IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a little bit...I really do not see anything recognizable in that photo.
I tend to agree with you though. That picture will cause LE a great deal of aggravation on trial if it's the best that they've got.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't testify under oath--but if I were on the jury it would be extremely difficult for me to be convinced BG is RL. Extremely difficult as in next to impossible. MOO

JMO..IF RL was BG, given that LE has him in jail..I don't think anyone believing he isn't would matter much at the moment - other than there being a possibility that he isn't, which would mean people still need to keep an eye out because he could still be out there.

moo

I tend to agree with you though. That picture will cause LE a great deal of aggravation on trial if it's the best that they've got.

Not even sure they will use it, it just does not show any one part of him or his attire definitively.

Then you should find a brick wall to sit on :fence: and then when you have to jump off :fencefall: no splinters!

So, nothing "new" I take it?? RL is still in jail?

TIA! :wave:
Well, my figure has changed to a more "Humpty Dumpty" shape as I got older, so maybe a brick wall would suit me, lol.

Nothing. Nada, zilch, zero. This is what we've got. I'll bet thread 42 looks alot like thread 2, 22 and 32...

But we're all still hanging in there.
Now I'm off to go find a suitable brick wall...

I wouldn't testify under oath--but if I were on the jury it would be extremely difficult for me to be convinced BG is RL. Extremely difficult as in next to impossible. MOO

Yeah, any defense attorney would win that one I think, the photo comparison...moo.

One thing I have noticed on post that some put for the weather that day bUT no mention of wind speed and direction which are factors as well.The way a voice will travel or how wind effect in a valley .some were putting up power lines which I have made menation of the project going on but was it to windy to work that day. Most likely these people non lacall and maybe union ,so what would u do with a day off being out of state and cooped up with a bunch of others guys cooped up in a motel ,hmm might b time to explore the area and maybe he had already done that.

That's actually a really plausible Theory IMO!!! That would explain why seemingly no one local recognizes the person as a resident ..yet this person may have been sent to the Delphi area many times over the years or even just the last few months.. enough that he got familiar with the parks in the area on the days off. I know several guys that get sent all over the country doing all kinds of different work. they stay for weeks at a time or longer.

I really was just posing the question, nothing personal even to who I replied to. I think it's harder to tell men's ages in general too. I've seen people guess all over the map on my dad but with my mom if anything people always assume she's older than she even is! I think my own judgements are more on his movements. He's fitter than many his age (which isn't a statement at all on whether he could've done the crime or not. Just a general observation). I'm also of the camp that the BG photos are so distorted it's hard to tell anything at all. The fit of his jeans and cut actually reminds me of my father which may be biasing me to believe BG is older (but I don't necessarily think RL is BG either). My dad is also the opposite of RL in the sense that with age he's lost a lot of weight (and hence the weird fit of his jeans! Haha. That and my dad has narrow hips, no backside so pants slouch a lot even if they are the right fit. Seems like BG may have a similar shape going on.) But see I just said BG looks more like my dad than RL. So I don't have a clue. Really just bouncing ideas I guess. I think RL could pass for younger personally but seems I'm in a minority. I will say after looking at the stills someone posted and really getting a look at RL's shape, what a large middle he has, that has skewed my own age estimate for him higher so eh... but face and general fitness I would've guessed 60s.

Anyway, now I'm babbling away. Seems we don't have much else to do anyhow. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, there really doesn't seem to be a lot to go on at the moment and it's extremely frustrating..and I hope you didn't take my post as being snarky or anything towards your comments because it truly wasn't meant to be, but I know it's hard to tell online when we can't hear a person's tone. I was only pointing out how I saw her comment.

Wonder if RL would ever have been in the mix at all if not for the location of the bodies. He does not seem to have a background that would have flagged him to LE as someone to interview. In the end, it may come down to that being his only link to these crimes, who knows...

You're probably right, except for that Order of Protection a woman filed against him in 2013. According to Indiana Law, this can be granted for the following reasons:

You can get an Order of Protection if you are a victim of:

1. Domestic or family violence;
  2. A sexual offense; OR
  3. Stalking.

Not even sure they will use it, it just does not show any one part of him or his attire definitively.
No, but I'd dare say that if I was a defense attorney I might. To show just how generic the photo is, AND that LE stated bluntly that they believe that BG participated in the crime. Imo, they were trying to be so careful, but may still have botched up their wording just a teeny tiny bit. But this is just me, looking ahead, thinking of things that can go wrong during that phase. I'm so bored of what we have to sleuth that I'm making up my own problems, lol.

I'm hoping that someone familiar with the trail may be able to tell me if it's a common spot for morel foraging or ginseng harvesting.

Yes and most all know each other I have been here 40 years and can't think of one I could suspect ,guess that leaves me to think outside

if you have seen a few of my posts you will probably notice I bring up this case very often and I apologize for this but it's local to me and I know a lot about it more than most people even realize... JAMES DEAN WORLEY... he only lived down the road (in country terms) to Sierrah Joughin who he killed last summer.. he was a known local and he went around town after he killed her and left her in a shallow grave further down the road in the cornfields and asked people about it! conversed about, it asked about the missing girl excetera... this was before he was arrested and charged with her abduction ( they had him before they even had found her body) anyhow my point is he was a known local and he still went out and about and acting normal for himself. He was hiding in plain sight.

Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster so I apologize in advance for any errors in my posts, I'll try not to break any rules! The following is all MOO, I do not want anyone to assume anything I theorize is fact unless reported by law enforcement.

The first thing I thought when I saw this case was it's Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins all over again. I'm an Iowan daughter of a cop and I think a lot of people from Iowa and probably the midwest couldn't help but think of the cousins from Evansdale. Lots of eerie similarities in the way they were abducted and found and I initially thought they could be connected, perhaps a SK drifter in the midwest (Evansdale and Delphi are only about a 5-6 hour drive apart) but LE has since said they don't believe the cases to be related so I trust them on that as the have all the information. The COD in each case could be so different that LE can't officially rule out, but make an assumption that the same perpetrator likely didn't commit both crimes.
Unfortunately, as long as each case remains unsolved and an open investigation, LE won't release a COD as a way to tie a killer to the crime (only the killer and the cops know how the girls died and killers have been caught many times for accidentally letting LE know they know things only the killer would know).

I've seen a lot of posts with people who are sure BG must be a local due to having to navigate the land between the bridge and where the bodies were found. While I agree that it would be easier to commit this crime with experience on the land, I wouldn't discount the drifter/non-local possibility. I watched a video someone else posted (I apologize, I can't find it anymore) but they walked the whole abandoned railway system through Delphi ending at the bridge. This whole area looks very similar to all the wooded areas in Iowa. Even in Ames, a college town where I am from, there's parks and trails through wooded areas nearly identical to Delphi and I wouldn't doubt that anyone with experience in the woods in the midwest could probably navigate the area where the girls were abducted/found.

This is all JMO based on reading about SKs and profiling, but having the instincts of a cop's kid plus a whole lot of forensic files over the years, I tend to get weird gut feelings in these kinds of cases and my gut says this is a drifter who doesn't stay in one place long and has probably done this before. If this is the case, it would be a lot harder to find the perp and they'd more than likely have to wait for him to get arrested for something else and tied with the DNA they supposedly found (I saw several posts about DNA but haven't seen a confirmation from LE). IMO without LG's quick thinking recording BG, they would have close to nothing to go on in this investigation and I hope last efforts to tell the world who did this to her and her friend lead police to the right tip.

Nothing I have seen leads me to believe RL is BG. To explain my reasoning, lets pretend RL is BG for a moment. It would take a of smarts lot for a man in his seventies to capture and murder two teenage girls who could probably run much faster, though if a gun were involved they would probably comply with his demands and not risk him shooting them while running. The still of BG was released fairly quickly after they were discovered with LE just saying they want to talk to BG. Why, if RL killed them, they were found on his property, and after a photo of a possible POI is released, would RL do a TV interview dressed in similar clothes that make him appear to be BG?? That would be a really stupid thing for someone who just murdered two people to do. I'm guessing BG would have wanted to make sure he didn't look like the photo as he doesn't want to get caught. Just doesn't make sense to me that someone who had to be smart to commit this crime, would be so stupid after his crime scene is discovered.

I don't think this is the perpetrator's first time committing murder given how little physical evidence they seem to have to go on, but again all just me speculating and I know that LE likely knows a lot more than they are able to say but are withholding information to help link the killer to the crime. I have theory involving an Indiana sex offender with a past of similar crimes, but I won't risk breaking rules to talk about him when he has likely already been ruled out by LE.

Thank you all for listening to my thoughts, I think a lot of people have posted a lot of very possible theories, but unfortunately only LE have all the evidence to draw conclusions on what really happened. Just hope BG slips up and gets himself on their radar soon! Hoping for a resolution to bring closure to these families who have been through so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks old style flip phone. My mom is in her 70's and we just got her to make the switch and she's not real comfortable with change. Seniors are funny that way.

RL's phone might be an iphone 7 or another large phone as it looks large.
attachment.php

(O/T, re: Kill kits, see this: (TK's posts on Amazon, only sooome of original posts are listed at this msm article, but there's probably the full list and original links here on WS.)

Blacker Than My Soul’: Alarming Amazon Reviews Linked to Alleged*S.C.*Killer Todd Kohlhepp
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...azon-reviews-linked-alleged-sc-killer-n679231 )

(Eta note to self, add Jeffrey Willis' kill kit in van, battery is dying)

:welcome: eryn.a.huff

Good first post, hope you continue to share your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsedani