IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, because a rational and logical person would expect to find RL's DNA all over his own property it's much different than if it was a neighbor or a stranger. I think DNA is important but it's not everything LE needs to make an arrest, IMO.

I am not in the head of the LEO who made that statement, but if you watch Doug Carter on 2/15 he said it will take time and he said they will not give up. I believe him. Whether it turns out to be RL or someone we've never heard of who killed Abby and Libby, it's going to take as long as it takes, IMO.

Assuming that you are still confident that RL is their man, I am curious why the ISP officer would make the comment about optimism not being real high? I could see a more evasive response, or even a "we're making progress", but it doesn't sound to me like they are very optimistic at this point, and if they were fairly certain RL was their man, he's already incarcerated, so they don't need to be overly coy if they're simply waiting on the lab results to charge him. Just curious why you think LE would make that statement if they were on the verge of bringing the hammer down?

Maybe we can get past the "they know who it is, he's sitting in jail for violating probation while they build a case" and work on who BG really is.

moo

Bumping my own post to clarify. I did not make this statement because of my personal opinion regarding RL.

It was made based on the very recent interview with Capt. Bursten where he admitted "optimism isn't very high".

Agreed. IMO they aren't releasing any more info because they don't need the advice they would receive. They had a photo and a voice and it yielded nothing so where do you go from there? JMO

Threads back when they got the SW for RL I figured LE was out of steam so they went back to the beginning to investigate. MOO

How do you know it yielded nothing? Unless someone is involved in the murder investigation, no one can say it yielded nothing, IMO. No one in LE has ever said BG has not been identified. If I'm mistaken in that view I'd appreciate a citation showing otherwise. TIA

I do wonder if the "optimism isn't high" comment is because LE thinks the killer is long gone and out of state. If it's a SK, then he could be in any state by now of course and much harder to find.

Also, I hope RL doesn't get discouraged and harm himself in some way in jail. In many ways he's been made the face of this case for whatever reason. That's a huge burden to carry. (And no, for those rolling their eyes, I'm not taking up for a drinker. But the drinking violations are a totally separate case.)

Jmo
They have no idea who the guy is.
I don't think they have dna.
I don't think that at all. I think they do know, but without having a missing link they can't just go arrest him.they have to have the piece that puts him there, and he's very cautious and being very careful. They have to wait for what it is they are waiting on. I think he knows they are"on to him and I wouldn't doubt that he doesn't make a foolish move. .. Just have Faith.... It will be dealt with... MOO.... remember my opinion only.. Keep the faith and hope,I know it's hard after all this time.. But, there is a rainbow at the end... [emoji72] [emoji72] [emoji72] [emoji72] [emoji56] [emoji56] [emoji56] [emoji56] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji175] [emoji176] [emoji173] [emoji180] [emoji179] [emoji178] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304]

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I think "optimism isn't high" LIKELY refers to not being able to ID the perp.

It could also refer to believing they know who the perp(s) is/are, but their lack of optimism about being able to recover enough evidence to charge him. (And no, I am not just talking about RL. I am talking about anyone they did SW on.) If they've done these 15+ SW and run DNA and didn't come up with anything, there's not a huge chance more evidence will turn up a year from now, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a very sad case. Have been reading on & off, and praying LE get the break in this case they need very soon. Otherwise there is a child murderer out on the loose, and that's a scary thought.
Wondering if the girls had ever come across the killer/s before? Wonder if there was more than one?
Moo.... Only one, and yes they are familiar with him.... Moo....

Various posts have mentioned an article or articles quoting searcher JL, who said police had briefly questioned him and examined his phone early in the investigation. JL's quotes in the article were drawn from a newscast video, and some posters said JL's voice in the video reminded them of the "down the hill" audio, but that his appearance was later excised from the newscast. However, the video and voice are still available. Go to the page below, click on the video that appears (mostly about the Bicycle Bridge Road search), then look for the associated videos that appear below the main one. Click on the video titled "Tips flood in for Delphi investigation" to hear the JL interview starting around 01:00:

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-set-up-new-number-for-delphi-murder-tips
Yep.... Right on track... Good work.. MOO

The only way I can glean any hope by what LE are and aren't saying is to consider that maybe they have a POI from tips who they may be surveilling and simply don't have any(or enough) evidence on them yet. We still have to remember that a)they have received over 16,000 tips, and b)the perpetrator(s) probably won't confess, likely has a decent alibi(somebody lying ?), and may not seem(to those who know them) like someone capable of this particular type of crime. Maybe they have some criminal history. Maybe even violence or murder, but never toward children before. When ISP solidly refer to this as a "complex" case, even with FBI standing next to them, I have to believe that it is, indeed, complex. Outside the normal formula, profiling, etc, that LE use to solve cases. I believe that if/when this person is caught, there may be some surprise as to his/their identity. I also believe that there is a possibility that it may take a very long time, and that they may even never be charged. I tend to believe this an older(LE has said BG is "middle-aged", which is approximately 45-65), seasoned, career criminal. Those folks tend to know as much, and sometimes more, about police procedure and covering their tracks, than all but the most seasoned and experienced LEO's. I hope I am wrong.
Keep this Faith... Your right" on track... MOO.. POI, surveillance..... I think you are putting it all together... Good thinking. MOO.

I hope they've checked into any hired hands working in the area, outside contractors/crews, cemetery caretakers, whoever keeps those trails in shape, etc. I hope they've sent info along w/those images out to trucking companies too. I don't want to be, but I'm feeling somewhat discouraged now.

JMO
Moo is cemetery... Moo

I do wonder if the "optimism isn't high" comment is because LE thinks the killer is long gone and out of state. If it's a SK, then he could be in any state by now of course and much harder to find.

Also, I hope RL doesn't get discouraged and harm himself in some way in jail. In many ways he's been made the face of this case for whatever reason. That's a huge burden to carry. (And no, for those rolling their eyes, I'm not taking up for a drinker. But the drinking violations are a totally separate case.)
Exactly. The drinking violations and probation violations are totally separate and that is why RL is sitting in jail.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is JL the volunteer searcher who literally found the girls? I know there was a local volunteer who was not LE who found them on the 14th. And was this volunteer by himself or with a group of people when the girls were found?

If you're referring to a YT video would you mind at least saying that in your opinion is why? Otherwise it sounds like you have inside knowledge. Cryptic=confusing :thinking: Or at least for me anyway.
I'm not trying to confuse anyone. No yt video. Sorry if I'm confusing you.. There is always a calm before the storm. And things will get better.. MOO.. Sorry if I'm confusing you. <modsnip> I'm sorry if I have confused you.. Just hang in there. They rainbow will come.. Keep Faith and hope... MOO MOO my opinion only..

I'm not sure it "yielded nothing". They could have received tips leading them directly to BG, but still may have to gather the evidence needed to file charges. I think whoever did this likely covered their tracks fairly well. If so, it will take a serious effort and amount of time before we see an arrest, and they won't say they have a suspect until they make an arrest, IMO.

Agreed. IMO they aren't releasing any more info because they don't need the advice they would receive. They had a photo and a voice and it yielded nothing so where do you go from there? JMO

Threads back when they got the SW for RL I figured LE was out of steam so they went back to the beginning to investigate. MOO

I would like to hear from those who do think they have their guy sitting in jail.
Of course I am on the :ignore:eek:f some but I sincerely would like to hear how they interpret the sentiment.
MOO. They have radar" on him. They are missing one thing and they will soon get it... MOO please remember my opinion only.... [emoji108]

I don't think that at all. I think they do know, but without having a missing link they can't just go arrest him.they have to have the piece that puts him there, and he's very cautious and being very careful. They have to wait for what it is they are waiting on. I think he knows they are"on to him and I wouldn't doubt that he doesn't make a foolish move. .. Just have Faith.... It will be dealt with... MOO.... remember my opinion only.. Keep the faith and hope,I know it's hard after all this time.. But, there is a rainbow at the end... [emoji72] [emoji72] [emoji72] [emoji72] [emoji56] [emoji56] [emoji56] [emoji56] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji130] [emoji175] [emoji176] [emoji173] [emoji180] [emoji179] [emoji178] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304] [emoji304]

............ SEE BELOW&#10549;

&#128149;I love your Optimism, Floridian!!! Stay with us!!!!! Keep posting!!!!! Ember&#128149;

Whiskers, I agree 100% except the sk being long gone.. I believe he's close very close and if he gets spooked he will hide or commit suicide.. Everything you said about RL agree 100% once this is all over, I hope everyone involved can find some peace.. My heart hurts for every single person involved, even the falsely accused... My opinion only.. MOO

Just in general, I found this article interesting.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-02-08/serial-killers-should-fear-this-algorithm

It may be a SA-motivated SK. I've pretty much rejected SA due to where my opinions take me but I'd never say it positively never happened because I don't know the people or the facts. I don't see how anyone can say that even about a person they do know because you never know. The guy I knew involved in CP never gave a hint, and he'd be low on my list if anyone had asked me for top 20 list of people I knew who'd be likely to have CP fetishes. You never know someone or what they're capable of, IMO.

I don't think it's a SK but it may be. I would be surprised if SA was involved but not shocked. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a local or a stranger because my opinions are only based on the fraction of information I do have, Never say never, IMO.

I think "optimism isn't high" LIKELY refers to not being able to ID the perp.

It could also refer to believing they know who the perp(s) is/are, but their lack of optimism about being able to recover enough evidence to charge him. (And no, I am not just talking about RL. I am talking about anyone they did SW on.) If they've done these 15+ SW and run DNA and didn't come up with anything, there's not a huge chance more evidence will turn up a year from now, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I believe. %100.. Not enough yet. They know who it is, where he is at.. And they are waiting for him to slip.. That's my opinon... MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member