Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

"Are they able to tell if a body had given birth or not ? I had a young co worker, who in late 1970 or early 1971 asked me to babysit her three little boys in the East Bay city of Hayward, CA. She had met a guy, with a motorcycle and he was wanting to take her camping for the weekend. Her name was Christine Woods. Her three little boys were about two, three and four. Just little guys. Anyway, I agreed to watch the kids, along with my own and one of a friend, all about the same age. She never came back. I think her parents were from someplace like Texas, might be wrong about that. Neither the children's dad nor the grandparents wanted the kids and I had them for a while until a custody hearing and social services folks could step in. Chris had somewhat short brown hair, was a little bit chunky (curvy) and did not have perfect teeth. She was a sweet girl, a hard worker and loved her kids beyond belief. It made no sense. I will never forget her face or the horror of her never returning. Very sad to see there are so many other young people left unclaimed."

This was the comment I found

Interesting link to serial killer Rodney Alcala the "Dating Game Killer"

Authorities found pictures of women including a pregnant woman posing on his motorcycle.
'While going through the death row inmate’s belonging, authorities discovered an old photograph of a young woman on a bike that they believed should be further investigated.

It wasn’t until he was convicted in 2010 that Huntington Beach Police finally released a series of photos that had been found inside Alcala’s Seattle storage locker when he was initially arrested in 1979.

According to Sweetwater County officials, a relative of Christine Ruth Thornton, a 28-year-old pregnant woman who disappeared in 1977, decided to take a look at some of the old photographs in hopes of finding the missing woman.

To their shock and horror, Thornton’s siblings immediately recognized their sister in the photograph and contacted authorities to submit their DNA to a national database for missing and unidentified persons.

In 2015, the DNA finally came back as a positive match to the remains of a woman found buried in a remote area of Wyoming."

LINK: http://www.throwbacknews.com/photog...und-in-dating-game-killers-old-storage-locker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Christine Woods probably is not listed. That's why I said NCMEC (Help ID Me) will do what they can to get her listed to compare
This made me think of SK Rodney Alcala who was active in the area at that time and who authorities suspect killed more women they aren't yet aware of. He traveled at times on a motorcycle and LE even discovered photographs he had showing women on his motorcycle, as the FB post Sonz included mention for "Christine" leaving with a man on a motorcycle.
moo

That photo fits the description of "christine" . Shoulder length wavy Brown hair . I could ask the Facebook poster if that could be her friend if I send the photo in a message?

"Are they able to tell if a body had given birth or not ? I had a young co worker, who in late 1970 or early 1971 asked me to babysit her three little boys in the East Bay city of Hayward, CA. She had met a guy, with a motorcycle and he was wanting to take her camping for the weekend. Her name was Christine Woods. Her three little boys were about two, three and four. Just little guys. Anyway, I agreed to watch the kids, along with my own and one of a friend, all about the same age. She never came back. I think her parents were from someplace like Texas, might be wrong about that. Neither the children's dad nor the grandparents wanted the kids and I had them for a while until a custody hearing and social services folks could step in. Chris had somewhat short brown hair, was a little bit chunky (curvy) and did not have perfect teeth. She was a sweet girl, a hard worker and loved her kids beyond belief. It made no sense. I will never forget her face or the horror of her never returning. Very sad to see there are so many other young people left unclaimed."

This was the comment I found
Thanks!

This is the person I was remembering. Similar story and location, but no mention of kids. Dates don't work for Annie. http:// www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pope_paula.html

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I still have a feeling Annie may be Mary Ann Switalski, especially after the new isotope info was released. Check out the similarities in teeth and facial shape with CarlK's reconstruction and Mary Ann's NamUs picture:
attachment.php
attachment.php

