IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the program that just aired will bring in the tip that's needed.

I love this idea - what a wonderful way to honor and remember the girls.

Saving Abel will headline a benefit concert to raise money for a sports complex being built in Delphi in memory of murdered teens Abigail "Abby" Williams and Liberty "Libby" German.

[snipped]

The sports complex will consist of "a couple of softball fields and a park" and will feature areas where kids and their families can enjoy sports, the arts and each other.

"We want to give back to the community and the nation that has been so good to us," said Mike Patty, Liberty's grandfather.

The families have been working in the weeks since the girls were murdered to develop plans for the complex and ways to raise funds to make it happen.

"We did not realize how big of an undertaking this was going to be," said Becky Patty, Liberty's grandmother. "There was money coming in and we wanted to do something with it to honor the girls."

Planning the park has become a source of comfort for both families, and they want to make it somewhere they can go to find peace and where the girls will be forever remembered in their community.

"This is why we are here because this has become our focus," said Becky. "We can't bring those girls back, but we can make sure that they are remembered."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ll-concert-in-memory-of-murdered-delphi-teens

I agree. A positive thing at a time of so much heartache for the families.

Imo always but I wonder if BG is a pocket change guy. My guys in my fans always are dropping change. It blows my mind they change pants I gain 2 bucks off the floor. If he planned it I would suspect no spare coinage? As others mentioned him possibly leaving things idk

I just meant that an ordinary person in their car or truck would have been suspicious and might have been checked by LE if they were in the bridge area. Just grasping at straws. Moo

Imo always but I wonder if BG is a pocket change guy. My guys in my fans always are dropping change. It blows my mind they change pants I gain 2 bucks off the floor. If he planned it I would suspect no spare coinage? As others mentioned him possibly leaving things idk
Also as important as evidence left behind, look at it from 'What is missing?'....sometimes an item is self-serving to the killer, but he isn't the swapping type, I can assure you.

I don't think the families have any more info than what we have. What questions could be asked of them? I'm sure LE and DA has advised them to keep their mouths shut for the interest of the case against the girl's killer/s.

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk

I think the families do know more about what happened to the girls than those of us here following the case. The families seem to have found a certain peace, while still wanting the man responsible brought to justice.

I can't imagine what these families are going through, but they are surviving. I hope the ball field is incredible and future girls who play there will go on to do great things in life.

Been going through TV news footage of around the time or shortly after the murders. In this clip at the 1:43 mark a young girl is speaking about what her friends said (was this LG and AW she's speaking about?) The friends said "hi" to a man dressed in black but he didn't say "hi" back and the guy just brushed them off and kept going (but could be a rumor too). Who was the "man in black" then? I wonder if he had/has come forward? [video=youtube;iBmpeYmeCRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBmpeYmeCRI[/video]

Thanks for this. We often forget where these comments were made. I added it to the media thread. It is strange we have not heard more about other friends being there that day, or this "Man in black".

I think the families do know more about what happened to the girls than those following the case. They seem to have found a certain peace, while still wanting the man responsible brought to justice.

I can't imagine what these families are going through, but they are surviving. I hope the ball field is incredible and future girls who play there will go on to do great things in life.
Or...
maybe their "peace" comes from an acknowledgedment that this case has gone very cold and will not be solved anytime soon. Maybe they are moving on from the crime, in an investigative sense and wish to just remember their loved ones and honor their memories with a sports complex/park??
Who knows?? It makes you wonder...
:(

I just meant that an ordinary person in their car or truck would have been suspicious and might have been checked by LE if they were in the bridge area. Just grasping at straws. Moo
I follow you now thanks. Some of the searchers were volunteers so would have had their own vehicles. Those vehicles would not have been seen to be suspicious therefore. A good reason for them to be around late into the night and even thru the night. Moo.

I follow you now thanks. Some of the searchers were volunteers so would have had their own vehicles. Those vehicles would not have been seen to be suspicious therefore. A good reason for them to be around late into the night and even thru the night. Moo.
I don't think LE suspected foul play at that time either.

Also as important as evidence left behind, look at it from 'What is missing?'....sometimes an item is self-serving to the killer, but he isn't the swapping type, I can assure you.

I think I get what you're saying. I apologize but I'm not sure what swapping type is.

DAY 72. Didn't they have that pic of Abby at around 9pm the first nite. I've seen pics of it with '7hrs. ago' in the corner so if Libby took it at 2:07pm and they copied it 7 hrs. later. (?)

That's what I was thinking too. The two pics show 'Liberty German 7h ago' in the upper left hand corner and there is a circle in the upper right hand corner (see link below). These pics themselves do not show a specific time. This is similar to what I see when I send a test pic or video to my Snapchat Story and then view it on My Story (as others would view it - 1h ago, 5 h ago, etc. depending on when I view it).

However, when I go into Snapchat and view the pics listed, they show a specific time stamp of when I sent it to My Story. The specific timestamp is also visible on the pic in my camera roll. Just speculating but I think it's possible LE/Libby's family were able to access her account that first night and saw the 2:07 timestamp of the last photo, which was also mentioned by the reporter that first night (Mon, Feb 13). The pics with Liberty German 7h ago could have been viewed either from her account or whoever she shared the Story with (friends, etc. depending on her settings).

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...d/news-story/30f377e20bb9164157605a4bd7c38eff

I don't think LE suspected foul play at that time either.

So you don't think LE were checking inside any vehicles that first night they went missing? And if vehicles weren't being checked and these girls had been taken somewhere else before they were found the next day so near where they went missing from could clues have been missed? :dunno: JMO

I think I get what you're saying. I apologize but I'm not sure what swapping type is.

Some are known to take items from their victim to use as remembrance tokens. They would not show up necessarily on the pawn market, or used in swap meets. I would hate to think there was such a group that gathered beyond the prison walls or edges of the grave.

So you don't think LE were checking inside any vehicles that first night they went missing? And if vehicles weren't being checked and these girls had been taken somewhere else before they were found the next day so near where they went missing from could clues have been missed? :dunno: JMO
I don't believe they were doing random vehicle searches that first night, imo.
They may have searched some vehicles that were pulled over for other reasons, such as speeding or other traffic violations, etc...

I love this idea - what a wonderful way to honor and remember the girls.

This idea--a ballpark to honor the girls--makes me smile. There's so much that's right about that plan. It's a path forward for everyone, a place to gently remember two young lives, and it's also a beautiful nod toward the future. The kids who will meet, play, learn, and grow there will help the community move beyond February​ 2017 in all the right ways. What better way is there to remember.

Gawd. Why name a ball field for children after murdered children? What a downer. Kids don't need to be reminded constantly of the horror that happened. A ball park should not conjure images of murdered kids. IMHO it is an knee jerk reaction done for purely emotional reasons and is meaningless. You can't honor the murdered by depressing the future players. Bad karma.

JMHO but I do not like this idea.

I agree with you, TeaTime.

Years ago, I had just landed an admin. job with a mid-size law firm and was being given the "grand tour" by an HR person. We walked past a conference room that had a plaque next to the entrance which read: "In Memory of "Joe Blow'" (not his real name). When I asked the woman who that individual was, she said it was a former employee who had died.
I learned the next day that he had been a law librarian at the firm; he ended his tenure by jumping off the roof of the office building! Although it seemed like a nice place to work, I was fired before the week was out! (Maybe a blessing in disguise.)

Over a decade later, I can still conjure up the horrible image . . . .

Did they say where the ball park will be located? I wonder how much it costs to build a ball park? Just wondering....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla