Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unfortunate there is a shadow in this pic, but there are some clear similarities between the entrance to the boat ramp and the entrance to the exit road.

They both have white stripes for a pedestrian crossing, so they look similar. They both have the path to the left. I don't see a stop sign in this picture, maybe they added it later, but the stop sign just makes it look more like a road, imho.

If she were stopped for a while, perhaps doing something on her phone long enough to become disoriented, perhaps the windows got fogged up as BaileyC suggested, it was probably raining...

attachment.php

Attachments

• tmp1.jpg
    tmp1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 179
And it may not have been frozen, but the water was certainly cold.

Water in a river the size of the Missouri moves quickly and changes temperature slowly because of the sheer volume. I would imagine that most of the water flowing through Kansas City in January/February is snow melt from the north upstream. It was indeed a warmer than average winter in the upper Midwest, but the water would still be super cold. The coldest water would be at the bottom, and it seems like it would have been very cold 20 feet below the surface where Toni's car was found. It's probably always quite cold down there. It would be interesting to see a chart of water temperatures at different depths right where the car was found during the January and February.

She was in a fast moving river current with her car window rolled down. Not excellent conditions for preserving a body for weeks and or months.

We don't know at all if her body experienced much of the current. The water could have just flowed past the open window without disturbing much inside. We'll never know exactly how it was situated.

Another point: we all know there's a boat ramp in that park. But what if you didn't know there was a boat ramp? Wouldn't it then make sense to keep right while trying to leave?

That's a bit of an overstatement. Just want to know how they know she stopped playing in August 2016? Clearly we aren't debating whether she would chase pokemon, because she factually has.

It's no different than how they thought she was going to shady lady, because that's what they were told. Reality, much different.

Numerous times I have said that I think this is a huge longshot and it's pete's own question about why she'd be circling gas pumps at 4:30am or on a dead end... or in a dog park. All of those things make sense if she was playing pokemon go.

I'd assume that the reason he's asked, is because he can't come up with a good reason. So why not just exclude the best reason that anyone has mentioned to explain that behavior, with something factual?

If they factually excluded it via checking the account, it's a finished topic. right? If it's excluded via someone else saying it, it's just an assumption.

You said its a long shot and Pete Sr said she stopped playing in August, yet you still think her driving patterns are consistent with Pokemon Go activity. Therefore, I can only surmise that you do not trust Pete Sr. Please remember that he is closer to the facts than all of us.

JMO!

Another point: we all know there's a boat ramp in that park. But what if you didn't know there was a boat ramp? Wouldn't it then make sense to keep right while trying to leave?

That's a good question. It is easy for me to say, in retrospect, that I would simply use the parking lot to turn around, but who knows. Maybe she thought the boat ramp would was more convenient.

You said its a long shot and Pete Sr said she stopped playing in August, yet you still think her driving patterns are consistent with Pokemon Go activity. Therefore, I can only surmise that you do not trust Pete Sr. Please remember that he is closer to the facts than all of us.

JMO!

I trust Pete just fine. His statement does not eliminate the possiblity that she was playing Pokemon Go on January 15.

---

In other news, I'm getting a little angry thinking about that stop sign. It makes it look like a road with a pedestrian crossing. If only there were some way to make things more clear. Some kind of different sign, perhaps...

attachment.php

Attachments

• boat_ramp_sign.gif
    boat_ramp_sign.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 306
Let's admit. The KCpd allowed Pete Jr to be publicly speculated and crucified and desolated while they themselves were hiding facts and video for months.

So I don't blame Pete Sr for calling them out about their possible involvement. Jmo

JMO!

It's a longshot that she was still playing, but if she was, then obviously a lot of things start making sense.

Why am I saying it is a longshot that she was playing? because most people that played, are no longer playing, even myself. But... there are still people playing. It's still the #5 top grossing app in the app store.

That's a completely different point from me saying that her behavior is consistent with playing pokemon go. It's not the only explanation, but it's one that fits rather well.

I have no reason to not trust Pete Sr. If he answered the question of how he knows, which is a really simple one, who would doubt him if he said "we checked her account and she last played in August 2016"?

But if he says "well, pete told me she hasn't played since August 2016", that's not factual. That's just an assumption. If that was the case, I wouldn't say pete jr is lying, I'd just say that it's the case *as far as he knows*. Similar to how *as far as he knows* she was heading to Shady Lady or some QT closer to their place. -- and we see how that can simply be an assumption, not factual.

Anyways, not going to repeat this over and over. Pete can answer or he can not answer, no one can force him or LE to do so. He asked a question about a behavior and he got an answer that was very consistent with that behavior and something Toni factually has done in the past - played pokemon go. Nothing he's said has told us how he knows that she wasn't. Simple as that.

JMO :) cheers.

Let's admit. The KCpd allowed Pete Jr to be publicly speculated and crucified and desolated while they themselves were hiding facts and video for months.

So I don't blame Pete Sr for calling them out about their possible involvement. Jmo

I'm not sure what you mean by Pete Jr was 'Allowed' to be publicly speculated. Pete Jr allowed himself to be speculated, crucified, and desolated. He did not have to conduct interviews with the media. It was his choice. There is very little reference to him on Toni's SM accounts so he could have easily stood on the sideline if he so pleased.

I trust Pete just fine. His statement does not eliminate the possiblity that she was playing Pokemon Go on January 15.

---

In other news, I'm getting a little angry thinking about that stop sign. It makes it look like a road with a pedestrian crossing. If only there were some way to make things more clear. Some kind of different sign, perhaps...

attachment.php

I'd say a higher priority is a gate that closes and is only open when someone is using a boat. It's a common thing :

attachment.php

I've seen gates as simple as that on boat ramps, and it isn't gonna let anyone roll/slide down it, even if they don't see a sign.

I'm not sure what you mean by Pete Jr was 'Allowed' to be publicly speculated. Pete Jr allowed himself to be speculated, crucified, and desolated. He did not have to conduct interviews with the media. It was his choice. There is very little reference to him on Toni's SM accounts so he could have easily stood on the sideline if he so pleased.

If Toni never texted about being pulled over.

Than no one would know that time she was pulled over which was pretty close to her phone dying and her death. Jmo.

So yes. LE played dumb for a while until that text became public.

Plus they know that the Bf is always the first suspect in the public eyes.

Jmo.

They would have let Jr hang before mentioning that stop that wasn't documented until her text of being pulled over became public. Jmo.

I'd say a higher priority is a gate that closes and is only open when someone is using a boat. It's a common thing :

attachment.php

I've seen gates as simple as that on boat ramps, and it isn't gonna let anyone roll/slide down it, even if they don't see a sign.

Yeah, a gate would help.

The thing is, who is going to stop at a stop sign for pedestrians in the middle of nowhere at 6 AM with nobody around? If they were thinking that people would stop at the stop sign and see it was a boat ramp, then they thought wrong. That sign is completely useless in the middle of the night, and, worse yet, can create a false sense that it is a road. Were they out of boat ramp signs?

They probably just used what they had available. That's the way it goes.

We'd hope that rather it would be based on actually verifying that via her email and password. If police or your son are able to log into her pokemon go acct, they can verify that this was the case with no need for assumption. If you do that, you can factually see the last pokemon she caught and where.

I'm not familiar with the game, and it seems really unlikely that she was playing that night, but one question: The system only records the date/time/location of pokemons someone actually catches and not the ones they ATTEMPT and fail to catch, right? If that is the case, in theory, she could have been playing without there being a record of it if she was unsuccessful.

I'm not familiar with the game, and it seems really unlikely that she was playing that night, but one question: The system only records the date/time/location of pokemons some actually catches and not the ones they ATTEMPT and fail to catch, right? If that is the case, in theory, she could have been playing without there being a record of it if she was unsuccessful.

It would be pretty hard to be that unsuccessful. Not really possible.

In any case, aIll they have to do is ask Niantic when Toni last played, really. It's in the ToS that they will give information to LE at their discretion.

Might take a fair bit of time, though. I'm not sure how LE will handle this.

I'm not familiar with the game, and it seems really unlikely that she was playing that night, but one question: The system only records the date/time/location of pokemons someone actually catches and not the ones they ATTEMPT and fail to catch, right? If that is the case, in theory, she could have been playing without there being a record of it if she was unsuccessful.

No, that's not true. Technically, if they contacted niantic they could even get last login information and even pokestop interaction data. It'd be no different than contacting Apple for getting iCloud data.

But, in general I'd find it really surprising if she didn't catch any pokemon, if she was playing that night. You are catching them constantly. If you go back and look at that image from the ingress game that someone snapped, you'll see that the QT was basically a nest and therefore there'd be tons of pokemon there. If she was indeed playing the game, I'd be very surprised if she didn't catch numerous pokemon there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998