Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i also wouldn't think police charge with murder unless there is a very good case to answer, and they have evidence to prove? Although a circumstantial case without the victim being found can be prosecuted too, but much more difficult to prosecute from my understanding.

Me three. I have always thought the argument (perhaps owing of a substantial debt for a long time) was between RB and Sam. And AD got himself involved in the murder for some unknown reason.

Lets you, me and MsAnais make some brownies and go visit him and ask [emoji13]

For me, I haven't written off the idea that AD was a possibly heavy user (maybe a coping mechanism) and had a large debt himself, which he was told to repay via henching, if he didn't have the money. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think anything good a murderer has done is then outweighed by the murder. Lets say for example Mr Smith was such a nice man, but he raped and savagely murdered someone's child. How do people feel then? I would think they consider him evil? In all the horrific cases i have followed on here that is the general consensus. I know Sam wasn't a child, but he was someone's child, and for two people to murder that young man two onto one is the act of cowards IMO. To kill another is to destroy yourself IMO.

After speaking to hundreds of prisoners, lots of whom had done many good things before one terrible one, I disagree with you. I'm not saying murder isn't terrible. I'm saying people commit murder under varying circumstances. Doesn't make it right. Also doesn't mean they've never done good and never will again.

Lets you, me and MsAnais make some brownies and go visit him and ask [emoji13]

For me, I haven't written off the idea that AD was a possibly heavy user (maybe a coping mechanism) and had a large debt himself, which he was told to repay via henching, if he didn't have the money. JMO.

I can't imagine why he got himself involved. What a nutty thing to do ... whether it was to pay off a debt or anything else. And now he could have stuffed up his whole life for the next 20 years or so.

After speaking to hundreds of prisoners, lots of whom had done many good things before one terrible one, I disagree with you. I'm not saying murder isn't terrible. I'm saying people commit murder under varying circumstances. Doesn't make it right. Also doesn't mean they've never done good and never will again.

We can agree to disagree then, :)

I highlighted in the article what the australian govt. states and they say it is "Illegal" unless you are in the services thats all. <modsnip>

Oh okay. You mean it's illegal unless you're in the Australian services? Because you can be a civilian and fight overseas: as long as its for a foreign government.

Not all people charged with murder, are in fact murderers (no intent to kill etc) . So we do have to be careful about throwing that word around, until we know all the facts. It could be a situation were there's no intent to kill, no premeditation, that it all got out of hand. I'm not making a defense for either of the accused. However, until the brief of evidence is presented before the courts, public opinion can't be 100% certain that both accused are in fact murderers; despite both being charged with the same offence. JMO

Not all people charged with murder, are in fact murderers (no intent to kill etc) . So we do have to be careful about throwing that word around, until we know all the facts. It could be a situation were there's no intent to kill, no premeditation, that it all got out of hand. I'm not making a defense for either of the accused. However, until the brief of evidence is presented before the courts, public opinion can't be 100% certain that both accused are in fact murderers; despite both being charged with the same offence. JMO

Agree. Whilst the police don't charge people with murder for no reason, not everyone is found guilty.

Also, not everyone charged with something did it. Not saying it's case here, but I used to work with a lady charged with attempted murder. Fantastic air tight case was made by the police and she would have very likely been found guilty. All that saw the charges dropped was that The friend her ex BF had had shoot him to frame her, fell out with him and dobbed him in.

They have been charged with murder for good reason, and don't think police do that lightly.
Who here thinks that Tostee is innocent?

Police found a crime scene at RB's house, and that is very good evidence someone was murdered there. And god only knows what else they found? Sam's body also tells a story.

True ... the mens rae of murder is intent, or recklessness/negligence where a person should have known that their actions could cause death. So they could have been charged with murder due to reckless behaviour where they should have known better.

However, they are still classed as murderers. Even without the intent.

True ... the mens rae of murder is intent, or recklessness/negligence where a person should have known that their actions could cause death. So they could have been charged with murder due to reckless behaviour where they should have known better.

As i just said the police found evidence of Sam's murder.

I realise that. But it could have been evidence of their 'reckless behaviour that caused death when they should have know better' (which is categorised as murder). That is all I am trying to say.

AD's legal representation so far seems young, but entirely appropriate.
https://bosscherlawyers.com/team-member/alex-jones/
I don't know if there will be some kind of caveat around RB's 'team' by the time of his Commital hearing as there seems to be now. Maybe he is using the public purse?

They have been charged with murder for good reason, and don't think police do that lightly.
Who here thinks that Tostee is innocent?

I do not think he was guilty of murder. I don't think he's a very nice human being, but I did not think that case amounted to murder.

AD's legal representation so far seems young, but entirely appropriate.
https://bosscherlawyers.com/team-member/alex-jones/
I don't know if there will be some kind of caveat around RB's 'team' by the time of his Commital hearing as there seems to be now. Maybe he is using the public purse?

I believe Bosscher co also represented Cowan. AD's lawyers bio says he's done a few murder and drug cases, so possibly a good fit for the circumstances?

If you think about vehicular homicide, you may understand reckless behaviour that causes death (murder) in a better way.

If you think about vehicular homicide, you may understand reckless behaviour that causes death (murder) in a better way.

I understand fully vehicular homicide. No one gets beaten to death in that deliberately, even though it is classified as manslaughter in some cases depending on the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member