"An American Murder Mystery" - Discovery ID 3 night series - 04.09 .- 11. 2017

Watching this series reminded me of one of the weirdest "mom" reactions that I had completely forgotten about, but it sadly explains a lot: The part when Cindy recalls Casey coming to her office one day and tells her she's pregnant and Cindy throws her arm around her and says you're going to be a great mom.

That entire story was a baldfaced lie so I don't think Cindy threw her arms around Casey and told her that she'll be a great mother and I don't think Casey went to her and told her that she was pregnant.

It figures that this dumb story came from someone who allegedly told Casey on numerous occasions that "even though Caylee was the best mistake she ever made, Caylee was still a mistake."

Cindy likes to pretend that her demon spawn loves her so she often makes very little sense.

Hi MsMarple, good post. I posted with you on Lonzie's case and will never forget little Lonzie, :(
Nice to see you here, :)

:seeya: Karinna! Yes, I remember. At least in Lonzie's case we got a little bit of justice with mom and her boyfriend behind bars for awhile. It's mind numbing that no one will ever pay for Caylee's murder. You got your Bella Vita, Casey - was it worth it?

iirc Dominic Casey also claimed in his affidavit that Casey's defense was funded by associates of el Chapo and that Casey tried to frame Roy Kronk in October 2008 which would be impossible because know one knew about Kronk until December 2008. So I don't think he's reliable.

Kronk first came across the remains in August. However, the responding officer apparently went to look, tripped and fell or something, then lectured Kronk over it.

It's a stretch, but I think it's conceivable that the Anthonys may have heard about this particular tip, seeing as how it was so close to their house. The police may have still been in communication with the Anthonys and stopping by to update them around that time as well.

Dominic Casey is a nut job though.

Kronk first came across the remains in August. However, the responding officer apparently went to look, tripped and fell or something, then lectured Kronk over it.

It's a stretch, but I think it's conceivable that the Anthonys may have heard about this particular tip, seeing as how it was so close to their house. The police may have still been in communication with the Anthonys and stopping by to update them around that time as well.

Dominic Casey is a nut job though.

I think they were out of town doing a Larry King interview, when Caylee's body was found. I could be wrong though.

IMO the problem with CA is she was enabled by her parents and treated like a child instead of an adult. Was it true she wanted a T.O.P. when pregnant, and her mother interfered with that?
CA was not ready to be a parent IMO. She didn't want a child and on some level blamed her mother for all of it, and then in the end took out her spiteful feelings on her mother and killed her child, knowing how loved little Caylee was as a first grandbaby.
And at the trial her father was the scapegoat for all of it, but didn't speak up and deny the sexual abuse allegations against him, and Cindy lied in court to save her daughter's behind. All JMO

Actually George did deny the allegations of sexual abuse against him. Ashton put him on the stand first thing and asked him point blank if he had ever sexually abused his daughter and he said no.

Anyway the jury was still titillated over Baez's crazy opening statement and high on the guilty vibes they felt that George was giving off (or just plain high.) So they had no choice but to come to the conclusion that he'd probably murdered Caylee.

IIRC, their reasoning revolved around the fact that he was being mean to Baez and he had the audacity to possibly lie about having an affair.

They also decided he was trying to nefariously frame his daughter by claiming her stinking car had a dead body in it (even though according to the defense it never had a dead body in it) but he was trying to frame her anyway by insinuating it or something.

Boy he lucked out that Casey left that bag of trash from Tony's apartment in the car right after Caylee died. Now he had an ingenious method of distracting from the fact that he really just strolled down the street with a double bagged Caylee and dumped her within walking distance of the house.

:seeya: Karinna! Yes, I remember. At least in Lonzie's case we got a little bit of justice with mom and her boyfriend behind bars for awhile. It's mind numbing that no one will ever pay for Caylee's murder. You got your Bella Vita, Casey - was it worth it?

