Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I have always seen.

I see hood up in one pic, hood down in the other. In hood down pic he looks younger and with a thick head of hair brushed forward. In the hood up pic he looks older with a goatee.

:dunno:

The head is very confusing, and up to a lot of interpretation, I think. I have often wondered why one photo is shaded so much and the other is not. Sunlight does tend to "wash out" photos and make them look differently. So I understand the physics, but I don't know what was creating the "shade" in the darker picture?

The head is very confusing, and up to a lot of interpretation, I think. I have often wondered why one photo is shaded so much and the other is not. Sunlight does tend to "wash out" photos and make them look differently. So I understand the physics, but I don't know what was creating the "shade" in the darker picture?

It's hard to tell for sure with the quality of the pictures, but I'd guess it's mainly because of a slightly different angle of the head. If it's turned just a little bit, it could be blocking more sun from the left side of his face. The position of the camera/phone might also affect it some, but I think that would affect the shape more than the shading. MOO

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but, IMO, I have always seen the "white" item being the handles of a plastic Wal-mart style bag sticking out of his jacket, and blowing in the wind. Who knows what was in that bag. If I were the detectives, I would be looking into surveillance at the nearest Wal-mart or the like.

The white item that you think is rope, I see it definitely as goggles. If you go to the picture where it has him walking, you can see one part of the goggles and when he walks on the other leg, you can see all of the goggles. The one side is what some on here claimed to be a "question mark". IMO Don't know how to copy it, cause it doesn't work for me, but the picture of him walking is on Today, 1:31 pm Post # 861.

The white item that you think is rope, I see it definitely as goggles. If you go to the picture where it has him walking, you can see one part of the goggles and when he walks on the other leg, you can see all of the goggles. The one side is what some on here claimed to be a "question mark". IMO Don't know how to copy it, cause it doesn't work for me, but the picture of him walking is on Today, 1:31 pm Post # 861.

Yes, I've seen the animated image (.gif) you are talking about. I don't see the white area as rope, I see the handles of a plastic bag. Looks a bit too wide for rope to me. I have looked and I don't see Goggles, but we all see things differently. :)

attachment.php

Just bringing this over here.

I wonder if what we miss between frames is BG lifting his hood up and over his head which causes the goggles or what ever they are to flip over, watch the above GIF to see what I mean. Sorry if that's not making much sense.....

That is what I have always seen.

I see hood up in one pic, hood down in the other. In hood down pic he looks younger and with a thick head of hair brushed forward. In the hood up pic he looks older with a goatee.

:dunno:

I apologize, skibaboo. I went back and looked at your post in Thread #1 about the plastic bag theory. It seems that no one, including me, has an original thought!

(Subscribing...I've posted from the start I'm a fan of examining what they have given us. This means applying the use of LIGHT etc et )

The white that some believe is a plastic bag or rope I 100% believe it's a scarf with a skull face. My buddy has one that he wears at times when riding his Harley. Protecting your face from cold winds. They come in different sizes and can wear different ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

bbm ... and now please look at his right hand in right brown pocket at the same time and you will see: when there is only half of the "goggles" be seen just then he is pulling something light coloured with his hand. Looks as if there is a connection between light coloured "goggles" and this light coloured thing he is pulling. IMO
I believe the "thing" looks like the drawing below and is an unknown "tool". (The proportions aren't correct, sorry.)

AbbyLibbyUnknownTool.jpg POS2girlsIndy.jpg

Awhile back I stuffed a white plastic bag in my jacket (first I sort of stretched the handles so I would replicate a well used bag). Then I pulled it through the top of my jacket a bit and took a selfie. It looked EXACTLY like the BG pic. I hate my face so I won't post it, but if anyone wanted to do an experiment with different things, I recommend it. Just be sure to stretch the handles or use an old bag. I would also try it with goggles, scarf and whatever else people think.

Then be sure to post it here.😊

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Since there is no "official" source for the two Snapchat images captured by Liberty's phone, I created a comparison of a small region of the image showing Abigail. Hoping that people can find it useful when choosing which version of the image to work with.

From what I've read, the original Snapchat images were screenshotted by someone who was on the distribution of the Snapchat and posted to Facebook by at least one person. The Facebook posts seem to be deleted, but the images live on in news articles.

attachment.php

Personally I prefer source #3, but that is only my preference visually.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html
  2. http://elitedaily.com/news/girl-last-snapchat-bodies-found/1792104/
  3. http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/
  4. http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/15/two-g...r-posting-final-pictures-on-snapchat-6450019/
  5. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/police-investigating-deaths-missing-girls-9836853
  6. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...m/news-story/e9a91eebc06a5730b92026d6e26a6f75

My recommendation to researchers is this: If you see a very fine detail in the image, double-check or triple-check the same region of the image from another news source's version to ensure it is really there (and not simply a compression artifact).

Curious if anyone has any of the original Facebook posted photos, and if they are better quality? I've spent more time than I care to admit looking for them without luck.

Attachments

• sc_compare.PNG
    sc_compare.PNG
    595.5 KB · Views: 1,544
I am increasingly convinced the blue region on the left hand side of ONE of the two officially released BG images is not an artifact, but something actually in the field of view of the phone's camera. In other words, I cannot find any reason the blue region would be any type of image artifact from compression or processing or display.

However I can only speculate what the object might be.

An example of such an object could be a person's sleeve or the backside of a loose-fitting and unzipped jacket or sweatshirt. I've included a figure showing an example region of the inside of Abigail's sweatshirt that is in the shadow of the sun making appear dark blue (as it should).

There is nothing in the BG image providing evidence that it IS Abigail, so one can only speculate w/o proof IMO.

attachment.php

The source for the Snapchat image is from the heavy.com article, and the source of the BG image is the Feb 15th alert from ISP.

Attachments

• theory.PNG
    theory.PNG
    415.7 KB · Views: 1,316
I would like to see what you have or did I miss it in the thread?

Since there is no "official" source for the two Snapchat images captured by Liberty's phone, I created a comparison of a small region of the image showing Abigail. Hoping that people can find it useful when choosing which version of the image to work with.

From what I've read, the original Snapchat images were screenshotted by someone who was on the distribution of the Snapchat and posted to Facebook by at least one person. The Facebook posts seem to be deleted, but the images live on in news articles.

attachment.php

Personally I prefer source #3, but that is only my preference visually.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html
  2. http://elitedaily.com/news/girl-last-snapchat-bodies-found/1792104/
  3. http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/
  4. http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/15/two-g...r-posting-final-pictures-on-snapchat-6450019/
  5. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/police-investigating-deaths-missing-girls-9836853
  6. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...m/news-story/e9a91eebc06a5730b92026d6e26a6f75

My recommendation to researchers is this: If you see a very fine detail in the image, double-check or triple-check the same region of the image from another news source's version to ensure it is really there (and not simply a compression artifact).

Curious if anyone has any of the original Facebook posted photos, and if they are better quality? I've spent more time than I care to admit looking for them without luck.

With paywall it's difficult to have enough sources. :eek:

Btw: I choose pic #3 because of the shoes being very clear.

With paywall it's difficult to have enough sources. :eek:

Btw: I choose pic #3 because of the shoes being very clear.

Are there specific sources of better images behind a paywall you can point me to? Or are you just joking around? If they are behind paywall, I might have access.

I am increasingly convinced the blue region on the left hand side of ONE of the two officially released BG images is not an artifact, but something actually in the field of view of the phone's camera. In other words, I cannot find any reason the blue region would be any type of image artifact from compression or processing or display.

However I can only speculate what the object might be.

An example of such an object could be a person's sleeve or the backside of a loose-fitting and unzipped jacket or sweatshirt. I've included a figure showing an example region of the inside of Abigail's sweatshirt that is in the shadow of the sun making appear dark blue (as it should).

There is nothing in the BG image providing evidence that it IS Abigail, so one can only speculate w/o proof IMO.

attachment.php

The source for the Snapchat image is from the heavy.com article, and the source of the BG image is the Feb 15th alert from ISP.

If that was her jacket, wouldn't that make BG much taller than current estimates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there specific sources of better images behind a paywall you can point me to? Or are you just joking around? If they are behind paywall, I might have access.

I'm not joking at all!! I didn't meant your links but in general. On my search for different pics I would constantly hit on paywall news with no access to text and pics. Tell me if I'm wrong. I like to learn from everyone here on the thread! :)

PS: Just tested your links - perfectly available.

If that was her jacket, wouldn't that make BG much taller than current estimates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. If some person was walking in front of BG, but equidistant from the sides as BG, the bottom of whatever the blue feature is seems consistent with the bottom of BG's sleeve. Is this what you saw also? I drew a line along the bridge side indicating the forward motion along bridge direction.

attachment.php

In other words, if BG was further along his walking path in the image, it seems as though the bottom of his sleeve would be close to the bottom of the blue feature on the left side of the image. IMO.

What do you think?

Attachments

• c2.PNG
    c2.PNG
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,245
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors