AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Tucson and when this was all first happening the family was not cooperative with the media which raised a bunch of red flags for me. If my child went missing I would of talked to anyone who would listen. The fathers behavior on the 911 call also raised red flags for me. I'm still leaning towards a family member at this point.

Probably not connected to this case, but here''s an incident that happened about two hours away.

A supposedly drunken man was able to go into a residence, raid the refrigerator and use the bathroom before the parents woke up and found the man holding their child. Imagine what could have happened if the parents had awoken and found their child missing. And, to top it off, this man admits his father is a sex offender (like father like son?).

Note - article continues below ad. Why do they do this?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ing-toddler-home-invasion-20161218-story.html

Watch the video on this article.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...n-home-holding-their-baby-with-his-pants-down

Regarding this link http://m.tucsonnewsnow.com/tusconnewsnow/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:ngxDse0O, it makes me wonder why she held on to it and, apparently, didn't mention it to the police when they came in. Also wonder why TPD wasn't asking nearby businesses for video before this. Sounds like SC may have been doing better detective work than TPD, if he was asking about surveillance video, but they weren't. Maybe the family had a good reason to raise money for a PI instead of relying on TPD. If they immediately got tunnel vision, and decided to just follow him around instead of looking at all possibilities, imagine what they might have missed. They might have even found evidence to support a case against the parents if they had done what he was doing. Now, as we approach the 5th anniversary of that horrible day, we still just have a missing child and no justice.

As a Tucsonan and native Arizonan, I just find the whole discussion here wrong. There's a lot of rumor and vitriol, including really questionable rumors from Facebook comments, but little fact. As of last year's anniversary of the disappearance, local media stated that there were no suspects in this case. That hasn't changed in the past year. Yes, "no suspects" includes the parents.

I remember the case well, and never really felt the parents were involved. I did feel there was a local witchhunt, though. I just wonder why they would do something to one child, but not the others. I also don't think the others would be unaware if it happened. The type of house they lived in isn't sprawling or in any way soundproof. These houses aren't built particularly well. I live in a similar house in a similar neighborhood. Whatever led up to her death would have had to alerted others in the house, if it was an inside job, and I think the kids would have disclosed that to someone long before now.

I sure didn't think it was about cartels and other such silly things that people seem to think are so rampant here. I can assure you that a large percentage of the drugs coming through Tucson are headed to nice Midwestern and Northern states, because people you know or see everyday are using them. I can also assure you that most of us, even those of us who have family ties to Mexico, have never met a member of a drug cartel and our children aren't being snapped up by them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I've been thinking of Isabel lately. I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since she disappeared.

I've been thinking of Isabel lately. I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since she disappeared.
I agree. This case (although I hate to refer to it as such because it seems to minimize things and depersonalize) seemed so solvable at the time.

I almost just had a heart attack, seeing this pop up as a "new post." I, too, was thinking about Isabel today. I was hoping that a new posting meant some news.

Bless her innocent little heart. What did he/they do to you? :mad:

I just made an account to say that there is some sort of break in the case but looks like pieper4 beat me to it! Will be watching the thread and press conference to update.

marking spot

As a disclaimer, this is a rumor, but I'm seeing and hearing from multiple people that her remains were found by Red Rock. I sincerely hope this is not the case and not what is going to be reported.

I really am fearing the worst. I don't think this is going to be good news. I sincerely think they may have found a body. Again, I really hope I'm wrong.

I just made an account to say that there is some sort of break in the case but looks like pieper4 beat me to it! Will be watching the thread and press conference to update.

:welcome: Glad you joined us to discuss Isabel's case (& hopefully many others as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard