MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year? The most I've seen (just though a quick Google search) is six months. I can't find my link now, but I was reading earlier that if they cannot ID a body from dental records, they will use DNA testing which I know can take a few months. But a whole year? I don't think I can stand it.

I'm doubting an entire year too, not sure why those tweeters are saying that/where they're pulling that from. Probably BS.

I am SO sorry at how morbid this is, but if all they have is a skull I don't think they can get DNA especially if it's 10 years old. I could be totally wrong but a quick google search basically says you can sometimes determine sex but that's not even always correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there absolutely no way to pull DNA from a skull without teeth? Surely there is. But I'm not an expert at all.

Authority's have dental records , but we don't know if complete skull
Was found , possibly not based on those statements.

I am SO sorry at how morbid this is, but if all they have is a skull I don't think they can get DNA especially if it's 10 years old. I could be totally wrong but a quick google search basically says you can sometimes determine sex but that's not even always correct. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I was reading that sometimes if they can't use dental records, they can extract DNA from the teeth. Granted that they are still intact. But you are absolutely right. I hope they've found more than just her skull.

I hope Kara's parents still have her dentals

LE has had Kara's dental records and DNA on file for years. Unfortunately, this is not the first body they have tried to match to Kara. There was also a living person they thought might be her a few years back, but the DNA didn't match.

Thank you. I was reading that sometimes if they can't use dental records, they can extract DNA from the teeth. Granted that they are still intact. But you are absolutely right. I hope they've found more than just her skull.

I remember someone stating that femur bones were also found, hopefully one of them belonged to Kara. I think liltexans posted that, not sure!

Is there absolutely no way to pull DNA from a skull without teeth? Surely there is. But I'm not an expert at all.

I don't know from what, I don't think a skull has marrow or at least not the kind you find in long bones.

I remember someone stating that femur bones were also found, hopefully one of them belonged to Kara. I think liltexans posted that, not sure!
Hopefully! I just read that the femur is one of the most positive sources of DNA for identification of remains.

I don't know from what, I don't think a skull has marrow or at least not the kind you find in long bones.

I keep trying to google if DNA can be extracted from a toothless skull, but I just kept getting BS articles claiming alien DNA was found in various skulls... :doh: Sigh. I hope no one ever looks at my search history, seriously.

I keep trying to google if DNA can be extracted from a toothless skull, but I just kept getting BS articles claiming alien DNA was found in various skulls... :doh: Sigh. I hope no one ever looks at my search history, seriously.

I saw that too! I think about 4 or 5 down I found an article from an anthropologist.

Authority's have dental records , but we don't know if complete skull
Was found , possibly not based on those statements.

If you saw CarlK's work on drawing a face to the partial skull of Linda Pagano, you would believe me when I tell you that if it is not all there, I bet Carl could draw a face to it and I bet t is Kara's. Even without teeth, she had a big wide distinctive smile.

I feel your pain. I also keep getting the ridiculous alien DNA articles. How is it there are massive amounts of articles on that subject but seemingly not one from a reputable source on forensic DNA analysis in skeletal remains where the skull may be the only viable source? Ugh.

So does anyone know what more they will need to charge Kylr? Or how long it will take?

Yust has not been charged in Runions' disappearance, though police are investigating the case as a homicide.

A mushroom hunter found the remains identified as Runions Monday in an area south of Belton, 20 miles south of Kansas City, and a second skull was found nearby Tuesday. The remains of the second person have not been identified.

After they were discovered, authorities notified the family of Runions and Kara Kopetsky, a former girlfriend of Yust who was last seen at Belton High School in May 2007 when she was 17.

Yust also has been questioned in Kopetsky's disappearance. Court records indicated Kopetsky filed for a protection order against Yust in April 2007. A hearing was scheduled for May 10, 2007 but Kopetsky vanished six days before the hearing. Yust has not been charged in that case, either.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/0...ins-identified-as-missing-missouri-woman.html

Kara's mom confirmed in that video that it's not a complete skull, which is why it might take up to a year to make an identification. She also says in her heart she believes it is Kara.

It's so gut wrenching. I just want him charged officially but I don't know the law and how they will handle the fact that the second skull is not yet identified.

Hmmm ... Wonder if she was bludgeon

Hate to say it in that manner but you have to wonder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kara's Mom is a realist she aims and thinks straight very level headed lady right there. Highly applaud her

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member