IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say they walk north and intend to pass him and hope he continues south. Libby took that video while he was a distance from them, right? As soon as they get within passing distance on the bridge he pulls a weapon and forces them back south? I never could figure out him being a distance from them, Libby records but the girls don't take off. Not in any way am I suggesting these girls did a thing wrong. Just trying to work out why they didn't run or call police or yell.

I will bet they talked and were recorded. We get one tiny snippet from LE of down the hill so I'm guessing what did occur that was recorded was not something anyone wanted to see or hear, and why the police have made some of the statements they have and were very emotional. JMO

Bemsued-

Tried to write back but my post was "eaten" up and is in cyberspace.
can you elaborate on what you mean?

Do you think that after L shot the video, he came towards them. They got a bad vibe. And began to walk back over the bridge? To the North?

I think people understand your point for the most part.

I would love to know if other sources could verify friends were actually WITH the girls around the time it happened. But if LE or the media haven't said so by now, I have to guess that either they weren't there...or they are trying to keep the names of those kids out of the papers for their own protection.

Every article has talked about the two girls being dropped off, the two girls hiking and taking pics. I haven't seen any that said "the two girls met friends at the park" etc.

Nothing is impossible, I suppose, but it seems unlikely. That's too bad bc I do wish there were more witnesses to help fill out the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!

Do you know if the address for the search in Peru was ever published?

IIRC, during LE press conference (paraphrasing) LE said they had more video that would not be released. Does this mean that BG's face is not clear enough in any part of the video ... that his back was to the camera at all the times? I'm not understanding this because if L was taking the video, at some point, wouldn't BG have to walk toward her. MOO
did they say they were not going to release more of the audio and video "at this time". Am i remembering that correctly?

I need help from a cell audio/video expert. I am tech savy, however I'm not quite talented enough to get the answers I'm trying to obtain. :) Even if I think I'm close.

How far away was mistery man from the cell phone when he was audibly recorded saying "down the hill"?

To the best of my knowledge, in order for him(Mr. down the hill) to sound that clear he had to be within 20 feet of the microphone or closer. I have tested some recordings in my hand in my pocket and in a hoodie pouch and anything outside of 20 feet was inaudible or started getting lost in the background noise.

This could vary in different surroundings because of echoing and how far your voice will carry in certain environments so my 20 feet could be 10 or 40 at that location. Of course if he were yelling all of this is out the window, but I don't think he was yelling. His tone & normal depth of voice could also pertain but I'm not trying to be 100% accurate, just ballpark. :)

TIA

All MOO

Still a neophyte here!

What do people think about Gray Hughes newest video? It seems he feels that both A and L were no longer on the bridge when L snapped the video of BG.

Originally it was thought that both L and A were on the last trestle when she snapped the BG video.

What do you sleuths think about this?
Thanks!

Al,out forgot: MOO

Good question. And this is the point where I think it gets interesting. Since we've recently been discussing the times of the pics at 2:07 pm and the probable still pic of BG at 2:30 pm I am thinking the girls must have hung around the South end of the bridge for a bit as there is 23 minutes in between pictures (until BG arrived on scene). I am assuming this was the end of the girls' hike since the North end of the bridge is the end of the trail. There are only so many places that could have been their predesignated pick up spot (at I believe, 3pm). Were the girls planning to walk back to where they were initially dropped off? If not, then where? For anyone who has seen the satellite map of the trail you will see there are only so many places a car has access to the trail. If the girls had planned to be picked up on that driveway right under the North end of the bridge then they would have been just hanging out waiting for their ride at 3pm (I have not heard where the planned pick up spot was so I am merely thinking out loud). Two scenarios here...1) IF the girls were waiting for their ride at the North end of the bridge it seems very coincidental that their murderer just happens upon them by chance within this 30 minute time frame. In this scenario I am deducing it is most likely that the suspect either was already aware of their hiking trip plans or drove by and saw the girls walking on the trail and took advantage of this time frame (rather than their encounter be by coincidence)... or 2) the suspect was already there, watching and waiting for his perfect opportunity to kill. The tree stand would be a great vantage point for this as the suspect knows once he has his victim(s) on the South end of the bridge it is the end of the trail and nowhere else for them to go, so they are essentially cornered. MOO

Then he could've also easily approached the girls and went back north? We only see the two photos so do not know if he approached them and forced them in his direction or from where he came, do we? IMO

Who thinks the girls were ordered off the north end of the bridge and not the south? Does it make more sense as to their final location or not?

I think they were forced off the edge of the bridge where the crime scene tape can be seen in one of the citizen-sleuth videos. That is, the suspect is photographed facing the girls, he continues until he is with them, and then he herds them to the end of the bridge and "down the hill".

Bemsued-

Tried to write back but my post was "eaten" up and is in cyberspace.
can you elaborate on what you mean?

Do you think that after L shot the video, he came towards them. They got a bad vibe. And began to walk back over the bridge? To the North?

I think it's not outside the realm of possibility. If they did, I'm guessing it's because they didn't want to be near him at the south end with trees around so they may have figured it was safer, the two girls together, to pass him going away from him. The bridge is high so maybe they figured he wouldn't do anything on the bridge? I never can work out to my satisfaction why they'd stay in place video recording him if they were spooked by him. Why not hurry off at the south end looking for other people? Just trying to think of something that makes sense to me. MOO

I believe BG is wearing a camo ball cap and he's wearing it backwards.

Well everyone, I apologize to all for being one of those posters tonight that just cannot let it go.:gaah:

I really was having a hard time understanding why no one understood me - after all I am so very understandable! :D
I am taking myself off to bed (2:30 for me) and try to forget how embarrassed I feel.:blushing::shame:

I think people understand your point for the most part.

I would love to know if other sources could verify friends were actually WITH the girls around the time it happened. But if LE or the media haven't said so by now, I have to guess that either they weren't there...or they are trying to keep the names of those kids out of the papers for their own protection.

Every article has talked about the two girls being dropped off, the two girls hiking and taking pics. I haven't seen any that said "the two girls met friends at the park" etc.

Nothing is impossible, I suppose, but it seems unlikely. That's too bad bc I do wish there were more witnesses to help fill out the story.

What I read, and this was an interview with MSM is that there was another group of friends at the bridge that day that were interviewed. They had not seen Abby and Liberty. (didn't meet up). They had arrived after Abby and Liberty arrived but before they were to be picked up. This interview took place in the first few days and I will look when I get time. mo

Did you watch the fly over of the area on Feb. 14th? Really long, but it's worth looking at IMO.
https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10154523478509092/
Yes I did. Seeing those searchers in the creek clearly shows those girls couldn't have ran across and I don't think a perp could have carried them across. Those searchers were linking arms for safety IMO. Thank you for the link and the other videos are good too especially the one that goes up and down the creek and back and forth across the bridge.

did they say they were not going to release more of the audio and video "at this time". Am i remembering that correctly?

IIRC, a member of LE answered a question at a presser regarding the release of additional video and/or audio, and an LEO answered that he hoped they don't have to. If my recollection is basically accurate, it may be a good thing that they haven't released additional audio/video. Perhaps they haven't yet felt the need to because they have more evidence than any of us know about. I hope so, anyway.

Whomever asked what MIB stands for it is the man in black. Not to be confused with The Men in Black. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith had alibis. :cool:

Well everyone, I apologize to all for being one of those posters tonight that just cannot let it go.

I really was having a hard time understanding why no one understood me - after all I am so very understandable!
I am taking myself off to bed (2:30 for me) and try to forget how embarrassed I feel.:blushing::shame:
Remember stroll and roll. Is that right?

IIRC, a member of LE answered a question at a presser regarding the release of additional video and/or audio, and an LEO answered that he hoped they don't have to. If my recollection is basically accurate, it may be a good thing that they haven't released additional audio/video. Perhaps they haven't yet felt the need to because they have more evidence than any of us know about. I hope so, anyway.

Whomever asked what MIB stands for it is the man in black. Not to be confused with The Men in Black. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith had alibis. :cool:
Seems like 'at this time' is LE's fave quote at this time. He he.

What I read, and this was an interview with MSM is that there was another group of friends at the bridge that day that were interviewed. They had not seen Abby and Liberty. (didn't meet up). They had arrived after Abby and Liberty arrived but before they were to be picked up. This interview took place in the first few days and I will look when I get time. mo

Thanks. I never saw this so I would def appreciate the link when you find it!

Hi All! Long time lurker, first time posting. Regarding the "pings all over town"...is it possible BG kept the phone? The contents would be crowd based and accessible to LE and I don't recall hearing that they ever had Libby's phone in hand. Just a thought. It might explain the pings...BG was all over town until the phone died. I doubt he would charge it...rather destroy it. I'm sorry to say if LE doesn't have some info within the next week that this case is stone cold. I also deeply hope I'm wrong.

I had to come back before I signed off to say::wagon::greetings:

I need help from a cell audio/video expert. I am tech savy, however I'm not quite talented enough to get the answers I'm trying to obtain. :) Even if I think I'm close.

How far away was mistery man from the cell phone when he was audibly recorded saying "down the hill"?

To the best of my knowledge, in order for him(Mr. down the hill) to sound that clear he had to be within 20 feet of the microphone or closer. I have tested some recordings in my hand in my pocket and in a hoodie pouch and anything outside of 20 feet was inaudible or started getting lost in the background noise.

This could vary in different surroundings because of echoing and how far your voice will carry in certain environments so my 20 feet could be 10 or 40 at that location. Of course if he were yelling all of this is out the window, but I don't think he was yelling. His tone & normal depth of voice could also pertain but I'm not trying to be 100% accurate, just ballpark. :)

TIA

All MOO

Bouncing off your post. I think it might in part depend on the exact model of the phone but beyond that I don't know. Your post made me think of something though. I just realized that whomever that man was who uttered those words did not sound as if he was speaking loudly which to me indicates he may have been close enough to the girls to not need to raise his voice.

I think they were forced off the edge of the bridge where the crime scene tape can be seen in one of the citizen-sleuth videos. That is, the suspect is photographed facing the girls, he continues until he is with them, and then he herds them to the end of the bridge and "down the hill".

I whole heartedly agree with you.
Not to be picky. But it now seems the consensus is that the girls were off of the bridge when L took that video. (See Mr. Hughes latest video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member