NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
She won't go out because she does not want to leave her hay stash. When Oliver comes into her stall he goes straight for her food and it looks like she is loving on him but I think she is really getting him away from her food. She likes to eat.

It would be interesting to know what she's thinking! Your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps she just feels more comfy and/or protected inside? She's just not thrilled about the door being open like Oliver is.

I am wondering if this is directly related to being pregnant or was she always a home body!!

I am wondering if this is directly related to being pregnant or was she always a home body!!

Still just guessing, but I think it's the pregnancy. I have seen her go outside (eons ago) and there are a lot of pics of her outside with visitors to the park.

You know what just struck me - intuitively they know their calves are easy pray- so maybe she is trying to see if anything is around ??

She is just stunning

235K now watching lets see if it soars

She WANTS to go............................

It seems like she is using her height (neck up really tall) to survey the scene for safety!

Dont close it what is wrong with just leaving it open for a bit if for nothing else than fresh air -- hold on lighting another cigg!

This is the first time I have seen anything other than her walking around in circles - is it big outside?? 245 K

Well well from the last 20 or so minutes i have learned I am not cut out for this ha!

Good thing I am gay ! Would be a horrid neurotic father in the waiting room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Jewish

I have *****ed about the accommodations, the attending physician, the food, the lighting,!!!

It also explains why I have no relationship with the nieces or nephews when they were babies .

Oh my god...........

Oh looked she blinked. Oh look she breathed. Oh look she farted. Oh look she moved her left pinkie. Oh look she turned her head . Oh look she touched the dog. Oh look she smiled. Oh look she sneezed. Oh look she made a guttural sound. Oh looked she moved her right foot. Oh look her nose is running. Oh my god was that a cough get the doctors # out and ready. Oh look she just vomited all her self how cute! Human noses would in unison go on a sniffing stampede, oh my god she has poop on her --call out SWAT time for a diaper change.

Upon removal of said diaper would be an analytical discussion of color shape density of material in the diaper. Then the committee would have to analyze when the butt was clean enough to install the new diaper. then there would be a fitting session and serious debate if the fit was correct. This could result in some serious consultations.

Then take the thing and put her in her chair. Everyone resume thier staring state and ....

Oh looked she blinked. Oh look she breathed. Oh look she farted. Oh look she moved her left pinkie. Oh look she turned her head . Oh look she touched the dog. Oh look she smiled. Oh look she sneezed. Oh look she made a guttural sound. Oh looked she moved her right foot. Oh look her nose is running. Oh my god was that a cough get the doctors # out and ready. Oh look she just vomited all her self how cute! Human noses would in unison go on a sniffing stampede, oh my god she has poop on her --call out SWAT time for a diaper change.

Upon removal of said diaper would be an analytical discussion of color shape density of material in the diaper. Then the committee would have to analyze when the butt was clean enough to install the new diaper. then there would be a fitting session and serious debate if the fit was correct. This could result in some serious consultations.

Cut and paste for the next three years

This is the first time I have seen anything other than her walking around in circles - is it big outside?? 245 K

I don't know how big it is outside the stalls. I see Oliver is once again out and about. Poor April, she just doesn't seem to have wanted to explore this time, either. I think I remember a while back, when they were able to open the door before the snow storm, she did the same thing and just gazed out the door with no interest to wander.

She won't go out because she does not want to leave her hay stash. When Oliver comes into her stall he goes straight for her food and it looks like she is loving on him but I think she is really getting him away from her food. She likes to eat.

I was thinking the same thing! They look all lovey but I agree, it is probably all about the food at this point.

Oliver is so cute. It seems like he keeps coming back inside to check on her. Wish we could see what he does outside, I'd love to see him frolic.

