MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so gut wrenching. I just want him charged officially but I don't know the law and how they will handle the fact that the second skull is not yet identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could be charged in Jessica's case if they have enough evidence. Kara's mom stated tonight that she believes it will not take months/years to identify the other remains. She expects it by the 10th anniversary of her disappearance. 5/4. When the two are confirmed, I have no doubt that he will be charged with both. Lord I hope he is still in general population in the Jackson County Jail!. Finish him. There are no reasons or words worthy of why he did this. I don't care that he was abused as a child or molested. You don't do that to another person....EVER!

I believe after 10 years the skull has been separated from the mandible. They are joined by a freely moveable joint. That may be the reason it could take longer.

I haven't seen this one posted yet. http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/06/last-p...ky-says-memory-of-her-voice-still-haunts-him/ From the source: Kyle Reynolds knew both Kara Kopetsky and her on again off again boyfriend Kylr Yust. He has never talked to anyone about the day Kopetsky disappeared, but now that her remains may have been found, he says it is time...He says it was about 10:30 in the morning on May 4, 2007 when Kopetsky called him -- the sound of her voice still haunts him...."I can hear it whenever I say the words that she said, I can hear her saying it, ‘Hey Kyle, do you want to hang out with me and Kylr?’ ‘No, I got a job interview, I just woke up.’ ‘Oh, okay, alright, we'll talk to you later.’ That was it,” Reynolds recounted.

Unbelievable , they should charge him for withholding evidence / information .

Wow. KY sounds like an absolute . I hope he rots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope kylr is FREAKING OUT in jail right now. I hope he doesn't have one moment of peace of mind or sleep.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Hopefully they recorded his response, like they did with Casey Anthony.

My heart is breaking. This is so devastating. I think we all knew what the outcome would be, but it doesn't make it any easier. Two incredibly brave women right there. The girls have definitely been watching over them. I have nothing but love and respect for them and their persistence in seeking justice for their girls. I hope they know the massive amount of support they have from so many people. We can't give up on them guys...We have to help them get answers. Justice has to prevail.

Couldn't have said it any better myself scout. No way are we giving up on them, here to the end and beyond. When Jessicas Mom said they are Jessica and Karas voices I thought to myself I hope they know there are many more voices here for them too, loud and stubborn at that. My respect for these ladies is off the scale.

#VoivesForJessicaandKara
#JusticeForJessicaandKara

Lets make it so, and oh yes Jessica and Kara WILL have the last word, believe me!

Unbelievable , they should charge him for withholding evidence / information .

Did you read the article? He told the police a few days later.

2nr3ewi.png

“We’re just glad to have found Jessica,” said Tiffani Sims, Runions’ cousin on her father’s side, “which is the most important thing.”

Sims said the family would have no other comment at this time. Kansas City police detectives are investigating Runions’ death as a homicide.

A second skull could take months, even a year, to identify.

Rhonda Beckford, mother of Kara Kopetsky, who’s been missing 10 years, said she’s hopeful the crime lab analyzing the skull and other bones “realizes the importance of these skeletal remains” and completes the tests sooner.

In the months since Runions went missing, her mother and Beckford have become close. Runions was last seen leaving a gathering of friends with Kylr Yust, who had a tumultuous nine-month relationship with Kopetsky before she disappeared.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article143216674.html#storylink=cpy

A day after learning that her daughter was found in a Cass County field, Jamie Runions is back at the home of Kara Kopetsky’s parents.

“I had a friend that said, ‘Trust Jim and Rhonda [Beckford]; you’ll never go wrong with them. Just trust in them,’” Jamie Runions said.

Each family has leaned on one another for strength.

“The resolution won’t be over until we find Kara. Yes, I have my daughter, but the thing of it is, it’s not fair that I got my daughter right now and [Rhonda] doesn't have identification on hers. Right now I need that to be OK. I need her to be OK,” Jamie Runions said.

Although investigators have said it may take up to a year to identify the second set of remains, Rhonda Beckford’s gut says otherwise.

“I firmly believe that it's not gonna be a year. I believe that I will know the identity of the second set of remains before the 10-year mark, before May 4,” Rhonda Beckford said.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...nd-for-another-following-discovery-of-remains

Couldn't have said it any better myself scout. No way are we giving up on them, here to the end and beyond. When Jessicas Mom said they are Jessica and Karas voices I thought to myself I hope they know there are many more voices here for them too, loud and stubborn at that. My respect for these ladies is off the scale.

#VoicesForJessicaandKara
#JusticeForJessicaandKara

Lets make it so, and oh yes Jessica and Kara WILL have the last word, believe me!

(had to quote myself to edit the typo in voices cos it was too late to edit the post, and cos... ya know. OCD)

Indeed, he told them everything he knew and didn't feel like sharing this with the media, which is his good right if you ask me.

Okay , It said he has never talked to ANYONE .

nothing would surprise me, but I see him as more of a blintz/abuser murderer than a serial killer.

I generally agree with you. But, isn't it pretty serial killer of him to stash his victims in the same spot? Just so gross and had to have been somewhat calculated.

Unbelievable , they should charge him for withholding evidence / information . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the article, he states that his friendship with Kylr fell apart and ended because he spoke with police. He said he said he told them all that he knew, which essentially was nothing other than that he received a phone call from Kara the day that she disappeared and the strange way that Kylr acted when he came to his home later that day. I don't feel he withheld anything. He just didn't talk to the media until now. I can tell this man has so much guilt...That constant question in the back of his mind of if only I had known, if only I had gone with them that morning. There wasn't anything he could do. There are are likely others on their way to being charged with withholding evidence and impeding a police investigation, but I don't think this man is going to be one of them.

I generally agree with you. But, isn't it pretty serial killer of him to stash his victims in the same spot? Just so gross and had to have been somewhat calculated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I think I posted a page or so back that I think he would have had to know that area (the woods at least) and been back in there more than once or twice before he hurt Jessica. Those wooded type areas are difficult to find your way in and out of and even if you have markings, everything looks the same. Finding a place you had been once after nine, ten years would very difficult. I really don't think he chose the place out of necessity. If you look at the map, the road curves right there and you can see anyone coming or going on Y Highway and 233rd. There's no trespass signs everywhere as those woods are owned by the quarry, so he didn't run the risk of someone stumbling in and finding him down there with his victim. It just gives me chills. I think he knew it was there. I personally very strongly believe that this wasn't a crime of passion/manslaughter and I hope they don't charge him with it. Witnesses who told that private investigator he confessed to them said he told them that he loved what he was doing when he killed Kara. Five to fifteen years ain't enough. http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-voluntary-manslaughter-law.html

May I use this on Twitter? I'll give you credit of course �� Hugs, btw, for everything you do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yes of course, please feel free to use and share! Ty :) :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members