Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes car wouldve been an easy find since the car port is all open and its not an enclosed garage from the view from the front of the property

Maybe the GF threw him out as she was frightened and doesn't need that rubbish? Just a thought? Most people can't just bail out on a property? Though if he was cashed up maybe he kept paying the rent there but just didn't live there?

He lived with his fam

Looking at what has just been sleuthed about the home invasion
- it was because of money owed
- it happened at the family home
- ST was able to move into a $500pw unit the next day (approx $2000 bond) with his family's blessing (presumably) and help (presumably because he had no car and no money to pay the debt).

I don't see how the unit could have been organised so quickly with references etc, finances, the cost of the place (if ST couldn't afford his debt). Maybe I am taking it all too literally.

Or Sam was set to move anyway, the perps knew he was going to an expensive unit when he owed money, which makes more sense to me. They wanted their money and wanted collateral while they still knew his address.

And does Sam report his car missing when he now lives at this new address, or is in the process of moving, with no tangible income? Isn't proof of income required to secure a lease?

Any thoughts?

Depending on the Property Manager but a good one will conduct background checks, require references and rental history as well as occupation and who will be sharing accommodation with you..if that applies. ST must have fulfilled at least some of that criteria because it was not a cheap unit. Only stating this as I am a landlord and all my property managers vetto tenants 1st and run past me. BTW I am pet friendly with my properties as I know how important they are to tenants but not all landlords think like that.

Robbery was September, 'looking for a room to rent' in November from ST's FB. So, yes, he must have gone to a friend's place to lay low.

How did he go from looking for a room to rent to a $500 a week apartment?

Yes car wouldve been an easy find since the car port is all open and its not an enclosed garage from the view from the front of the property

Another tidbit is the family home is literally three minutes or so from where the footage on samdgate road is shown of sam driving from the motorbike rider too on the march 7 footage at 1042am.

Unless he shared with someone else. Sorry if I missed but have we verified the unit was leased by him? Was the unit furnished as that is a major expense?

Nah the police said he lived alone with his pet

House sitting?

I don't know - maybe someone else also put their name on the lease - his parents?
Edit - I meant in order for him to secure the lease on the apartment.

Or he knew the owner personally

Now that I have heard that the robbery was at his parents place it just confirms my thoughts that his parents must have known what he was up to? It seems that they only took Sam's belongings, it was obviously personal and he moved out the next day. Major alarm bells IMO .

I wonder if he reported the home invasion due to pressure from his parents? "Have you reported it to police? You really need to report it, Sam. Sam, have you reported it yet?"

And then doing so as he couldn't explain why he didn't report it ... but he was less than helpful to police by not saying who he thought/knew the perpetrators were.

I remember seeing that Sam's dad said that Sam didn't seem worried by the home invasion, and in the next breath he said that he moved out the following day. Perhaps his dad even took him to the police station.

He could have been in a bad position where he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't report it. So he played the middle ground by reporting it, without identifying anyone.

People say it took a week to hit the news? Maybe it took a week for Sam to be convinced by his parents to report it ... because he really did not want to do so.

Yes I wonders that too, if it was reported late because if it was reported right way a week is a big delay in reporting something that's usually all over the news.

I tend to think that parents have inklings. It has been suggested he was involved in class A drugs. They could well have minimised it to pot in their minds, something they saw as a fairly normal stage he was bumbling through and would grow out of. It is impossible to know.

You can get on the old Contiki tour like Sam did and hop off in Amsterdam where all the laws are different, and then you have to come home and assimilate. There are so many ways to rationalise the behaviour of the man child.

Now that I have heard that the robbery was at his parents place it just confirms my thoughts that his parents must have known what he was up to? It seems that they only took Sam's belongings, it was obviously personal and he moved out the next day. Major alarm bells IMO .

How did he go from looking for a room to rent to a $500 a week apartment?

Wasn't Sam living with a female friend? She could of had the lease agreement in her name? That would mean Sam was sharing rent cost with her and went to live there. Half rent would of been $250pw. if that is what the deal was?

If Sam was living at home with parents when the robbery happened, the msm articles state otherwise? His g/friend was scared because of the gun the perps had, so she was there too.

If Sam was living at home with parents when the robbery happened, the msm articles state otherwise? His g/friend was scared because of the gun the perps had, so she was there too.
Karinna, it is pretty normal here for teens and older kids to have their partners sleep over at their parents place. The police said he lived alone in the apartment.

I apologise for making an assumption that you are not Australian.

it is the ST family home in Northgate

I hadn't realised the robbery took place at the family home. The Courier Mail report states that a female occupant opened the door and was threatened with a gun. Might that have been his poor Mum, or sister? How terribly traumatic this has been for Sam's family.

I hadn't realised the robbery took place at the family home. The Courier Mail report states that a female occupant opened the door and was threatened with a gun. Might that have been his poor Mum, or sister? How terribly traumatic this has been for Sam's family.

So scary!!!

In the msm article about the robbery i seen there was a police car outside of the apartments.

It could well have been a female family member. In my mind it was his girlfriend, which doesn't lessen the terror, just I think she would understand the situation better. As they said, Sam wasn't too stressed by it all, didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave