IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! And there are hundreds of cases where they warn the public. Zodiac Killer, Hillside Stranglers, Ted Bundy (before he was caught and after he escaped), Green River Killer, and that's just naming the most popular.

Sorry I quoted the wrong post, I was merely jumping off what you were saying and agreeing [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is it possible that LE didn't search the area they were found until they were found? Meaning, is it possible the girls could have been killed immediately, left where they were killed and LE just didn't find them until the next day?

In the true crime reading I've done, a lot of these crimes happen usually pretty quickly. I think I sort of got the impression that he may have taken them somewhere and came back. But that probably didn't happen.

So is it possible that LE didn't search the area they were found until they were found? Meaning, is it possible the girls could have been killed immediately, left where they were killed and LE just didn't find them until the next day?

In the true crime reading I've done, a lot of these crimes happen usually pretty quickly. I think I sort of got the impression that he may have taken them somewhere and came back. But that probably didn't happen.

I agree that it was quick and they were not likely moved. IMO

This may have been discussed, but I was wondering if the "down the hill" recording has a time stamp and if so, how much time elapsed between the time stamp on BG picture and the recording. It is puzzling why the girls were not found on February 13. There has been much discussion on how they were placed in the location where they were found. I'm speculating they walked to the location on the command "down the hill" and murdered where they were found. Also, speculating they were held somewhere very close to the location where they were found. So many questions? MOO

Sorry to respond to my own post, but just wanted to point out the 'at this time' phrase, which was also used in RL's case. I think it is meaningless really, and simply covers LE in case something new comes up at which time there may be an arrest, or more suspicion, or whatever. jmo

Do you know if the address for the search in Peru was ever published?

Noone knows how long the girls were there on the trails so why do you think they weren't there long? Also an adult female (CME) witnessed the man in black and another couple, which I commented on in a prior thread.

I thought we knew for a fact the girls were dropped off around noon? The Snapchat shots are at 2 and I forget now what time they were supposed to be picked up but we also have a time for when they were reported missing which was after the family had done some searching for a few hours first. I mean that's one of the things that has been discussed, the BG/the killer really didn't have a lot of time to commit a crime.

If we do know they were dropped off around noon and assume from the Snapchat photos they were alone by 2ish, then they only would've been with those other girls for an hour or two at max. For teen girls with a day off of school that doesn't seem like a lot of time. Unless it wasn't directly planned for them to meet up (I mean Abby and Libby didnt know maybe that the other group of girls was there, so they happened to run into them when they were dropped off but those girls had already been there awhile and left after awhile?). That's getting into obvious speculation and opinion but there's a MSM link to a time line and folks on this site have done them too. You'll have to forgive me because I'm on my phone so not possible to jump between my reply to the media thread easily but I'm sure someone else can link. If I'm Mr mistaken the timeline is even linked in the posts at the start of each new thread. So that's where I'm basing that. Suppose the idea of "not there long" is entirely subjective too. Just seems like those few hours are a relatively short time to both be hanging with a group of girls and then for them to go off alone together as well. But just my opinion.

I had not heard that an adult had specifically seen a man in black. I remember the report from the woman who had been on the bridge around that time seeing a couple or something but didn't remember the specifics. Probably didn't stick out at the time or without having seen this other report with the girls mentioning seeing this strange man as well. Interesting.

My gut feeling is that they most likely were infact killed pretty quickly, and that they weren't found right away bc they simply weren't searching in the right spot. It's my belief that they more than likely focused much of the early attention on the trail area and back towards town. JMO

Seems so. My guess is that he planned to get them to a vehicle and do whatever he planned to do elsewhere, but they may have put up resistance so he killed them and took off. It all could have taken just a few minutes -- and he was gone.

I know! And there are hundreds of cases where they warn the public. Zodiac Killer, Hillside Stranglers, Ted Bundy (before he was caught and after he escaped), Green River Killer, and that's just naming the most popular.

WADR, you are citing cases where there had been multiple occurances all within the same general area. In those cases, it makes sense to warn the public, because there is clear evidence the public as a whole is not safe. What the OP was asking for, were cases where a crime was committed, and LE came out and struck fear in the public by stating there is a killer on the loose? In a case like this, where they didn't have any evidence that this was a serial case, I think LE generally relies on the public to use common sense. In all fairness to them, they also stated that parents should be aware of what their children are doing.

I'm sure, God forbid, if a similar crime happened near the area in the future, and LE had evidence it was linked to this case, they would undoubtedly warn the public, "There is a killer on the loose!" JMO

Wow, thread 45!!!! For a case with poi pics and audio it sure is taking a long time! I know with stranger crime it is harder to solve but this feels like forever!! Hoping today is the day *advertiser censored*

I'm sure this has been brought up before in some capacity, but do we know if the anyone in the family or any friends of the family have been interviewed considered to be suspect? I absolutely in no way want to give the opinion that I think they have anything to do with it, but just knowing what I know of crime, it's not uncommon for it to be someone the girls knew in some capacity. It would also give a reason as to how the person might have known they were where they were. How old is the family member that dropped them off? Do they have an alibi? Again, I don't want to be insensitive, but I also wouldn't want to assume they are completely innocent either until it can be proven.

We don't know specifically if anyone in the girl's circle has been interviewed but we should assume some have been. And we don't know most of the SW and subpoenas that have been filed so we don't know who LE considers POI. But what I find curious, why was it ok to identify the person dropping them off (Libby's sister) but not picking them up (a different family member)?

This may have been discussed, but I was wondering if the "down the hill" recording has a time stamp and if so, how much time elapsed between the time stamp on BG picture and the recording. It is puzzling why the girls were not found on February 13. There has been much discussion on how they were placed in the location where they were found. I'm speculating they walked to the location on the command "down the hill" and murdered where they were found. Also, speculating they were held somewhere very close to the location where they were found. So many questions? MOO

I expect as someone's mentioned they were looking in the wrong place based on where the girls were last reported to be. I'll be surprised if there wasn't at least a cursory attempt to hide them with branches and leaves. IMO

WADR, you are citing cases where there had been multiple occurances all within the same general area. In those cases, it makes sense to warn the public, because there is clear evidence the public as a whole is not safe. What the OP was asking for, were cases where a crime was committed, and LE came out and struck fear in the public by stating there is a killer on the loose? In a case like this, where they didn't have any evidence that this was a serial case, I think LE generally relies on the public to use common sense. In all fairness to them, they also stated that parents should be aware of what their children are doing.

I'm sure, God forbid, if a similar crime happened near the area in the future, and LE had evidence it was linked to this case, they would undoubtedly warn the public, "There is a killer on the loose!" JMO

God forbid, I hope they catch this guy or these people before it comes to that then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member