Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
l have to look at the cps issue, seriously what was going on in that house? what situation would the odds favor? i wonder if that poor baby tried to hide in that closet, I wonder if she was the one who loosened that screen, I wonder if she tried to escape, I wonder a lot of things about her father and things that were going on in that house and in the relationship between the parents.

this has always been a strange case to me, and I have a hard time ignoring feelings that I have towards the child's father... and feelings that I have about a child dying in a home that has been investigated by CPS not once but TWICE!!!

I have never had CPS in my home and I don't know anyone who has.

who called CPS on this family? why? who was doing what? what kind of abuse was alleged?

so now the female child is a murder victim, what else can go wrong in this house? who is the common denominator in all situations surrounding the disappearance of this little girl?

I just have a lot of trouble with the stranger angle and I think the neighbor heard Issa's father and someone else covering up this murder in the early morning hours and the dogs were probably barking at the the person who was helping and the unusual activity going on around the home at such an early hour.

and yes, daddy sounded wasted in the morning call to the police, IMO:moo::moo::moo:

I share your feelings 100%. Also, if you think about the statements and the security video showing no one around Isabel's bedroom window, it means she may have been taken out by way of a vehicle leaving out of the garage or out of any other doors of the home. I think it just way too coincidental that she reportedly usually slept in the room with her siblings except for that night and her father did not go to bed until 5:30 am. Hinky IMO

I was wondering when they will bury little Isabel. It is very strange that they haven't mentioned any memorial or burial for this sweet innocent baby.

I share your feelings 100%. Also, if you think about the statements and the security video showing no one around Isabel's bedroom window, it means she may have been taken out by way of a vehicle leaving out of the garage or out of any other doors of the home. I think it just way too coincidental that she reportedly usually slept in the room with her siblings except for that night and her father did not go to bed until 5:30 am. Hinky IMO
The vehicle still must be shown leaving the house. We don't have anyone saying that there's video of a car leaving the property during those 10 hours on the security company's cameras. They mention several other vehicles in the area, but not one leaving the house. The only car that we can assume left is BC when she left for work, and we don't know when that happened. As I mentioned, her route to work is very short and doesn't leave populated areas. With the drive, parking at TMC, putting her stuff away at work, taking care of shift change responsibilities, etc, I would imagine 30-45 minutes is more than sufficient. When did she leave home? Did the video miss a car leaving the property during the night? Again, if that was missed, what else was missed?

On an aside, I wanted to let non-locals know about the peculiarities of driving in Tucson, just in case you want to look at maps and routes from the house. Roads here are not straight and square. They often dead end, restart and change names several times. (First Avenue becomes Euclid which turns into Park. St. Mary's Road turns into 6th Street which turns into 5th Street. Campbell becomes Kino Parkway. On and on...) For example, take the property on the far north end of Swan that was posted earlier in the thread. You wouldn't just get on Swan at Broadway or any of the roads in the city and drive north directly to that location. As you can see from the directions in that listing, you have to take a very roundabout way to get to that part of Swan. This isn't uncommon in Tucson. It's a nightmare for folks who don't know the city well.

We also rarely use the freeways to get around town, because both I-10 and I-19 go around the edges of the city. Unless you live or work in the suburbs, you are unlikely to use a freeway unless you're leaving town. You will use surface streets.

I was just looking at old news reports of LE finding blood on the floor of Isabel's bedroom, and also on a white hat and plastic shower curtain found in a vehicle at the house. I am looking for a link to find that blood was located around the gaming chair in Isabel's brothers' bedroom. cannot find it, but I recall reading it. Very disturbing, jmo

The police report mentions the gaming chair, but several parts of the text passage have been blackened:
Quote from the police report [ ---- = redacted parts, blackend in the report]

Tucson Police Department Isabel Celis Report 1

As directed by Sergeant Allen, the following areas were selected to be processed with --------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

northeast bedroom, with the assistance of CSSS Grant #39628: the twin bed on the northwest side of the bedroom, a pillow o top of the bed, a black gaming chair and the area surrounding the twin bed. I observed a visual sample on the pillow and marked the area, Luminol reactions on the footboard of the bed did not fluoresce after being --- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the same report, the passage which mentions the white hat and the plastic shower also contains redacted parts:
There were two items form the hatchback area of the red 1988 Acura parked on the west side of the residence with dark red-brown or brown stains. The items were SW9A a white hat, and SW10 a muli [sic]-hued green vinyl shower curtain. -----------------------------

The areas I tested were photographed by CSS Chacon with a white two inch scale. I also tested the batch ---
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An exhaustive search for any further areas to test on the shower curtain was not completed on the scene. It was decided to keep the item close to its original condition and allow crime lab personnel to screen the shower curtain for possible evidence, if deemed necessary.
https://de.scribd.com/document/343663324/Tucson-Police-Department-Isabel-Celis-Report-1

This is from an old article Apr. 30/12 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/isabel-celis-missing-witness-tucson-arizona_n_1464208.html

"A potential key witness in the search for a missing Arizona 6-year-old has come forward as authorities expand their investigation into Mexico.

Tucson police say that one of five individuals captured by surveillance footage near the home of Isabel Celis on the night she disappeared is now communicating with detectives, according to ABC News.

The security tapes, recorded outside a nightclub, show three women and two men walking toward the Celis family home at approximately 1:30 a.m. on April 21. Isabel was last seen around 11 p.m. on April 20.

Police are not saying what the witness has told them."

"

I've never known what to make of this case. With Isabella's body being found not by happenstance and a potential key witness in the past, it seems that this wasn't through the parents helping or she would have been found years ago. I now sadly feel one or both parents know more. And if that is the case, if I was an uncle or cousin being accused, I would definitely get a lawyer.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/27/ijvm.01.html

Aug. 27th, 2013 JVM - CNN Transcript:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow, there are a few clues that police have been investigating in their efforts to find this precious child who`s been missing now for a year and a half. And as you know, the parents now are speaking out, say that there`s a relative that they won`t name and who knows more than he`s saying, being protected by a lawyer. He didn`t commit the crime himself or herself but knows what happened or knows more.

Now, remember, this bedroom where she vanished from, there were neighbors who lived right in the area, and they heard something in the dead of night or maybe actually in the dawn of the next morning. Listen to this, and then we`re going to talk to a neighbor.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

STARDEVANT: My dog, she woke me up. She`s very skeptical of people, and when she heard voices, she started barking. And that woke me up and that`s when I noticed the male voices, multiple male voices, and I noticed that the Celises` dogs were going crazy. They bark a lot, but this was a different type of barking. This was a very, very frantic barking.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We are very delighted to have with us tonight Alicia Stardevant, the neighbor. I believe it`s the neighbor you just heard from, just now, speaking. And she heard the dogs barking. Alicia, tell us again about what you heard and exactly when so we can get a sense and try to incorporate it into the new information we`re getting tonight.

STARDEVANT (via phone): Sure. It was about 6:30 in the morning, and my dog was -- you just heard on the sound bite -- was barking. She woke me up, and I noticed that there were a couple of male voices outside of my bedroom, which is right across from Isabel`s bedroom. But it was early in the morning; it was kind of light outside, so I didn`t really think anything about it. And I just -- I ended up going back to bed. I didn`t check on anything.

Then I was woken up about 8 a.m. by her uncle knocking on my door, asking if I`d seen her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. The uncle. So this is somebody that we have not mentioned up till this point. Did this uncle live with the family or was he called by the family? Does he live in the neighborhood or maybe in the same county and "Hey, help us find her?"

"STARDEVANT: Yes, I`m pretty sure that he wasn`t living with them. He was called over by Sergio, I believe, in the morning to help find Isabel.

The police report mentions the gaming chair, but several parts of the text passage have been blackened:
Quote from the police report [ ---- = redacted parts, blackend in the report]

In the same report, the passage which mentions the white hat and the plastic shower also contains redacted parts:

https://de.scribd.com/document/343663324/Tucson-Police-Department-Isabel-Celis-Report-1

Thank you for posting this. I always wondered if a fight broke out that night over gaming. And someone hit Isabel, harder than they realized.

I had never read that. Does anyone know where JM lived and how close to the house? And if the video from the bar has ever been shown.

I had never read that. Does anyone know where JM lived and how close to the house? And if the video from the bar has ever been shown.
JM lived in an apartment on Broadway Blvd 2.8 miles from the Celis' home.

I think this is the surveillance from the bar. It is the video with the 5 people walking home from the bar.
[video=youtube;9ZLqsW-cNYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZLqsW-cNYg[/video]

Here is an interview with the owner of Moore's Security Solutions talking about how his surveillance camera was pointed at the Celis' home.
[video=youtube;QiyntdI4aYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiyntdI4aYo[/video]

Cops: It’s up to you to figure out if parents (Sergio and Becky) took polygraph.

Police refuse to say window is point of entry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiyntdI4aYo

STARDEVANT: My dog, she woke me up. She`s very skeptical of people, and when she heard voices, she started barking. And that woke me up and that`s when I noticed the male voices, multiple male voices, and I noticed that the Celises` dogs were going crazy. They bark a lot, but this was a different type of barking. This was a very, very frantic barking."

If what the neighbor says is true: that her dog barked and the Celises' dogs were even "barking frantically" - then the Celis family must have slept through all this noise, for they never said they heard any of the dogs bark at that time. Very odd ...

But I have also read somewhere that two of the Celises' dogs were inside the house in a kennel, and a third one (deaf and blind) was sleeping outside.

I have a question: Did the surveillance camera's field of view also include Isabel's bedroom window?

Isn't it possible little Isabel was never in the home that night that she went missing earlier...
Was she even seen by anyone other than family after that baseball game?

If what the neighbor says is true: that her dog barked and the Celises' dogs were even "barking frantically" - then the Celis family must have slept through all this noise, for they never said they heard any of the dogs bark at that time. Very odd ...

But I have also read somewhere that two of the Celises' dogs were inside the house in a kennel, and a third one (deaf and blind) was sleeping outside.

I have a question: Did the surveillance camera's field of view also include Isabel's bedroom window?

Yes.

Tucson News Now
has obtained surveillance footage showing what was happening around the home on the night she disappeared.

In the nearly 10 hours of footage, we never see any sign of Isabel. Even though it's from a distance, we never see anybody outside her bedroom window either.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/31971686/newly-released-video-shows-celis-home-on-night-of-disappearance

Sergio Celis in the 2015 KGUN9-TV-Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieijOxx99l4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyMGPcJOLdg

"I went into her bedroom. She wasn't in her bed. I said Isabel. I looked in
here. She wasn't in the bed"

SC says he then looked in the "other bedroom", knocked on the bathroom door, and then "literally" walked in the garage:

"and walked all the way around because okay now this is getting strange"

Then SC says that his son, a moment later, alerted him to the wide open window in Isabel's room:

"He says Dad, her window's wide open. Her screen is busted out."

But according to Sergios own words, he himself had already been in Isabel's room shortly before, when he discovered her missing.

Then why did Sergio not notice the wide open window when he was in Isabel's room??

Sergio Celis in the 2015 KGUN9-TV-Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieijOxx99l4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyMGPcJOLdg

"I went into her bedroom. She wasn't in her bed. I said Isabel. I looked in
here. She wasn't in the bed"

SC says he then looked in the "other bedroom", knocked on the bathroom door, and then "literally" walked in the garage:

"and walked all the way around because okay now this is getting strange"

Then SC says that his son, a moment later, alerted him to the wide open window in Isabel's room:

"He says Dad, her window's wide open. Her screen is busted out."

But according to Sergios own words, he himself had already been in Isabel's room shortly before, when he discovered her missing.

Then why did Sergio not notice the wide open window when he was in Isabel's room??

That isn't in those videos? I just went through both of them taking notes and never heard that? Did I zone out?

Anyway here are the overly long notes I did take

Becky is very into being correct in using the accurate pronoun. Several times she uses "we" then stops and corrects it to 'I". It is done when she isn't including Sergio.For instance since Sergio was coaching it was just Becky watching Isa with her friends around the bleachers. Several times she uses "we" then corrects it to "I". However there is a potential slip when she is asked about how clear her memories are of the last day she references "the last day we saw her" pauses and corrects herself "the last day I saw her". Since we know she was last seen by Sergio and Becky at 11 PM what is on Becky's mind regarding her husband seeing her later? It is such a casual/common phrase for a parent to use regarding a missing child that it should just roll out her lips without a second thought but she feels the need to correct it. Odd. Later at the end of part 1 she again references "the last things we did" then corrects to "uh the last I saw Isa,the last things I did with Isa."

Few other things of interest

-At another point Becky is discussing how clearly and vividly she remembers that last night. Yet a few seconds later she says Isa injured either her knee or hip at Freedom Park but she can't remember which. She is asked again what moment sticks out the most and again it is Isa injured and "bawling".

-Becky says she left with Isa to take her home to shower while Sergio was getting sandwiches. Isa was tired, they went home, set out her clothes for the next day (Becky is being super repetitive about this), Isa took a really long shower, Becky braided Isa's hair and Isa had a bit of attitude about Becky not doing it correctly. That happened in Becky's room, Isa left and said goodnight to the boys, Sergio asked if she wanted to eat but she didn't. Quite surprised she wasn't hungry after all that playing and it being 11 at this point.

-They are asked who the disciplinarian was and Becky immediately says "me" but points at Sergio. Sergio says they both were but when he had to be Isa didn't take it well and would be like,"You're not supposed to be that person."

-Isa always wanted Sergio when she was sick not Becky. Becky said she would say she was sick but wasn't so she could stay home with Sergio. Sergio describes spending sick days watching Mama Mia together 3 times in a row together in bed. Becky would get home and see Isa obviously wasn't sick but had spent all day in bed with Sergio. So odd to me. I was a massive daddy's girl growing up and very clingy at bedtime and when sick. I couldn't fall asleep without him so he'd lay there about 15 minutes till I was out then if it was bedtime he'd go to bed with my mom and if I was sick he'd do whatever elsewhere in the house. I can't fathom him consistently letting me fake being sick and then literally spending an entire day with me in bed.

-Sergio and the boys watched Dumb and Dumber until midnight until Sergio finally sent them to bed. This might explain why Isa didn't sleep in their room since they weren't in bed when she went to bed?

Part two: Becky says they wanted all family members to be questioned in the same manner she and Sergio were. She says that wasn't limited to the family member that moved and that everyone but that person was willing to be questioned.

-Becky says they feel whoever took Isa knew her, the family, and their house. Sergio then says they knew the families sleeping patterns which makes no sense as that night everyone but Becky was doing something not routine in terms of sleeping: Isa was in her room, the boys were up until midnight, Sergio was asleep on the couch.

-The boys don't want to vacation anywhere Isa enjoyed or try anything new without her. So sad. J finally asked to go to the beach in San Diego because he knew Isa didn't like it but refused to try snorkeling because she wasn't there.

-Becky and the boys really want to move but Becky doesn't want to move without Isa. Sergio says as much as Isa loved her room and house he doesn't want her to come back and be out of that comfort zone.

Also of note I now know something more annoying than sneaky kids trying to text at dinner: a parent texting during an interview. Becky was busily texting at the start. And over and over during the interview the dogs were barking. Now off to delve into the whole CPS investigation!

That isn't in those videos? I just went through both of them taking notes and never heard that? Did I zone out?

Anyway here are the overly long notes I did take

Becky is very into being correct in using the accurate pronoun. Several times she uses "we" then stops and corrects it to 'I". It is done when she isn't including Sergio.For instance since Sergio was coaching it was just Becky watching Isa with her friends around the bleachers. Several times she uses "we" then corrects it to "I". However there is a potential slip when she is asked about how clear her memories are of the last day she references "the last day we saw her" pauses and corrects herself "the last day I saw her". Since we know she was last seen by Sergio and Becky at 11 PM what is on Becky's mind regarding her husband seeing her later? It is such a casual/common phrase for a parent to use regarding a missing child that it should just roll out her lips without a second thought but she feels the need to correct it. Odd. Later at the end of part 1 she again references "the last things we did" then corrects to "uh the last I saw Isa,the last things I did with Isa."

Few other things of interest

-At another point Becky is discussing how clearly and vividly she remembers that last night. Yet a few seconds later she says Isa injured either her knee or hip at Freedom Park but she can't remember which. She is asked again what moment sticks out the most and again it is Isa injured and "bawling".

-Becky says she left with Isa to take her home to shower while Sergio was getting sandwiches. Isa was tired, they went home, set out her clothes for the next day (Becky is being super repetitive about this), Isa took a really long shower, Becky braided Isa's hair and Isa had a bit of attitude about Becky not doing it correctly. That happened in Becky's room, Isa left and said goodnight to the boys, Sergio asked if she wanted to eat but she didn't. Quite surprised she wasn't hungry after all that playing and it being 11 at this point.

-They are asked who the disciplinarian was and Becky immediately says "me" but points at Sergio. Sergio says they both were but when he had to be Isa didn't take it well and would be like,"You're not supposed to be that person."

-Isa always wanted Sergio when she was sick not Becky. Becky said she would say she was sick but wasn't so she could stay home with Sergio. Sergio describes spending sick days watching Mama Mia together 3 times in a row together in bed. Becky would get home and see Isa obviously wasn't sick but had spent all day in bed with Sergio. So odd to me. I was a massive daddy's girl growing up and very clingy at bedtime and when sick. I couldn't fall asleep without him so he'd lay there about 15 minutes till I was out then if it was bedtime he'd go to bed with my mom and if I was sick he'd do whatever elsewhere in the house. I can't fathom him consistently letting me fake being sick and then literally spending an entire day with me in bed.

-Sergio and the boys watched Dumb and Dumber until midnight until Sergio finally sent them to bed. This might explain why Isa didn't sleep in their room since they weren't in bed when she went to bed?

Part two: Becky says they wanted all family members to be questioned in the same manner she and Sergio were. She says that wasn't limited to the family member that moved and that everyone but that person was willing to be questioned.

-Becky says they feel whoever took Isa knew her, the family, and their house. Sergio then says they knew the families sleeping patterns which makes no sense as that night everyone but Becky was doing something not routine in terms of sleeping: Isa was in her room, the boys were up until midnight, Sergio was asleep on the couch.

-The boys don't want to vacation anywhere Isa enjoyed or try anything new without her. So sad. J finally asked to go to the beach in San Diego because he knew Isa didn't like it but refused to try snorkeling because she wasn't there.

-Becky and the boys really want to move but Becky doesn't want to move without Isa. Sergio says as much as Isa loved her room and house he doesn't want her to come back and be out of that comfort zone.

Also of note I now know something more annoying than sneaky kids trying to text at dinner: a parent texting during an interview. Becky was busily texting at the start. And over and over during the interview the dogs were barking. Now off to delve into the whole CPS investigation!

Hmmmmm. Plus mom was the only one that left that morning.

So did she call her male relative that use to live with them?

Becky said they wanted all family members to be questioned by police (for 12 hours) in the same manner she and Sergio were questioned.

This statement has always bothered me. Instead of viewing hers and Sergio's 12 hour police station interview (while separated) as necessary to find Isabel and clear themselves as suspects, Becky viewed it as an embarrassment or punishment.

She and Sergio were Isabel's parents, not all their family members. They were the only adults with whom Isabel lived, not all their family members. She and Sergio were the last people to spend time with Isabel and see her alive, not all their family members. Wanting all family members to be questioned with the same intensity as she and Sergio were questioned (12 hours) was Becky trying to project the blame onto all her family members. That's really horrible, imo.

Hmmmmm. Plus mom was the only one that left that morning.

So did she call her male relative that use to live with them?

We haven't heard if the Party City surveillance camera caught anyone else leaving the Celis' home on that night. If Isabel's remains were found in close proximity to the Celis' home, it's possible that someone carried her to the dump site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288