Yes exactly. I just can't fathom the mindset of these so called mothers? It truly is mindboggling.
If they don't want the responsibility of raising their beautiful babies why don't they just hand them to someone that will love them and care for them? I know CA & LLB could of given their children over to the grandparents. It's just crazy IMO. There are always alternatives rather than placing a little one at risk.

Actually George did deny the allegations of sexual abuse against him, but the jury was high on the guilty vibes they felt he was giving off or just plain high and they came to the conclusion that he'd probably murdered Caylee since he was being mean to Baez and had the audacity to possibly lie about having an affair.

Ok. thanks for the clarification. It has been a long time :)

I think they were out of town doing a Larry King interview, when Caylee's body was found. I could be wrong though.

They were.

I was referring to the first time that Kronk came across Caylee's remains back in August.

Kronk called the police a second time in December.

So I watched the series. Not much new really. But I will never understand how she got off.
Casey is a vicious lying murdering psychopath.
How she could do that to her daddy is beyond me.
The 911 call where Cindy stated that when they got the car out of impound "When we found our daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" spoke volumes.
HER parents KNEW their daughter killed that baby.
The smell of decomp was overpowering and a unique smell.
A seasoned investigator or medical worker knows that smell immediately.

So here is where it gets scary for me as a grandmother.
Their daughter basically ups and leaves after living with them all that time. Missing for 31 days and no one asks the obvious question? Where's little CA?
They don't immediately hem Casey up in a corner and demand to see their grandbaby? After 2 days being gone they should have been asking.
How long did she drive around with that precious baby's body in her car to get the smell and stain THAT imbedded into the car and trunk? It had to be for a week at least.

Did no one notice a smell coming from her car in parking lots and such?
Something that bothered me during the show was they kept referring to multiple bags at the crime scene. Was CA actually in pieces? I can't remember that from before and during the trial.
Why did the grandparents NEVER meet this Zanny the Nanny?
I'm rewatching it now to add some further questions and observations. But for now these are some I have,
I know everything they say is a lie now.
But I do think Casey had been drugging her daughter for some time to keep her unconscious while she partied. It was a normal thing for her to do. I think Zanny was actually Xanax.
I do think she drugged her with some heavy meds and taped her mouth shut to keep her from making noise if she woke up while Casey partied. Only this time she put it on too tight. She smothered her while she lay unconscious in the trunk of her car. It was the summer and hot in Florida. I think CA passed out from partying and only realized too late that her baby girl was left all night and possibly a day in the trunk due to intoxication or being on drugs. When she realized it she had to think up something quick. That's when she stopped living at home. She disposed of her body after a few days near her home possibly because it was familiar to her and partially because she could keep an eye on the area easily.
She dumped her like trash.
She didn't want to be a mother anymore. She wanted to go out and be reckless and have fun without being tied down with a child. So whether she meant to kill her that night or not, I don't think she really cared. Her main mission at that point was to enjoy the time without her noose around her neck and that included her child and her parents.
Did she really think people would buy the kidnapping story?
Dragging all of LE around trying to pull off her lie just astounds me.
BUT I do truly think the parents knew she was missing almost immediately. They had to have known.
The part they don't want to admit is their daughter is a complete monster.
There is no hope for Casey ever being a normal caring individual.
She is dangerous imho.
I am not going to blame her parents for her behavior. Some people are just born bad seeds imho.
Not saying that her parents are sane by any means but they aren't on Casey's level of bat **** crazy.
Dealing with a daughter that is crazy like that will drive you totally insane.
A parent of a child like this handles their kids the best they can.
I can totally see Cindy loosing her mind with Casey all the time. She probably pushed her mother to that point on purpose just to get her mad and get a kick out of it.
Didn't her parents notice that Casey didn't have any income coming in? For an extended period of time way before her daughter went missing?
What job allows you to come and go when you want to anyway?

She should be in a locked institution for the remainder of her life. God forbid she has another child!

The jury was made up of idiots. Period.
I do not feel sorry for the parents by any means. They lied for Casey knowing she killed that precious child.
I know I wouldn't lie for mine if I was in that situation. I'd help the prosecution to be honest.
She made a comment in one of her talks with her parents in jail.
When asked where she thinks she is, Casey states she thinks she is close by and ok.
She was close by all along. and I think she said she was "ok" because she knew she was in heaven and not in any danger.
I don't think the parents had anything to do with the death of Caylee or disposing of her body. But I do think they knew she was dead and it happened at the hands of her own mother.
Why they protected Casey I will personally NEVER understand.
UGH. Why doesn't Casey just tell the truth now? Nothing can be done anyway.

I'll see if I can answer some of this a little bit, I quoted your original post but don't know how to break it into sections, so I'm going to copy/paste here, your questions in quotes and italics, my answers below in bold:

"Their daughter basically ups and leaves after living with them all that time. Missing for 31 days and no one asks the obvious question? Where's little CA?
They don't immediately hem Casey up in a corner and demand to see their grandbaby? After 2 days being gone they should have been asking."

They did ask where she was, every single of those 31 days. Cindy was in constant phone contact with Casey, who continually spun lie after lie, story after story. She said she was in Bush Gardens for a few days, she said she went to see her friend Jeffrey for a few days in Tampa, this went on for a month. At one point,
she did come home and George caught her, and that was the infamous "here's your effing gas cans!" incident. But for sure, they did ask every day where Caylee was. It wasn't until they picked up the car on the 31st day that they finally decided to do something about it.

"How long did she drive around with that precious baby's body in her car to get the smell and stain THAT imbedded into the car and trunk? It had to be for a week at least. Did no one notice a smell coming from her car in parking lots and such?"
She drove around with Caylee in the trunk for 5 days, from the day of the death until she dumped the car at the Amscot and abandoned it. She, herself, DID notice the smell, that's why she texted her friend Amy and told her that her dad had hit a squirrel and the car smelled from like dead animal. Cover story. Eventually she couldn't take the smell herself, and then abandoned it at the Amscot. It was towed from there a few days later. The tow truck driver said that he'd been sick and had a bad cold and didn't really notice the smell. But George did, as soon as he picked the car up. Upon finding the bag of trash in the trunk,
he at first attributed the smell to that.

"Something that bothered me during the show was they kept referring to multiple bags at the crime scene. Was CA actually in pieces? I can't remember that from before and during the trial. "
She was actually in pieces. The multiple bags is that she was wrapped in a Winnie the Pooh blanket, then put into a canvas laundry bag, then two garbage bags over that. Animals had drug her little body around the area and bones were found in several places

"Why did the grandparents NEVER meet this Zanny the Nanny? "
The simple answer is, because you can't meet a non-existent person. The complicated answer is because they just didn't press it hard enough. Cindy THOUGHT she had a phone number for Zanny, and Cindy THOUGHT Casey had gotten a flat iron from Zanny, but that was all it took to convince Cindy for 2 years that she was a real person.

"I think CA passed out from partying and only realized too late that her baby girl was left all night and possibly a day in the trunk due to intoxication or being on drugs. When she realized it she had to think up something quick. That's when she stopped living at home."
Remember that George had seen Casey and Caylee leave the house together around noon/1pm on the Monday after Father's Day, and by that afternoon,
Casey was on video with Tony at the Blockbuster. Also, her cell phone shows a massive flurry of activity just before 4pm, unanswered calls to both George and Cindy. It was some time during these couple of hours or so that the baby died. So Casey wasn't passed out from partying and she most certainly didn't do it by accident. I'll never be convinced it was anything other than a rage induced pre meditated murder

Wait, I really should have revised that, about how long she drove with the baby in the trunk. I didn't mean the baby was in the trunk for 5 days, just that the smell was so bad after 5 days that she had to dump the car. I think we all concluded at the time that Casey dumped the trashbags with Caylee in them in the swamp after about 2 days. Does anyone else recall that? A day and a half? I can't remember now.

These are reasons I don't understand why jury's by peers are allowed. People who may not understand the law or simply don't care about it...

I'll see if I can answer some of this a little bit, I quoted your original post but don't know how to break it into sections, so I'm going to copy/paste here, your questions in quotes and italics, my answers below in bold:

"Their daughter basically ups and leaves after living with them all that time. Missing for 31 days and no one asks the obvious question? Where's little CA?
They don't immediately hem Casey up in a corner and demand to see their grandbaby? After 2 days being gone they should have been asking."

They did ask where she was, every single of those 31 days. Cindy was in constant phone contact with Casey, who continually spun lie after lie, story after story. She said she was in Bush Gardens for a few days, she said she went to see her friend Jeffrey for a few days in Tampa, this went on for a month. At one point,
she did come home and George caught her, and that was the infamous "here's your effing gas cans!" incident. But for sure, they did ask every day where Caylee was. It wasn't until they picked up the car on the 31st day that they finally decided to do something about it.

"How long did she drive around with that precious baby's body in her car to get the smell and stain THAT imbedded into the car and trunk? It had to be for a week at least. Did no one notice a smell coming from her car in parking lots and such?"
She drove around with Caylee in the trunk for 5 days, from the day of the death until she dumped the car at the Amscot and abandoned it. She, herself, DID notice the smell, that's why she texted her friend Amy and told her that her dad had hit a squirrel and the car smelled from like dead animal. Cover story. Eventually she couldn't take the smell herself, and then abandoned it at the Amscot. It was towed from there a few days later. The tow truck driver said that he'd been sick and had a bad cold and didn't really notice the smell. But George did, as soon as he picked the car up. Upon finding the bag of trash in the trunk,
he at first attributed the smell to that.

"Something that bothered me during the show was they kept referring to multiple bags at the crime scene. Was CA actually in pieces? I can't remember that from before and during the trial. "
She was actually in pieces. The multiple bags is that she was wrapped in a Winnie the Pooh blanket, then put into a canvas laundry bag, then two garbage bags over that. Animals had drug her little body around the area and bones were found in several places

"Why did the grandparents NEVER meet this Zanny the Nanny? "
The simple answer is, because you can't meet a non-existent person. The complicated answer is because they just didn't press it hard enough. Cindy THOUGHT she had a phone number for Zanny, and Cindy THOUGHT Casey had gotten a flat iron from Zanny, but that was all it took to convince Cindy for 2 years that she was a real person.

"I think CA passed out from partying and only realized too late that her baby girl was left all night and possibly a day in the trunk due to intoxication or being on drugs. When she realized it she had to think up something quick. That's when she stopped living at home."
Remember that George had seen Casey and Caylee leave the house together around noon/1pm on the Monday after Father's Day, and by that afternoon,
Casey was on video with Tony at the Blockbuster. Also, her cell phone shows a massive flurry of activity just before 4pm, unanswered calls to both George and Cindy. It was some time during these couple of hours or so that the baby died. So Casey wasn't passed out from partying and she most certainly didn't do it by accident. I'll never be convinced it was anything other than a rage induced pre meditated murder

