GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The guy who was arrested for killing the woman in Ft. Worth is supposedly from Plano. Interesting.

I just read a People Crime article where LE is looking into him further for any ties to other crimes.

Is anyone leaning towards self harm? For some reason I'm beginning to suspect it. BUT, the question remains, how did she get there? So that throws me back to foul play.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

No. I don't think so. I don't think Plano PD would allow crime stoppers to offer a reward if they had even an inkling of self harm. Moo

Is anyone leaning towards self harm? For some reason I'm beginning to suspect it. BUT, the question remains, how did she get there? So that throws me back to foul play.

No. Living here, I cannot reconcile where she was found. The only way she got to that lake, is if someone took her there. IMO.

Thanks for the input. I also think she wasn't wearing shorts/pants.

The guy who was arrested for killing the woman in Ft. Worth is supposedly from Plano. Interesting.

Didn't Molly know him in some fashion? (I'm having a hard time covering both cases.) I think that case was personal(ish.) That doesn't mean he's not involved in this, but it's harder for me to think so with the personal link there.

Didn't Molly know him in some fashion? (I'm having a hard time covering both cases.) I think that case was personal(ish.) That doesn't mean he's not involved in this, but it's harder for me to think so with the personal link there.

Yes I believe a connection was made through college I think they knew either each other or of each other.

Yes I believe a connection was made through college I think they knew either each other or of each other.

They both went to the same college in Arkansas but I haven't read they actually knew of each other but I'm still catching up.

Molly's parents have been reported as saying they were "somewhat acquainted" from her time in Arkansas.

I will admit,it raised my eyebrows more than just a little when I read he lived in Plano. Kimbro was arrested at his father's home in Dallas. While probably no connection to Megan, I would be interested in knowing what part of town the father's home is in.

Molly's parents have been reported as saying they were "somewhat acquainted" from her time in Arkansas.

I will admit,it raised my eyebrows more than just a little when I read he lived in Plano.

Thank you. I can only find news about the Cowboys draft picks. :rolleyes:

Megan's obituary at her funeral home only listed her date of birth and date of death. Why?
She was an intelligent woman who graduated as valedictorian from her high school. She graduated from college with an engineering degree. She had traveled the world. She had two beloved cats. She left behind a sibling and parents.

I will admit,it raised my eyebrows more than just a little when I read he lived in Plano.

It appears he attended Plano Senior High but can't confirm. I just find it interesting that although Molly's parents confirm they sort of knew each other, LE has stated they are looking into his connection to other crimes. I would think that his targeting Molly was personal yet they are looking into others...hmmm.

I will admit,it raised my eyebrows more than just a little when I read he lived in Plano. Kimbro was arrested at his father's home in Dallas. While probably no connection to Megan, I would be interested in knowing what part of town the father's home is in.

I just wanted to mention that Plano is very large. There is nearly 300,000 people and it covers a huge amount of land space. My brows aren't raised just yet.

But I see where some are headed with this and why.

Megan's obituary at her funeral home only listed her date of birth and date of death. Why?
She was an intelligent woman who graduated as valedictorian from her high school. She graduated from college with an engineering degree. She had traveled the world. She had two beloved cats. She left behind a sibling and parents.

Some obituary sites automatically populate an obituary before one is published by the family. They may not have released one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did she get to Lake Ray Hubbard???

1. Her car? No, it was still at the apt.

2. A friend? Not sure, but it seems they would have come forward.

3. Public transportation? Highly unlikely, as many have already mentioned here. The distance is around 15 miles, and several connections would have to be made. Video cameras or someone would have seen her.

4. Uber or Lyft? Seems like that would be easy to find, since you summon them with a cellphone.

5. Stranger?

Any other possibilities out there? Again, Megan appeared to be an intelligent, serious, young woman, who was a hard working, reliable, type. She had a very low risk factor for being the victim of a violent crime, in a very safe city. This continues to puzzle me.

IMHO

Perhaps this has already been posted but it the first time I have seen this on the City of Plano's crime page listing it as as a suspicious death and stating that the police are asking for the public's help. I previously just saw the crime stopper's report on news links.

IMO, this somewhat contradicts the email posted earlier from the Plano police dept indicating that there was no reason to suspect a crime had been committed or that a threat to anyone else was a concern.

http://www.plano.gov/891/Crimes-in-Plano

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios
Back