NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't want to go out in the play yard because the other giraffe's call her "fatty". Right now she's feeling a little self conscious about all the weight gain.

I know this because I took " giraffe psychology 101" in high school.
Stop it y'all! [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Who knows, maybe they come with the brillant idea of just feeding her into fathood, say she is pregnant , start a livestream, open a gift shop, hire someone that looks (kinda) like a vet, give Toy R Us endless exposure, and when the bank account is full enogh flee the country.

It is funny when he goes for a stroll she goes for a binge on HIS food!

Perhaps April the giraffe will deliver her calf on Mother's Day :D

Oh do you celebrate Mother's day on a different day in America, then?

Here in the UK, we celebrate it on the fourth Sunday of lent, which is the same day as the Christian celebration of Mothering Sunday, which fell on the 26th March this year.

Here in the UK, we celebrate it on the fourth Sunday of lent, which is the same day as the Christian celebration of Mothering Sunday, which fell on the 26th March this year.

In the US, Mother's Day will be on May 14th this year.

she is having a labor pain. Oliver looks worried

In the US, Mother's Day will be on May 14th this year.

Perhaps April will give birth to May then?

For those of us that just click and check during our rl, (and with tapatalk check in, we can only see the first few words of a post) when she is in Labor, I hope the the TOP thread when I check in will be everyone saying in the first few words "she's having baby!" lol Hehehehehe, perhaps infiltrate other threads to say "April's kiddo is sticking his/her feet outta her birth canal, come looky looky here at this other WS thread instead of :scared: on these two most popular threads :gaah: that are :rollercoaster:

I keep clicking on tapatalk, and can only see the first few words of a post when I'm out and about iykwim.

Click

Click

Click

:seeya:

And readying the emoticons!

:bdaysurprise:

:bdayscroll:

:fireworks:

ETA: Hmmm, the birthday WS emoticons aren't working?

Mother's Day in the U.S. is celebrated on the second Sunday in May. This year, it's May 14.

I hope April's had her calf by then. She looks uncomfortable.

(O/T I just wanted to say real quick that I'm home from the hospital and safe and sound. Thanks again for your prayers! And thanks April for waiting! lol)

Thanks for your update JanetE. Glad to hear all is well.

(O/T I just wanted to say real quick that I'm home from the hospital and safe and sound. Thanks again for your prayers! And thanks April for waiting! lol)

I am glad you are home and hope everything went well!!

This has probably already been asked and answered (sorry, I haven't read the whole thread) - does anyone know why April likes to "play with her food" - throwing it onto her neck and back? I haven't seen Oliver do that at all. I don't watch as often as some, but I do check in a few times a day to see if she's gone into labor or has had the baby yet... from the little I have watched, she seems much more "antsy" right now.

This has probably already been asked and answered (sorry, I haven't read the whole thread) - does anyone know why April likes to "play with her food" - throwing it onto her neck and back? I haven't seen Oliver do that at all. I don't watch as often as some, but I do check in a few times a day to see if she's gone into labor or has had the baby yet... from the little I have watched, she seems much more "antsy" right now.

Not sure why she does that. Agree she has been antsy today. I also noted when she appears to be having a contraction and tail raises she is now spreading her hind legs a bit.

Not sure why she does that. Agree she has been antsy today. I also noted when she appears to be having a contraction and tail raises she is now spreading her hind legs a bit.

BBM: I agree! Her hips must be so sore, she's really been "waddling" on her back legs much more today, in my opinion (but like I said, I haven't watched as long as some!)

Unfortunately, I have to get offline for a bit - I hope I don't miss the delivery!

Who knows, maybe they come with the brillant idea of just feeding her into fathood, say she is pregnant , start a livestream, open a gift shop, hire someone that looks (kinda) like a vet, give Toy R Us endless exposure, and when the bank account is full enogh flee the country.
Wait. Who will be taking the money and fleeing the country? April and Oliver?

They've said this is just normal April behavior. I don't think they said why, just that it's something April does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44