Thank you soooo much for reminding me of those facts!:tyou:
I forgot so much of that!
The only thing is I have a hard time believing anything that comes out of any of the Anthony's mouths.
I wonder if during those flurry of calls she was trying to get her parents to babysit Caylee so she could go out that night and they had put their feet down and refused to keep her so she wouldn't go out. She lost her temper and took it out on Caylee. Maybe that's when she purposefully chloroformed her and taped her mouth (and nose) shut to keep her from making any noises if she woke up. I think she had BEEN possibly doing this routinely with her when her parents wouldn't babysit or she was stuck without child care so she could go out. This time she over did it being aggressive to Caylee and got over zealous with the taping of her face. She was basically mad at Caylee for being in the way of her going out and partying. If this is what she had in fact been doing for a while, then each time could've ended in death. Premeditated. Maybe when she was seen at blockbuster she wasn't too stressed because at the time she thought Caylee would wake up later as she always had before.
These kids seriously put all of these boyfriends above their child. They are so much more important than the welfare of their kids. They will let ANYONE keep them as long as they get to have their fun.
I went through months of hell with mine and my granddaughter was left in questionable circumstances but I did have inside info of what was going on thankfully. The police's hands were tied and so was DFACS. They were very aware of the situation though and it was a stressful few months. Thankfully daughter and granddaughter are back with us and she is happy and healthy now. It took some time though to get my little grandbaby feeling secure which left me obviously wondering what she had been through. Some guy was way more important than my granddaughter and she was bounced all over the place the entire time. When all my daughter had to do was just leave her with us and go do her thing. My granddaughter was born very sick too and wasn't getting proper care during the time she was gone. So I do know how these girls will treat their child. I don't think I slept any of those months. This case was the one that haunted me.
My daughter is mentally ill and I see a lot if Casey's behavior in my daughter. I knew from an early age something wasn't right. I sought help immediately. Even with all the help, medication and counseling and doctors..... it is still a constant unstable situation. You never know when she's going to wake up and be off on a wild streak. The lying etc is always an obstacle too.
I pray every day this doesn't happen again to my granddaughter and family.
I will tell you this... when she wants a babysitter I never ask questions. There's been weeks she's basically with us 24/7 which is fine as long as she is safe. My daughter is a handful and I love her but I have my limits and we've came to a meeting of the minds regarding this.
Certain things are priority and that's her daughter's safety and health.
But CA deserved LWOP or death sentence. She's guilty as heck and regardless of what the jury decided, the public knows the truth. She's an animal.
So when I say that I wouldn't protect my child if she had committed this crime, I've given a ton of thought to it.
The thing is I was a young mother and I never acted like these kids do now a days. I fear it is only going to get worse in the years to come. It's the "me" generation.
As you explained about the smell being explained early on by Casey that also shows she was thinking ahead and covering her tracks and trying to get witnesses to these things. She knew she would eventually need to explain herself and what happened. It still chills me to the bone.

Wait, I really should have revised that, about how long she drove with the baby in the trunk. I didn't mean the baby was in the trunk for 5 days, just that the smell was so bad after 5 days that she had to dump the car. I think we all concluded at the time that Casey dumped the trashbags with Caylee in them in the swamp after about 2 days. Does anyone else recall that? A day and a half? I can't remember now.
And if you add in the time of year and it being in Florida....that would speed up decomp.
:(

I completely agree that Cindy thinks her daughter loves, respects and is appreciative of everything her parents did for her.

But I can see the truth in Cindy openly welcoming this pregnancy. Whether it was an office visit by Casey, or a relative telling Cindy her daughter looked pregnant, the outcome is the same -- no one in authority in that family questioned the paternity, talked about logistics, insurance, daycare, nothing. They just swept it under the rug. Don't ask questions, don't rock the boat. Those parents were not in control, and Casey did not fear (respect wise) them.

And I've never believed the bs about Casey telling someone it was her mom's idea to keep her from adoption. Classic bullcrap from an f'ed up child, imo.

I completely agree that Cindy thinks her daughter loves, respects and is appreciative of everything her parents did for her.

But I can see the truth in Cindy openly welcoming this pregnancy. Whether it was an office visit by Casey, or a relative telling Cindy her daughter looked pregnant, the outcome is the same -- no one in authority in that family questioned the paternity, talked about logistics, insurance, daycare, nothing. They just swept it under the rug. Don't ask questions, don't rock the boat. Those parents were not in control, and Casey did not fear (respect wise) them.

And I've never believed the bs about Casey telling someone it was her mom's idea to keep her from adoption. Classic bullcrap from an f'ed up child, imo.

I think Kiomarie Cruz claimed during her police interview that Casey had discussed letting her adopt the child after it was born, but Cindy stopped that.

Kiomarie did sell out to the Enquirer, but she had a number of interesting things to say.

She was the one who directed the police to look around Suburban and their old pet cemetary where the body was later found.

According to Tracy and Rob, Casey had somehow got wind of this and one day in the car on the way to Baez's office, she claimed that "she wanted them to dig up some dirt on Kiomarie. Kiomarie was suspicious and Kiomarie was claiming they were friends when Casey didn't even like her" etc.

I think KioMarie's pet cemetary tip caused Casey some anxiety and she was already looking for ways to discredit her/blame her somehow for Caylee's death if the police acted on it and Caylee's body had been found back in August.

I get the feeling that the evidence WOULD NOT have pointed to an accidental drowning. IMO, what the police would have found was a decomposing child with duct tape over her nose and mouth and that one stray piece binding her hands.

IMO, that's why Casey started off with the kidnapping story. She had no choice because she knew the evidence would have clearly pointed to murder or felony murder.

When it took Caylee's remains six months to be discovered, it gave her more leeway.

These are reasons I don't understand why jury's by peers are allowed. People who may not understand the law or simply don't care about it...

ITA. I think high profile murder cases should be tried by a panel of judges, or at least a somewhat professional jury that have some grasp on what their instructions actually mean. All IMO.

***snipped by me***

But I do think Casey had been drugging her daughter for some time to keep her unconscious while she partied. It was a normal thing for her to do. I think Zanny was actually Xanax.
I do think she drugged her with some heavy meds and taped her mouth shut to keep her from making noise if she woke up while Casey partied. Only this time she put it on too tight. She smothered her while she lay unconscious in the trunk of her car. It was the summer and hot in Florida. I think CA passed out from partying and only realized too late that her baby girl was left all night and possibly a day in the trunk due to intoxication or being on drugs. When she realized it she had to think up something quick. That's when she stopped living at home. She disposed of her body after a few days near her home possibly because it was familiar to her and partially because she could keep an eye on the area easily.

***snipped by me***

BBM

I've got a few questions for those of you who believe xanax/drugging were responsible for Caylee's death, or that the trunk was a babysitter, and then I promise I will leave it alone... After (painstakingly) going through all of fca's communications, and there were a ton (if the girl was awake she was active on one source or another), sleuthers were able to line up all her conversations (instant messages, texts, social media sites, etc) with her pings, her friends devices, photos, comments made by ca's co-workers, etc, etc, etc, and after putting all these together a very clear picture was painted of the days and weeks leading up to, and after, the murder...There are individual threads dedicated to this, including ones that broke down each day, it's quite fascinating really. A lot of theories I had early on were busted by these communications.... I don't see anything that makes me believe fca used drugs as a substitute for a babysitter or that Caylee's death was related to an accidental drugging... Caylee's whereabouts were usually accounted for, and she was with fca or ca & ga... Most of the time it was with fca. Ca didn't watch her as much as she led on to either and when she did watch her she demanded fca be home early, or as soon as her phony shift ended. She never allowed fca to go out socially or come and go like she said at trial... All lies. Point being, she was usually at home with fca (according to her communications)... I believe her death was 1st degree murder, the reason being is that fca wanted to be free from motherhood and free of ca's control.... What do you see differently in the evidence that leads you to believe it was related to drugs or an accident related to drugs? And if that's your theory, what do you think the fool-proof suffocation search was about?... I'm totally not being snarky, I'm curious... I don't put drugging past fca, not at all, I don't put anything past her, it's just that the evidence led me to think it was something else...

All jmo.

For me, it's because there seemed to be a lot of social chit/chit going on back in the day about Xanax (can't remember the details, thought it was mentioned in Casey's emails or something), the dark circles under Caylee's eyes, Zanny the Nanny, the chloroform search, and her party lifestyle. Where was Caylee if she wasn't with CA, and FCA was out partying? But I'm not privy to all the info you mentioned, so you could be 100% correct. I flip-flop back and forth between 1st degree murder and 2nd degree or aggravated manslaughter. Then there are the neck-breaking and foolproof suffocation searches. You're probably right. Is it true the prosecution didn't have the suffocation search at the time of the trial?

ITA. I think high profile murder cases should be tried by a panel of judges, or at least a somewhat professional jury that have some grasp on what their instructions actually mean. All IMO.

Totally agree!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back