Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they could easily blend in nearly anywhere as 'father-daughter' - I went in many road trips with my dad.

Ok on the teen marriage thing

He is already married. No state in the US would recognize any second "marriage".That would be biigamy and illegal and not recognized anywhere. Case closed.

Don't you watch dateline? There's been stories where men have married women from different states. Yes it's completely illegal but fraudulent people find ways to do anything.

How do we know for sure that TC and wife might have been having marital problems and might have been divorcing.

I have feeling their are more players here the wife and him the took et to church. Maybe she knows more than she's telling.

True about the driving, but I think they'll move around because it doesn't matter if they are spotted as long as they are 1) not spotted by LE, or 2) are gone by the time LE arrives to follow up on a sighting.

She has medical conditions that may at least require attention and human contact (hospital, urgent care?)
As far as the daily things he may be going to 24/7 places at night (Walmart") where bleery eyed people are to sleepy to notice.. He can get gas at 3:00 AM
The medical condition is the key IMO

Don't you watch dateline? There's been stories where men have married women from different states. Yes it's completely illegal but fraudulent people find ways to do anything.

Sure I do, but the only legal one is the first one, the others don;t exist in the eyes of the law.
Ceremonies don't matter.
(I won;t comment that the particpants think its a marriage anyway). The state decides the contract of marriage, reciprocal agreements in the US. He is married to the wife in TN.
Until GOD or divorce changes that there is no other marriage in the law.

Ok on the teen marriage thing

He is already married. No state in the US would recognize any second "marriage".That would be biigamy and illegal and not recognized anywhere. Case closed.
I know of someone that is still legally married in Ms. (they were separated, not legally) that was able to legally get married to someone else in Fl. I think it's a "don't ask, don't tell " thing.

Sure I do, but the only legal one is the first one, the others don;t exist in the eyes of the law.
Ceremonies don't matter.
(I won;t comment that the particpants think its a marriage anyway). The state decides the contract of marriage, reciprocal agreements in the US. He is married to the wife in TN.
Until GOD or divorce changes that there is no other marriage in the law.

I know that I'm not talking legal marriage. I've been married twice I know the scoop.

I have a feeling there was problems in his marriage that they kept private. Secretly they could have been thinking about divorce.

Why did he search teen marriage on his computer then day before they go missing her IG status changed to wife. Lots more to this story.

Why did he search teen marriage on his computer then day before they go missing her IG status changed to wife. Lots more to this story.
Some of his thinking is fantasy: i.e.., was in CIA, claimed to have an unknown skill set, his own conception of his singing abilities.

I know that I'm not talking legal marriage. I've been married twice I know the scoop.

I have a feeling there was problems in his marriage that they kept private. Secretly they could have been thinking about divorce.

Hindsight being 20/20, it's clear that there was a 'problem' in the Cummins' marriage. That problem is Tad Cummins. Whether or not Mrs. C realized something was amiss, we don't know. Nor is it relevant IMO to TC's crime (unless JC knew in advance of his plans - which I personally doubt).

*IF* TC and ET "eloped," it's ceremonial only. Not legal since his marriage to JC has not been dissolved.

I hate to delve into the insurance/pregnancy speculation because there's no evidence pointing to that, IMO, but I just want to point out: TC was fired so he would have lost his insurance benefits. Offspring, legitimate or illegitimate, could be covered under a parent's insurance, but that's a moot point assuming TC lost his insurance. ET would not be eligible to be added to TC's medical benefits because she is not his wife. (There are companies that extend benefits to live in, non-married partners but it's doubtful they'd cover both a wife and a girlfriend, IMO. Most will cover an ex-spouse if ordered by a judge.)

Isn't MT's status "endangered"? Does TC have violent tendencies? Otherwise wouldn't she be listed as a runaway with medical problems? Unless the endangered means she is endangered because of those medical issues? Whatever it means i hope she is okay somewhere and found soon.

I agree. I also hate to bring this up because it involves another forum but I'm not discussing anything FROM that forum, just the actual forum in general, because it relates to this idea of staying "one step ahead" via social media. I think I'll be okay with TOS since I'm notdicsussing comments or anything like that, more generalizations, but If I'm messing up by mentioning it at all, delete me, mods. Sorry in advance.

So... when things started circling the drain last night here on WS, I did some Twitter searching (just for news stories -- not sleuthing anyone) and quickly got sick of that. Still couldn't sleep so I jumped over to a site that starts with "R", where I've been a member for 7+ years. Did a search for "Elizabeth Thomas" and did another one for "Tad Cummins," again, just to make sure there were no legit news articles I hadn't seen yet -- not for commentary. ANYWAY, I noticed that there are private subs set up under both names, /ElizabethThomas and /TadCummins. I requested to be added to both of them, never got a reply. It's just very bizarre in a missing person's case that the subs would be set to private like that -- since it doesn't allow for any public discussion, unless you're manually approved to join by the moderators.

Kinda thought that was weird. Never seen it before for a case like this. Hope the family looks into this because it's very unusual as I said, and it's not like "TadCummins" is a common name or anything. That forum is notorious for their "free speech" BS and are similar to Apple when authorities request access to or removal of... borderline criminal content. I'm only bringing this up because my first thought was that doing something like that would be a pretty easy way for "friends" to communicate with ET or TC on the downlow without using text messaging, emails, phone numbers, or anything else that couldn't mask their IDs with a little browser tweak.

If anyone is communicating with either one of the two without notifying LE wouldn't they be complicit in a crime?

JMO If he searched teen marriage online as it has been reported, he would have found that certain states allow minors her age to marry if they show proof of pregnancy. I was thinking this could lead him to Hilton Head or the coastal areas of South Carolina. I thought Hilton Head since you can go through Decatur to get there from Columbia. Again, just my opinion here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting but I still don't think he'd be able to get a license anywhere in the US since he's currently married. It seems like if that was his game plan, he would've initiated divorce proceedings a month or so ago to get the ball rolling.

If anyone is communicating with either one of the two without notifying LE wouldn't they be complicit in a crime?

It depends. Not that straight forward. Posting links on an anonymous website is probably not enough to get you in trouble because even if you have reason to know who is behind a screen name, pretty hard for them to prove it.

That's interesting but I still don't think he'd be able to get a license anywhere in the US since he's currently married. It seems like if that was his game plan, he would've initiated divorce proceedings a month or so ago to get the ball rolling.

This reminds me of the Zahra Baker case where her stepmother Eliza Baker had committed bigamy and was married to someone else when she married Adam Baker. EB was from NC, so who knows how she managed that? She is as far as i know still incarcerated for Zahra's murder, and can't remember if she was ever charged with bigamy, but there are obviously ways around that.

It depends. Not that straight forward. Posting links on an anonymous website is probably not enough to get you in trouble because even if you have reason to know who is behind a screen name, pretty hard for them to prove it.

Yeah i don't know, but don't LE or FBI have ways to get that info? Of course they would have to know about it first.

Well, you can have multiple marriage ceremonies, I suppose. I just don't think that if he was looking at how to marry a teenager, he would be able to get around his existing marriage in the US. There's all sorts of additional forms and stuff to go along with it and unless everything checks out and is done by the book, the marriage is completely void. Like, it wouldn't even give her an outfrom testifying against him down the line or whatever.

Isn't MT's status "endangered"? Does TC have violent tendencies? Otherwise wouldn't she be listed as a runaway with medical problems? Unless the endangered means she is endangered because of those medical issues? Whatever it means i hope she is okay somewhere and found soon.

I don't believe TC has any documented history of violence. He doesn't seem to have any history of any type of issues. I doubt ET is in any serious danger, but there is no way to be 100% sure. If he is willing to go this far, who is to say how much farther he would go. I also doubt her medical problems are life threatening.

I don't believe TC has any documented history of violence. He doesn't seem to have any history of any type of issues. I doubt ET is in any serious danger, but there is no way to be 100% sure. If he is willing to go this far, who is to say how much farther he would go. I also doubt her medical problems are life threatening.

Okay, thanks for clarifying about him. And agree with the rest of your post.

Yeah i don't know, but don't LE or FBI have ways to get that info?

Yes, but I'm talking about the other users who would be "complicit." If, for example, CulleokaStudent1 posts an article about where LE is searching in a private forum and user "ThisIsntTad" has been approved for that forum and is able to communicate with the other members, it'd be nearly impossible for a prosecutor to prove CulleokaStudent1 knew ThisIsntTad was really Tad, even if she in fact did because Tad told her his username in person before he took off, which would take accessory off the table. And there's generally no duty to report a crime, especially if it's all communicated through anonymous screen names that don't require any verification.

I mean, in theory, yes, they'd probably be complicit if they're communicating through a private forum but in reality, it would just be so hard to prove and charge them for anything. That doesn't mean LE doesn't have mechanisms to check it out and I really think it might be a good idea just because of how unusual the setup I saw last night seems. I was expecting a few news articles! Not a designated private page under the creep's name. Ugh. Makes me feel uneasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe