TX - La Vernia HS athletes in serial gang rape scandal

proudfootz

Reaction score
Not sure if there is already a thread on this story:

SAN ANTONIO - Investigators confirmed on Friday that seven male students were arrested in connection with hazing allegations at La Vernia High School.

La Vernia police also said there are ten alleged victims and they expect many more to come forward. Investigators say there are more arrests to come, but at this time they want to focus on the victims.

Here is how she described the sexual assault on her son:
Kids were holding them down in the locker rooms, there was a lookout at the door watching for coaches not to come. They hold them down and stick various items up their rectum... including coke bottles, deodorant bottles, steel pipes, baseball bats and broom sticks.​
This mother said she had no idea the hurt her son was going through, but she knew something was wrong when he continued to say he no longer wanted to attend football practice.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...scandal-more-victims-expected-to-come-forward

++++++++++++

I suppose calling this 'hazing' makes these serial gang rapists sound a little more 'normal'.

MOO

I have never understood what goes through these boys minds, who do these types of things. To call that hazing is kind of sick. And it goes on all over the world throughout time... How can that be explained?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

In a way, I think part of the answer is 'groupthink' - people who want to belong sometimes go along with the group, because they know if they don't they will be rejected (or worse, become victims themselves!).

MOO

In a way, I think part of the answer is 'groupthink' - people who want to belong sometimes go along with the group, because they know if they don't they will be rejected (or worse, become victims themselves!).

MOO
I totally agree, I just dont get why the "group" would choose such a dusgusting act. What gets young boys to go along with something so sick?

I totally agree, I just dont get why the "group" would choose such a dusgusting act. What gets young boys to go along with something so sick?

Many groups are authoritarian, which makes a great opportunity for a bully to become the 'leader' by dint of being most willing to impose his will on others.

Naturally, bullies are always on the lookout for ways to intimidate and humiliate others. Participating in a vicious and criminal act can be a bonding experience for members of the group: a demonstration of 'power over others', a secret they must share for fear of being punished, and a badge of 'courage' in defying moral norms.

All MOO

Many groups are authoritarian, which makes a great opportunity for a bully to become the 'leader' by dint of being most willing to impose his will on others.

Naturally, bullies are always on the lookout for ways to intimidate and humiliate others. Participating in a vicious and criminal act can be a bonding experience for members of the group: a demonstration of 'power over others', a secret they must share for fear of being punished, and a badge of 'courage' in defying moral norms.

All MOO
Well said, that all makes sense. I get lost when the bonding acts involves sticking things up a kids *advertiser censored*. That is just....I have no words. There are so many other things that can bond these guys and create that leader/power mentality that are still wrong but I dont understand why so many groups, usually hs and football, always gravitate towards things in butts. Its just strange.

About 10 yrs ago, a similar series of incidents happened at the local high school my son attended. Nice upper class suburb. He quit the team because of the bullying and hated attending that HS. After an article in the local news, the whole thing was swept under the rug, no one was punished, though the school did an "investigation". Very sad.

Fortunately, my son stood up to them, but one of the bullies lived up the street from us. A few weeks later, the police showed up at our house and asked if our son knew anything about some vandalism to the bully's car. He said he didn't know who did it. A few years later, he admitted he and his buddy had spray painted something on the bully's car one night. That was the only punishment the bully experienced, so I was ok with it. Told him to never do it again, though.

For every case your read about, there are probably many others that never get reported or are hushed up by the school.

Thanks for sharing that story. I'm sorry your son had to put up with bullying.

Well said, that all makes sense. I get lost when the bonding acts involves sticking things up a kids *advertiser censored*. That is just....I have no words. There are so many other things that can bond these guys and create that leader/power mentality that are still wrong but I dont understand why so many groups, usually hs and football, always gravitate towards things in butts. Its just strange.

Thinking of the protests in France because of the cops in France who raped a youth worker who confronted them over their brutality toward another citizen. I suppose there are lots of folks who think of rape as the ultimate weapon to use to exert their 'power'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back