Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/semaj-crosby

2i1zias.png

Hmmm that makes me wonder who is reporting her. Especially since the worker had just been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We might be thinking along the same lines. Two unfounded previous dfs reports, a visit yesterday where the dcfs caseworker found no concerns and suddenly this child goes missing? I know dcfs does not report back to the reporting person, but in this case if it was someone in the inner circle who didn't like what the case worker was doing, perhaps the person reporting kidnapped the child. I sure hope LE has access to the names of the person(s) who did the report get and has interviewed and searched their property.

It was quite aways for a toddler to navigate out the backyard, around numerous fenced yards (front and back yards fenced in) and approximately 1 to 2 blocks to a pond, unnoticed on a warm afternoon with a school nearby. Parents would notice a lone toddler while getting their kids from aftercare at the school. I wonder, is there any extended family who are trying to take the kids away from mom? Something is hinky about multiple unfounded reports of neglect. I'd be looking in that direction, especially since we have passed the 24 hour mark.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/1-year-old-girl-missing-from-joliet-township/1917781/

According to the video at the above link, Semaj was last seen at 6:30 pm, and not reported missing for two hours. I don't think I would have waited more than 15 min to contact LE. She's 16 months old fgs! That was way too long to wait to report her missing.

I find it odd there has been no information on how many adults were there when she went missing.

I hope the school surveillance shows something. Aftercare usually ends by 6pm, so that rules out her possibly being spotted by a parent near the school, if that 6:30 time is accurate.

Why would the FBI be involved, is that normal?

Why would the FBI be involved, is that normal?

Yes, FBI being involved is normal. The protocol for missing children assumes they have been taken across state lines which gives FBI jurisdiction.

No word on what the bloodhounds might have picked up, another thing they are keeping close to the vest.

Makes me wonder why, after a DFS employee had just left the house investigating suspected neglect, why would someone IMMEDIATELY neglect their child leaving said child unsupervised? Let alone the fact that the child in question is a baby baby/toddler, presumably into everything. At that age, my kids could not be left alone for a split second-I even had to bring them into the bathroom with me when need be. The timing of this is peculiar, to say the least. I can only speak for myself, but if a state official had just left my house investigating child neglect, I would be on pins and needles for some time after the fact, being extra cautious with my children/parenting. This gives me the same vibes as Malik Drummond's case, out of Search, AR. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Hmmm that makes me wonder who is reporting her. Especially since the worker had just been there.

How does this remind you of Malik's case? As far as we know there are no new significant others for either of Semaj's parents. No custody and or visitation issues that we know of in this case. From what I can gather Semaj is in a two parent home. I'm basing that on msm referring to the Crosby home and Semaj having a different last name than her mom. Aside from the report of the child being there one minute and being gone the next, I don't see any other similarity.

Makes me wonder why, after a DFS employee had just left the house investigating suspected neglect, why would someone IMMEDIATELY neglect their child leaving said child unsupervised? Let alone the fact that the child in question is a baby baby/toddler, presumably into everything. At that age, my kids could not be left alone for a split second-I even had to bring them into the bathroom with me when need be. The timing of this is peculiar, to say the least. I can only speak for myself, but if a state official had just left my house investigating child neglect, I would be on pins and needles for some time after the fact, being extra cautious with my children/parenting. This gives me the same vibes as Malik Drummond's case, out of Search, AR. I sure hope I'm wrong.

This is awful. Our best case scenario is that she is safe with some misguided person thinking they are "saving' her. She is a darling little girl.

"I know dcfs does not report back to the reporting person, but in this case if it was someone in the inner circle who didn't like what the case worker was doing, perhaps the person reporting kidnapped the child. I sure hope LE has access to the names of the person(s) who did the report get and has interviewed and searched their property."

RSBM

I don't know how it works in other states, specifically in IL, but in here in California I do receive reports back from DCFS. If they found nothing, I receive a paper that says my report was unfounded. Unfortunately, I've had to report several cases. Each time I make a report I HAVE to provide my name. When I was living in Michigan I was told that my report would not be taken seriously if I reported it anonymously. I don't know how true that is. I completely understand why someone would want to make an anonymous report.

I was just wondering if it was the same person reporting or multiple persons reporting. I have never had to report anyone.

I pray they find her soon. Ithe is supposed to get down to 49 tonight and we are expecting heavy rain and t-storms. Could have several inches of rain by the end of the weekend.

it's been too long already

I'm worried about all those nearby ponds

I would like to know the ages of the other children she was playing with. Also, if there were any adults outside watching the kids play or if it was a mix of older kids playing with the baby.

Not seeing much on our 9pm news that we haven't already learned, other than there was a 911 hang up call made from the Crosby home on Easter.

3.79 inches of rain expected between now and Sunday for Joliet.

It reminds me of Malik's case in that there was a significant lapse of time between when the child went missing and when the child was reported missing. Also resembling Malik's case, there were other children present at the time of the child's disappearance, as well as conflicting stories, as one of the links provided upthread mentioned. Both cases involve very young children that seemingly vanished, with extensive searches taking place immediately after being reported missing; searches that yield no child, and no/few clues. Also, as with Malik's case, both families had previous encounters with DCFS which were determined to be unfounded.

How does this remind you of Malik's case? As far as we know there are no new significant others for either of Semaj's parents. No custody and or visitation issues that we know of in this case. From what I can gather Semaj is in a two parent home. I'm basing that on msm referring to the Crosby home and Semaj having a different last name than her mom. Aside from the report of the child being there one minute and being gone the next, I don't see any other similarity.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back