United Kingdom Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. Tricia (Websleuths owner) has been approached by a British TV company who are making a documentary about people like us! See message and link to thread below, would be great if we can help out:

Hello WebSleuths. I’m a Producer and film-maker working for a UK Production Company called Hungry Bear Media. I’ve been studying your forums for a couple of months now and have been blown away by the dedication and attention to detail demonstrated to help solve crimes.

I’m developing a documentary series all about the remarkable work you guys do - everything from sharing evidence, holding media to account, creating extensive crime maps and debating theories. I’ve been in touch with a few of you already who have been very helpful, but am looking to hear from more UK-based users of WebSleuths to get your insight on some British cases.

I’m keen to hear what has drawn you to Web Sleuths. What cases have got you must stumped? What’s the biggest discovery or break-thru you’ve made? Are there users you communicate with a lot? Would you, or have you, ever visited old crime scenes to investigate first-hand?

If you’re interested in being involved, whether that be on camera or helping me find about more about Web Sleuths or would simply like to talk about what you do, please get in touch.

My e-mail address is bob.fletcher@hungrybear.tv

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?335946-British-Producer-Seeks-Websleuths-Members

I'm not sure where the apprpriate place would be to post this, but you may remember that last year we had a thread for Patrick Aspbury, who went missing? I think his thread was deleted by the mods after he was located, but sadly he has now been killed by a train: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...band-member-dies-aged-23-near-Essex-home.html

Oh that is so very sad.

I wasn't on here last year and didn't know he had been missing previously, but I have The Choirboys' album. They covered Clapton's 'Tears In Heaven', which suddenly becomes incredibly poignant. :(

Is there a thread for the Alice Ruggles case currently being tried in Newcastle?

Hi all. I know this is a "no discussion" thread, but....

Some of you will know los2188 sadly passed away recently. Although Carlos lived in the US he was absolutely brilliant at finding UK cases and starting new threads while we were still fast asleep. He will be really missed and we'll have to try extra hard to keep our new cases and this index up to date. I know I bang on about this sometimes but it's too easy for our few cases to get lost in the hundreds of US threads (and I, for one, HATE missing out!)

So, if you start a new thread please add it here, likewise if you see an older case that is not already listed or one that is going to trial or for whatever reason needs a heads up. It's the easiest way of getting more traffic as a lot of UK members are subscribed here and therefore get notified when a new case is posted.

In other news, congrats to mazblondie for becoming a mod, been ages since we had a UK based one!

Hi all. I know this is a "no discussion" thread, but....

Some of you will know los2188 sadly passed away recently. Although Carlos lived in the US he was absolutely brilliant at finding UK cases and starting new threads while we were still fast asleep. He will be really missed and we'll have to try extra hard to keep our new cases and this index up to date. I know I bang on about this sometimes but it's too easy for our few cases to get lost in the hundreds of US threads (and I, for one, HATE missing out!)

So, if you start a new thread please add it here, likewise if you see an older case that is not already listed or one that is going to trial or for whatever reason needs a heads up. It's the easiest way of getting more traffic as a lot of UK members are subscribed here and therefore get notified when a new case is posted.

In other news, congrats to mazblondie for becoming a mod, been ages since we had a UK based one!

Thanks for the welcome. Its nice to be aboard.

Is there a thread for the Alice Ruggles case currently being tried in Newcastle?
Only just today heard about this, don't think there's a thread but, from what little I have read, sounds like another Shana Grice :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members