4/3 Morning Update
GENDER REVEAL
This morning keeper report is no interest in grain and only smelling lettuce treats. No discomfort evident, no distress - normal progression as expected in the process. Many of you may have witnessed what appeared as "pushing" contractions last night. The team and vet were in communication regarding these and were documented throughout the night. Let's see if April's plan is to break up your work week!
Photo of current mammary development in comments.
GENDER REVEAL
Thank you to the many that have signed on for text alerts for Labor & Baby Announcements. After much discussion, we have decided the initial Gender Reveal will be made via our text alert system as soon as gender is observed post birth. This will be hours in advance of the media press releases.
The text alert system is 100% functioning at this time, and tech support is available to ensure you are in fact subscribed. Go to www.Aprilthegiraffe.com for how to subscribe or receive tech support.
The subscriptions thus far have allowed us to add a significant amount more to the Giraffe Conservation Foundation fund we are compiling. Your support will make a change - and for that we thank you!
Giraffe Factoid:
What was once thought to be (1) species with up to (9) subspecies - scientific study and trend is moving towards (4) distinct species of Giraffes:
Masai Giraffe
Southern Giraffe - Subspecies: Southern African & Angolan
Northern Giraffe - Kordofan & Nubian & West African
Reticulated Giraffe
4/3 Morning Update
GENDER REVEAL
This morning keeper report is no interest in grain and only smelling lettuce treats. No discomfort evident, no distress - normal progression as expected in the process. Many of you may have witnessed what appeared as "pushing" contractions last night. The team and vet were in communication regarding these and were documented throughout the night. Let's see if April's plan is to break up your work week!
Photo of current mammary development in comments.
GENDER REVEAL
Thank you to the many that have signed on for text alerts for Labor & Baby Announcements. After much discussion, we have decided the initial Gender Reveal will be made via our text alert system as soon as gender is observed post birth. This will be hours in advance of the media press releases.
The text alert system is 100% functioning at this time, and tech support is available to ensure you are in fact subscribed. Go to www.Aprilthegiraffe.com for how to subscribe or receive tech support.
The subscriptions thus far have allowed us to add a significant amount more to the Giraffe Conservation Foundation fund we are compiling. Your support will make a change - and for that we thank you!
Giraffe Factoid:
What was once thought to be (1) species with up to (9) subspecies - scientific study and trend is moving towards (4) distinct species of Giraffes:
Masai Giraffe
Southern Giraffe - Subspecies: Southern African & Angolan
Northern Giraffe - Kordofan & Nubian & West African
Reticulated Giraffe
Pictured are April & Oliver - Reticulated Giraffes (though Oliver has some Northern appearance to him)
4:3 am update.jpg

ETA:
I have been quite forgiving of the way the park has been using this event to generate some cash and some attention to the global plight of giraffes...I have less good will now that the Park has decided to hold the gender of the baby secret and only reveal it to the text subscribers...geesh. I'm sure the news will get around anyway but they will not release the info to MSM for a few hours.

Oliver is so cute. It seems like he keeps coming back inside to check on her. Wish we could see what he does outside, I'd love to see him frolic.

OMG! Me too! He is just so cute I can't stand it!I just want to squeeze him so hard!

ETA:
I have been quite forgiving of the way the park has been using this event to generate some cash and some attention to the global plight of giraffes...I have less good will now that the Park has decided to hold the gender of the baby secret and only reveal it to the text subscribers...geesh. I'm sure the news will get around anyway but they will not release the info to MSM for a few hours.

It is out of control and unappealing imo

Next up ----during birth they will throw in 10 sec Toys or Us blurbs

ETA:
Idk, I think it's to be expected these days. I can stand to wait for the news on twitter or tapatalk gossip. Not gonna pay for exclusive whatever.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

She doesn't want to go out in the play yard because the other giraffe's call her "fatty". Right now she's feeling a little self conscious about all the weight gain.

I know this because I took " giraffe psychology 101" in high school.

Well well from the last 20 or so minutes i have learned I am not cut out for this ha!

Good thing I am gay ! Would be a horrid neurotic father in the waiting room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Jewish

I have *****ed about the accommodations, the attending physician, the food, the lighting,!!!

It also explains why I have no relationship with the nieces or nephews when they were babies .

Oh my god...........

Then take the thing and put her in her chair. Everyone resume thier staring state and ....

Cut and paste for the next three years
I laughed so hard my coworker came to check on me. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads