IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm there are issues in this county and in the city. Kids as young as 12 and 13 are using.

Not really relevant but it's interesting to me that they stopped to ask permission to search RL's property on the 13th. I come from a small rural town, and if two local girls are missing and possibly injured and it's getting dark, no one is asking your permission to search your land. Not gonna happen. Someone may stop and say, "Hey Bob, we gotta check the back 20," but no one is asking. And BTW, Bob's reply will be, "Let me grab a coffee and a flashlight..." All IMO MOO

This ! I have never understood the property line side when searching for 2 children.
Was it ok gotta stop right here ..this is RL's property and no one is allowed on it without asking.
I would have kept right in going across that fence looking until found. Yes I know it was dark but I live in a valley that gets dark real dark. Haven't been scared of it. You carry a spotlight and yes I do carry (just because I'm female and smart enough to know the world isn't always as safe as we would like).
Someone have an answer, is that common out there to stop and ask the landowner? Moo [emoji230]

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I can confirm there are issues in this county and in the city. Kids as young as 12 and 13 are using.
You are a local? What are your thoughts of BG? Do you think he is local? Do you think he knew the girls? In your opinion, of course.

Early in this case it was reported that cellphone was pinging around town, according to APArticle below cellphones & celltowers can connect 20 miles out. Jmo

In reference to cell towers, just read an article from AP, celltower can connect to phone 20 miles away, insurance companies are getting/ using that info when folks are filling claims to their where abouts when trying to collect on insurance claims.

I found the asking to search property thing strange too, people would just search the whole area around the trail whether its someone's land or not IMO. Of course that may well have happened and they just told RL when he turned up? That said, looking at the video by GH, they weren't that far from the bridge anyway so its strange they weren't seen by initial searchers?

Of course it would be interesting to find out if RL had a grudge against people going on his land?

Thanks for your reply.

No he didn't, in any og the interviews, seem to recite the way he thought things had happened, more just how he felt about the murders, that he had never experienced anything like this, and that he wanted the monster caught etc.
But, in 2001, he was convicted of conspiracy/murder!
This man has a brother, also in the Delphi area, who also have bin arrested (latest arrest in 2015), not for conspiracy/murder but for other criminal activity.

Please, may I request you (and all posters) always indicate who you are speaking about when posting? I thought this was about the property owner RL ... but on reflection, I think it is another person you are researching. Correct?

d0264aece8a3f19ca81c2d4fdca839d2.jpg

Tried to take a bit of a break from this and come across this in a horror group on Facebook. .
Reminded me of BG..the nose..chin etc..

Please let today be the day an arrest is made 😦

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi all
Glad to see everyone is still keeping the threads alive for Liberty & Abigail.

That's already known. He has reported trespassers in the past.

Nobody likes trespassers. The key word is that he reported them- and even then he probably only reported a fraction of the real and suspected trespassers through his "back twenty".

In short had trespassing been the motive for RL or somebody under his direction, I think the fact pattern would include some or all of the following:
- RL posting excessive no trespassing signs,
- Repeated calls to the police about real or suspected trespassers
- Conducting "security patrols" and encouraging neighbors to do the same.
- A pattern of RL aggressively confronting trespassers.

Instead, RL seems to have been pretty passive in that he reported trespassers when they were perhaps blatantly obvious and he happened to see them. Likewise, he appears to have only confronted those who strayed from the short cut and into one of the barns. Even this appears to have been pretty passive with no threats, rants etc.

I, however, would not rule out any connection between RL and BG. My guess is that the police are looking into any long term house guests he may of had or relatives temporarily living there etc.

I keep trying to put myself in the mindset of some one who could do this. With information about how the girls had been here before...was it someone who had seen them here before and knew they hiked here often? Did BG see them get dropped off and then scoured the trails and knew they were clear, had he been there before watching, waiting for the perfect time? Did Libby record because they had previously encounters with this BG...so many questions...

Which leads me to MOO; it is a local or at least someone who has lived there previously and is intimately familiar with the surroundings. Thinking out loud really.

You're not alone. I am suspicious of RL. If it were on my property or in my town I would be out there helping to search and supporting the searchers in any way possible.

He would know his property better than anyone else , so of course he should have helped! If not physically, at least be there to answer any questions the search party might have! MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would know his property better than anyone else , so of course he should have helped! If not physically, at least be there to answer any questions the search party might have! MOO

BBM

Do you know that he wasn't there to answer questions? I haven't read anything to verify that statement (?)

Let's imagine that drinking is a violation of your probation that could result in significant jail time if caught. And at your age, that jail time could be many of your last days. Let's imagine that you've been drinking and become aware of a criminal act occurring on your property. Maybe you hear something, maybe even see something. Maybe by someone you've been allowing to stay on your property. Maybe not. Do you call 911, report it, knowing that you will be bringing the police to you? Or do you decide to disappear for a few hours, sober up, and hope when you get back that what you thought you saw you didn't really see/hear? Almost everyone still makes that call. But not everyone. IMO MOO

Maybe RL just had previous appointment that he could not miss.

I've always been amazed when people think it's ok to trespass on another person's property.

RL has horses and goats (?) and the liability for any of them getting out on the road, causing an accident, would have likely been on him. I can tell you that if I would have ever caught someone in my barn, with my horses, they would have been in big trouble.

Don't forget, a month earlier, his house was also broken into and property was taken.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-04-09/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

MOO

I'd like to think my neighbors would be so helpful, and they probably would, but here in TX, I just assume everyone is armed and ready to shoot first and ask questions later if they see someone roaming around on their property. If you give them a heads up, they probably wouldn't shoot, though.
My folks live in upstate New York and it's the same. I've actually gone into woods to see a stream or creek when I was a teen and had a property owner fire off a warning shot at us.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've seen the videos by JM and GH, which are walkthroughs and/or reenactments.

My question is, has anyone seen, or can anyone point me in the direction of a picture or video that shows the area where L & A were found, from a viewpoint of the bridge itself?

-Or-

For any locals, do you basically HAVE to go off the bridge, and "down the hill" to the creek to get a view of that area?

Tia.

So I went on a short vacation and gave my brain a little rest from all this. Only now am I wondering if someone could explain why a tech savvy teenager would not have went live on FB if they truly felt threatened as she filmed? I know, I know.....I am not victim blaming. What I am doing is trying to understand why she merely started a simple video, if they felt threatened. MAybe something was just "off" with the guy and they thought they would go home and share the video later. She probably quickly stuffed the phone in her pocket when she realized they had real trouble. If they had felt threatened at the time she videoed, I would have expected her to go "live" on Facebook so as to bring the calvary.

Also, I think this is a drifter and a crime of opportunity.

All of the above is simply me thinking out loud and MOO. A friend in Lafayette bought me one of the lovely angel keychains that are embroidered with their names. I have it hanging from my mirror in my car with a cross and a rosary. They are rarely far from my thoughts.
Fwiw, My kids have abandoned Facebook. It's all Snapchat and Instagram. They feel like FB has been overrun by old people. Besides, I'm impressed she managed to do what she did. LE did state they were being confronted at this time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member