IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea why we only have such a crummy picture? Almost all phones sold in the last 5 years would do much better than that. Was it super zoomed in? I find this pretty odd and awful considering she was smart enough to record everything

Many threads ago I posted a screenshot from a video I took with my iPhone 6s. I'll reattach. The first photo is just a screenshot from the video, the second is a zoomed in version of that same screenshot. Even though new phones have pretty good quality cameras, they still have crappy zoom capabilities.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 17778855_10208962709927123_425986733_o.jpg
    17778855_10208962709927123_425986733_o.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 632
  • 17813783_10208962709767119_567971082_n.jpg
    17813783_10208962709767119_567971082_n.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 618
OK well I'm ready to go "back to the drawing board". I have read in numerous posts that this bridge area was a hang-out spot for local teens. We have several in our town...the river, the falls etc.. This is not to say that the girls were doing anything questionable but maybe BG had partied there as a teen. Perhaps BG lives in a 200 mile radius and comes home occasionally to visit parents. Let's say he's approximately 40 and his folks are 70. Most mothers would have trouble believing their son is capable of such a crime. Were there any reunions or old friend's parties over the weekend before the murders.

A guy like this could walk to the spot and back out to his folks home. He would know where to watch for girls. Just thinking..., the areas I'm most familiar with, are places I have lived. I still know the teen hang outs in the city I grew up in.

I'd like to follow up on this thought a bit more:

Could you please tell me if this area has ever been used by youth groups as a week 'outdoor' camp, or a day recreation area?
During what years has it been a teen hangout?

Logan could serve two years to four and a half years in jail or prison when he is sentenced April 10.

Carroll County Superior Court Judge Kurtis Fouts reminded Logan that he had received a two-year suspended sentence for his Oct. 8, 2014, operating while intoxicated charge and he could be sentenced to that time in addition to the new charge, a Level 6 felony that could bring him a sentence of six months to two and a half years.

Fouts said the two sentences would have to be served consecutively.

Logan was surrounded by law enforcement officers during his walk from a sheriff’s car to the elevator in the Carroll County Courthouse. Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullin held the elevator while Logan came in with two deputies and Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby, and a deputy watched over the railing from the second floor.

Outside the courtroom, Mullin, two deputies and Carroll County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Mike Thomas guarded the inmate entrance to the courtroom. Inside the courtroom, the two deputies with Leazenby, as well as the sheriff himself, stayed with Logan throughout the hearing that lasted about a half-hour.

Several reporters from newspapers and television stations were on hand for the hearing. Leazenby said in a later interview that it was a fine line to decide how much security to have.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_f3efd096-18d6-11e7-88b9-f339d079eadc.html

I use Doxpop to access public records and it, too, shows bond was set for RL.

Maybe his attorney was hesitant to take any more chances of anything else happening and suggested to RL that he stay in jail until his sentencing.

I use Doxpop to access public records and it, too, shows bond was set for RL.

Maybe his attorney was hesitant to take any more chances of anything else happening and suggested to RL that he stay in jail until his sentencing.

From the little I know about the law this is a smart move if you think your going to be sentenced to time in prison, it counts as time served anyway.

So confusing. First, the man is not is prison, he is in jail (or not).

The state court site still shows bond of 5000 dollars.

First they say "prison"...then they say he'll be sentenced "later this month"...Yeah, in 6 days from now. :facepalm:

That's media for ya.

I'd like to follow up on this thought a bit more:

Could you please tell me if this area has ever been used by youth groups as a week 'outdoor' camp, or a day recreation area?
During what years has it been a teen hangout?
I was following some threads of local teens and I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post.
It has been a local hangout spot for a long time and teens still frequent the spot.

This is a small town and I live in a small town like this Many suspended drivers drive and the LE know it and I would imagine this is the same thing in this town! Not everyone lives in an area where there is buses, taxis, ubers etc! We don't have ANYTHING here where I live and it is 23 miles one way to get a loaf of bread! The disadvantage of country living as you get older and it is scary I do not think RL is the BG but LE got caught up in all of this and they had to do something I hope his family will be there for him once he gets out I feel so sorry for his little dog and his animals Prayers for all effected by this tragedy

Feel like we have come to a crashing stop as what to discuss. Everything has gone around and around at least ten times. I know the LE has no need to have a presser if they are silently working on the tips/evidence they have. I just hope they have a clear idea because their silence in a media led world is worrying (to me at least)

As my gran used to say years ago.. this weeks news is next weeks chip wrappers.. I just dont want these girls to be forgotten outside of WS.

Thinking out loud and all MOO.

I love your gran's saying. I am going to use that now.;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for info:

Indiana Felony Sentences Effective July 1, 2014

Indiana passed a new crime bill that changes felony sentences for crimes committed after June 30, 2014. If you are charged with a felony offense, it is important to retain an attorney who understands the changes to Indiana’s sentencing laws. The new provisions for felony sentencing affect executed time, whether a conviction is eligible for misdemeanor treatment, and expungement. Charges based on an offense date prior to July 1, 2014 will not be affected by the new sentencing law.

Indiana Felony Sentences for Crimes Committed After June 30, 2014
Level 1 Felony: Range: 20 to 40 years with an advisory sentence of 30 years
Level 2 Felony: Range: 10 to 30 years with an advisory sentence of 17 1/2 years
Level 3 Felony: Range: 3 to 16 years with an advisory sentence of 9 years
Level 4 Felony: Range: 2 to 12 years with an advisory sentence of 6 years
Level 5 Felony:
Range: 1 to 6 years with an advisory sentence of 3 years
Level 6 Felony:
Range: 6 months to 2 1/2 years with an advisory sentence of 1 year

Level 6 Felony Convictions are Eligible for Misdemeanor Treatment

A Level 6 felony in Indiana can be reduced to a Class A misdemeanor in three ways: 1) at a sentencing hearing by a judge; 2) pursuant to a Plea Agreement; or 3) three years after a person completes his or her sentence by filing a petition with the court. Eligible offenses include theft, operating while intoxicated, drug possession, and maintaining a common nuisance. An experienced criminal attorney can review your case and determine the best strategy for keeping a felony off your record.

http://www.bbgibson.com/practice-areas/criminal-defense/sentences-for-felonies-2014

First they say "prison"...then they say he'll be sentenced "later this month"...Yeah, in 6 days from now. :facepalm:

That's media for ya.

MSM also reported that RL had been in jail for the past month, when it was 3 weeks.. okay, so they only exaggerated by 25% on that one.

This what I am hoping.. that he saw something.. a vehicle, person, anything odd

Would anyone on here know how deep the cemetary is from RL's road? Is it an old old cemetary that no one would visit and pay their respects? Would RL have noticed a vehicle parked there as he left? Seems like a likely place that BG could have parked.

So RL was granted a $5,000 bond, yet still sits in jail? Is this correct?

I was following some threads of local teens and I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post.
It has been a local hangout spot for a long time and teens still frequent the spot.

Thank you! There have been people posting here from the area, so if it has been a teen hangout for a long time, those people should be able to tell us more about it.

I'm very curious because of the fact that, as I posted last night, both the abduction and body locations for the Iowa cousins were teen hangouts and youth day camp recreation areas. The areas were no longer used in that way at the time of abduction. If this is true of the Monon Park area as well, I find that very interesting. However, I would like to hear from someone who knows this to be true, as I've been guilty of running down a rabbit hole based on reading someone's imagining and don't want to do that again.

So RL was granted a $5,000 bond, yet still sits in jail? Is this correct?

Yes, I believe that is true as of the last update we heard. (Although some media has reported there was no bond, court docs seemed to reflect there was.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This what I am hoping.. that he saw something.. a vehicle, person, anything odd

Would anyone on here know how deep the cemetary is from RL's road? Is it an old old cemetary that no one would visit and pay their respects? Would RL have noticed a vehicle parked there as he left? Seems like a likely place that BG could have parked.

I can answer one question. It is active (burials as recently as 2016 and probably this year). The name is Morning Heights. Here in a FindAGrave link for it.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=1983408&CScn=Morning+Heights&

If we're going back to the drawing board.. how about this for consideration? Impossible?

What if LG's phone video recording was in the distance, and just happened to catch that person we refer to as BG.. but BG doesn't end up being relevant.. then it's wide open.. could it have been a teen boy or two instead? What if instead of imagining that the perp lied about *his* age to the girls, the girls had instead lied about *their* ages, ie told the perp they were a few years older than they actually were. The guys get there to meet the girls.. find they're younger.. 'jailbait'.. and they're 'bad guys', and they kill the girls.. what if there are 2 of them? Perhaps 17-19 or so? A little older? Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie