he has escalted. ET is NOT the first girl.
MOO

IMO, the only way anyone could know ET is safe is if they have been in communication with her. And then only if TC was not monitoring what she says.

:wave: I have a new thread ready to go and will open it about 15 minutes prior to the press conference. About 25 minutes from now. ;)

Thread #7

Why is it that we don't blame et ? It's because she's a child. She was a victim of Tad. She may have not known better but Tad should have. He is responsible for all of this.
So with that, how can we blame the girl for not taking Et home? The same reason, she's a child. How do we know Et requested to go home? I'd guess that the friend told that to police or family.

She could easily counter the claims of "kidnapping" by saying that ET could've alerted anyone in shoneys to call 911.
My point is that this is not any juveniles fault, this is all Tads fault.
It's the girls right to remain silent, we don't have to agree with it but it is what it is. We have no idea how extensively she was interviewed by police, we have no idea what was said so it's really unfair to even bring her into this.

Fwiw
If we're going that route then couldn't have Et called 911 from her cell phone If she felt the girl was kidnapping her?
Not that I think that is at all reasonable at all but here's the problem, we don't know if the friend was interviewed by police or not. She's a juvenile and we can't blame her for this. The only person that is responsible is Tad.
ET's sister has confirmed the girl isn't being cooperative and ET's father has said the girl isn't and why should she worry since she knows ET is safe and that is also confirmed by her sister. Of course as a verified insider, you are free to believe what she has confirmed about that or not.

But from what has been said, it seems to me the girl thinks ET is better off with TC and it doesn't seem like the parents are pushing her to cioooweste) cooperate, based on what ET's sister has said. Also from some statements it sounds like she could possibly have some ideas of the plan.

Nissan system is Nissan Connect
There is a stolen car tracker that can be activated, someone just needs to deliver a police report to Nissan and they say the will find it

Link
https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/features-app/services-siriusxm/stolen-vehicle-locator

I think this was posted before but I appreciate your posting it again.

This information does make me wonder if either 1) LE has not contacted Nissan with a request 2) Legally is it stolen? 3) The car is out of range (if there is a geographical limitation) for this system to locate the car? 4) Does the car need to be in (I assume it would) satellite view?

Thank you again and to anyone who can help with my questions.

That Nissan rogue was the wrong choice if he was thinking about pulling a camper or trailer! It could be done but those Nissan rogues lack power( without googling it, I think he would have to have had the hitch installed. I don't think it comes standard on those models. I'll edit this post later if I'm wrong)

http://www.jackingramnissan.com/blog/much-nissan-rogue-able-tow/

I was correct that this model isn't going to tow very much at all. Even less then I expected

Then that's yet another reason to expect he may have changed vehicles, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this was posted before but I appreciate your posting it again.

This information does make me wonder if either 1) LE has not contacted Nissan with a request 2) Legally is it stolen? 3) The car is out of range (if there is a geographical limitation) for this system to locate the car? 4) Does the car need to be in (I assume it would) satellite view?

Thank you again and to anyone who can help with my questions.

Or it is possible I suppose that TC has disabled this feature. It was said that he was researching it online.
JMO

Or it is possible I suppose that TC has disabled this feature. It was said that he was researching it online.
JMO

I must have missed anything from LE stated Tad was researching how to disable this. If disabling is possible, it seems to defeat the purpose doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member