1. Similarities between Annie Doe and Mary Ann:
- Mary Ann was last seen with long strawberry blonde hair (NamUs Profile). UID's hair described as long and reddish withhighlights.
- Mary Ann disappeared age 16 years. UID estimated to be 14-25 years at time of death.
- What is most striking is visual comparison of Mary Ann's picture with the digital NCMEC digital composite and the color forensicsketch by C. Koppelman showing similarities between Mary Ann and UID's teeth and facial shape.
- Mary Ann was 5'2" tall and Doe estimated 5'4" both white females
2. NEW ISOTOPE Testing on UID revealed 04/11/2017 stated "New forensic isotope tests revealed that the female may havespent time in the northeast corner of the U.S. as well as the area of the Great Lakes. She then ended up all the way in Washingtonstate and Oregon."
3. Mary Ann is not listed in Annie UID's NAmUs Exclusion List. Mary Ann went missing from Chicago in July 1963 at age 16 BUTher parents reported that she left with a couple to sell door-to-door magazine subscriptions throughout California. Mary Ann couldhave been alive for years prior to 1971 which would explain the 1970 coin and California map found with UID.
4. Circumstances regarding Mary Ann Switalski's disappearance:
- The Chicago Tribune article dated 07/07/1969 detailed Mary Ann's link to the magazine sales group and possible Allan J. Silverof New York who was 25 years old at the time of the article and out on bond for a $3000 robbery charge.http://archives.chicagotribune.com/...le/missing-girls-family-clings-to-a-slim-hope
- NamUs Profile for Mary Ann states: Mary Ann attended a carnival at St. Priscilla's Catholic Church on July 15, 1963. Two daysafter her disappearance her parents received a short letter postmarked from Oak Park, IL. In the letter, Mary Ann stated that shewas fine and that she was going to earn some money to take care of them. No further contact was ever made. It is believed thatMary Ann may have joined a magazine door-to-door sales group that was headed to California. The husband and wife owners ofthe sales organization gave conflicting statements. The wife stated that Mary Ann left with the sales group and the husband statedthat Mary Ann never left Chicago.

Links:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2277dfil.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4642/3/

Moo....

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 261
I really hope they do.

I went to the post on Help ID Me, I can see that they sent her a message, under her main post it says "Page responded privately · April 11 at 5:57pm"

I sent her a message asking if she remembers anything else because I went to a records search site, found a few women named Christine Woods. I sent her the link to the page.

That photo fits the description of "christine" . Shoulder length wavy Brown hair . I could ask the Facebook poster if that could be her friend if I send the photo in a message?

This is Annie's natural hair that doesn't look dyed to me. I saw the strand Carl used to build her hair with

attachment.php

I still have a feeling Annie may be Mary Ann Switalski, especially after the new isotope info was released. Check out the similarities in teeth and facial shape with CarlK's reconstruction and Mary Ann's NamUs picture:
attachment.php
attachment.php

1. Similarities between Annie Doe and Mary Ann:
- Mary Ann was last seen with long strawberry blonde hair (NamUs Profile). UID's hair described as long and reddish withhighlights.
- Mary Ann disappeared age 16 years. UID estimated to be 14-25 years at time of death.
- What is most striking is visual comparison of Mary Ann's picture with the digital NCMEC digital composite and the color forensicsketch by C. Koppelman showing similarities between Mary Ann and UID's teeth and facial shape.
- Mary Ann was 5'2" tall and Doe estimated 5'4" both white females
2. NEW ISOTOPE Testing on UID revealed 04/11/2017 stated "New forensic isotope tests revealed that the female may havespent time in the northeast corner of the U.S. as well as the area of the Great Lakes. She then ended up all the way in Washingtonstate and Oregon."
3. Mary Ann is not listed in Annie UID's NAmUs Exclusion List. Mary Ann went missing from Chicago in July 1963 at age 16 BUTher parents reported that she left with a couple to sell door-to-door magazine subscriptions throughout California. Mary Ann couldhave been alive for years prior to 1971 which would explain the 1970 coin and California map found with UID.
4. Circumstances regarding Mary Ann Switalski's disappearance:
- The Chicago Tribune article dated 07/07/1969 detailed Mary Ann's link to the magazine sales group and possible Allan J. Silverof New York who was 25 years old at the time of the article and out on bond for a $3000 robbery charge.http://archives.chicagotribune.com/...le/missing-girls-family-clings-to-a-slim-hope
- NamUs Profile for Mary Ann states: Mary Ann attended a carnival at St. Priscilla's Catholic Church on July 15, 1963. Two daysafter her disappearance her parents received a short letter postmarked from Oak Park, IL. In the letter, Mary Ann stated that shewas fine and that she was going to earn some money to take care of them. No further contact was ever made. It is believed thatMary Ann may have joined a magazine door-to-door sales group that was headed to California. The husband and wife owners ofthe sales organization gave conflicting statements. The wife stated that Mary Ann left with the sales group and the husband statedthat Mary Ann never left Chicago.

Links:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2277dfil.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4642/3/

Moo....

Mary Ann has dentals and DNA on NamUs

Was looking at her last night ... Good catch

Also was pondering the possibility of Patricia Spencer, do not know the full story of her disappearance along with her friend.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3081dfmi.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/spencer_patricia.html

I'm very familiar with Patricia's case. Here is her WS thread
Patricia has DNA in NamUs, I'll be shocked if it wasn't run. Also I think Patricia was killed locally, soon after going missing.

See this post, according to what I've seen, the family knows who did it. I'm not seeing the article quoted below online any more

LOCAL NEWS
6A - Oscoda Press, Oscoda, Mi., Wednesday, July 13, 2011

by Holly Nelson
OSCODA – Pamela “Pam” Sue Hobley, 15, and Patricia “Patty” Ann Spencer, 16, disappeared, apparently without a trace, almost 42 years ago on Oct. 31, 1969.
The Oscoda High School students were last seen around 2 p.m. as they walked along River Road from the high school toward the business district, according to the
Oscoda Township Police Department report.
Hobley’s family is still looking for closure and answers. Her sister, Mary Hobley
Buehrle of Osseo, said she and her other two sisters believe the answers are in the Oscoda area, locked in the memory of whomever killed the girls. “Pam and Patty are dead. The families know this in the deepest valleys of our souls. We do not know why. We do not know how. But someone does,” she said. If there were any lingering
doubts, those vanished when her mother, Lois, was on her death bed in October 2008. As she drew her last breath, Lois said, “I see Pam,” Buehrle related. When the girls were reported to be missing, they were first thought to be runaways with a destination
of Flint, according to sparse newspaper reports of the day. The girls, however, were close to their families and, after a few weeks without any contact or sighting of either teen, the focus changed to foul play.

Over the decades, there has been much speculation and at least one purported eyewitness account, that from a man now dead who, after telling this reporter what
happened, was deemed non credible by the case investigator, now also dead.
Based on the police report, some leads were followed, including
one which led to the excavation of a grave in the woods. A Shetland pony was found. Other tips lie in the ile, but nothing could be found to indicate whether
pursued. Buehrle said she was saddened that her sister and Patty’s lives are now deined only by the 36-page police report. “Pamela Hobley and Patty Spencer were loved, they were cherished,” said Buehrle. “They were not angels, they were young girls struggling in a fast changing world of drugs, pressures and expectations. They were cherished
as a child, a sister, a grandchild, a friend. They are still cherished and missed.”Buehrle said her grandparents and parents died never knowing what happened to Pamela. The
mystery especially plagued her mother, who worked at an Oscoda restaurant, and her grandmother, May Jones, who owned another restaurant downtown.

After two or three years without a word, the family moved to Hale. There was no longer a feeling of safety for them in Oscoda. Over the years they pursued answers, never with success. Lois Hobley even sought out a psychic. Mary said the family thought the mystery was over in 2002, when the FBI contacted Lois for a DNA sample to compare with bones found in an AuSable Township woods.

“ F o r t y - two years later, we still miss our big sister. We still ask, ‘What happened
to Pam?’ Imagine 15,360 days of asking oneself the same horrible question, day after day, year after year and never getting an answer.” Buehrle said she hopes the girls did not suffer and that the person or persons who snuffed out their young lives have experienced consequences. “We do pray he has cried once in a while for what we believe he did. We pray his guilt is a blanket that has dampened every good moment in his life. We pray the tapestry of his life has always had the thread of guilt and shame woven
intricately through it,” she said. “He knows what happened and so do the people who were there with him. We know he covered it up. We know he has succeeded for
42 years to keep the secret buried. “What was it? Someone got pregnant? Someone got mad? Someone could not cope with the reality of statutory rape?” Buehrle
asks some of the questions, some spawned by rumors, that daily plague her.
“Please find the courage and strength to give peace and closure to the families your actions ripped
from our lives 42 years ago,” Buehrle said in a public appeal to the murderer or murderers.
According to Buehrle, she and sisters Becky and Betty are determined to ind the answers and the identity of the murderers. “I’m not going to let it die,” Buehrle stressed.
She has enlisted the help of Oscoda Township Police Chief Mark David and pleads that anyone with any information, no matter how seemingly trivial, contact him at 989-739-9112.
David said the case has never been closed and, after reviewing it, plans to follow up on several possible leads.

Thank You Roselvr I did not check NAMUS for her DNA only seen it was noted not available on Doe Network my apologies

They thought Anita Drake was killed locally and were certain who did it, but turns out it wasn't true, just sayin.

The only problem with the serial killer angle is there was only one operating in the southern Oregon area in the 70s (And I don't believe that someone from Northern Oregon would dump her that far south, that's close to a five hour drive from Portland). He actually sounds fairly plausible because of the fact that he killed a family of campers (And they found the camping maps in her back pocket)

So Sgt K Flynn called me back, anyone else have that moment where when an officer calls you you're convinced that they caught you doing something illegal? Even if you haven't been to that city in months? Because it took me a good five seconds to remember who she was. Haha.

Anyways, she had no idea who Ellen Louise McCollum Drake was and why I was calling her (She's the Eugene Sgt) instead of someone in Portland so I emailed her the link and she'll go find out who Ellen was and what happened to her file.

I believe this is my Aunt from Portland Oregon. We were living in the same aplenty complex when I was 8 years old. Can someone help me with this

This looks like a very plausible possible. She has been submitted, and a NamUs casefile has been created for Ellen Louise McCollum-Drake

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37652/0

Until now, I had hidden the above post that Ellen's Niece wrote because she originally joined Websleuths using her real name as a monicker, and I didn't want everyone to look her up and try to contact her. I also wanted KLEE to have the chance to contact Ellen's family and get DNA samples (which they have done).

I am putting the following info up at the request of Ellen's Niece.

Ellen's Niece says that the Jan 1967 Date LKA is definitely too early. Ellen gave birth to a son in 1968, and the son was 1-2 years old when she was last seen. Ellen's Niece places the date LKA around 1970. She was about 19 years old when last seen.

Ellen's Niece was browsing the internet, and saw Deca's and EmmaliLucia's mention of Ellen's name. She saw my recon and showed it to her mother (Ellen's sister), and her mother said that the recon very strongly resembled Ellen. The family has very few photos of Ellen. The two below are of Ellen when she was about 15-16 , and at her wedding in 1967.

3075f5af-aeaa-406c-adab-ab1d3d1a08c9.jpg
7869434a-f43c-4b8e-b8d7-89a0ceca1ec8.jpg

Ellen's hair was dyed black in the B&W photo, and it was pulled up for her wedding. Ellen's Niece said that she dyed her hair frequently, but it was red at the time of her disappearance, and normally it was "kinky curly", but she might have straightened it.

Here's the kicker. Remember the ring with the letters AL scratched into it? She had a boyfriend whose name is AL. Ellen's NamUs page says she was last seen in Portland. However, Ellen's Niece says that she was living in Coos Bay with Al, when she was last seen. She had broken up with him and was on her way back to Missouri to be with her child when she disappeared.

I submitted Mary Ann last week to Doe Network. Is that the correct avenue to submit a match or do you have to email someone at NamUs? I've seen both routes in Websleuths but would appreciate everyone's guidance.

This looks like a very plausible possible. She has been submitted, and a NamUs casefile has been created for Ellen Louise McCollum-Drake

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37652/0

Until now, I had hidden the above post that Ellen's Niece wrote because she originally joined Websleuths using her real name as a monicker, and I didn't want everyone to look her up and try to contact her. I also wanted KLEE to have the chance to contact Ellen's family and get DNA samples (which they have done).

I am putting the following info up at the request of Ellen's Niece.

Ellen's Niece says that the Jan 1967 Date LKA is definitely too early. Ellen gave birth to a son in 1968, and the son was 1-2 years old when she was last seen. Ellen's Niece places the date LKA around 1970. She was about 19 years old when last seen.

Ellen's Niece was browsing the internet, and saw Deca's and EmmaliLucia's mention of Ellen's name. She saw my recon and showed it to her mother (Ellen's sister), and her mother said that the recon very strongly resembled Ellen. The family has very few photos of Ellen. The two below are of Ellen when she was about 15-16 , and at her wedding in 1967.

3075f5af-aeaa-406c-adab-ab1d3d1a08c9.jpg
7869434a-f43c-4b8e-b8d7-89a0ceca1ec8.jpg

Ellen's hair was dyed black in the B&W photo, and it was pulled up for her wedding. Ellen's Niece said that she dyed her hair frequently, but it was red at the time of her disappearance, and normally it was "kinky curly", but she might have straightened it.

Here's the kicker. Remember the ring with the letters AL scratched into it? She had a boyfriend by the name of AL. Ellen's NamUs page says she was last seen in Portland. However, Ellen's Niece says that she was living in Coos Bay with Al, when she was last seen. She had broken up with him and was on her way back to Missouri to be with her child when she disappeared.

Wow! That detail about the initial AL scratched in the ring matching a boyfriend's initials!

Wow. I would be curious to know about the isotopes showing a northeast connection. Was she ever there?

Wow. I would be curious to know about the isotopes showing a northeast connection. Was she ever there?

If you look at the map in the NCMEC video, the largest portion of red is in the Great Lakes area, but there is also a small red area in the Pacific Northwest.

I'm fairly certain Janet Kramer is alive, just no one updated her NamUs profile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back