OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm repeating myself, but -- again -- does anyone foresee this case being solved?

I've lost faith I'll see it in my lifetime.

Though someone of course knows the answer, NE OK is a place of silence and shadows.

Someone needs to face down the fear. That's the only way of solving; the only road to salvation.

The only way it will be solved is if someone with knowledge of the case comes foward. I am reminded that the Tara Grinstead case was solved recently. Her disappearance occurred 11+ years ago and out of the blue, someone came forward with the info that broke the case. It should be noted that by their (LE's) own admission the two people arrested was not even on their radar and their name had not even come up in the investigation.

So, all we can do is remain hopeful.

The only way it will be solved is if someone with knowledge of the case comes foward. I am reminded that the Tara Grinstead case was solved recently. Her disappearance occurred 11+ years ago and out of the blue, someone came forward with the info that broke the case. It should be noted that by their (LE's) own admission the two people arrested was not even on their radar and their name had not even come up in the investigation.

So, all we can do is remain hopeful.

That's why sometime investigators need to look outside the box and never overlook any possibility. There is never any room for complacency or tunnel vision in the investigation of any case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why sometime investigators need to look outside the box and never overlook any possibility. There is never any room for complacency or tunnel vision in the investigation of any case.

Hello Salina KS! It's been years.

Agreed on thinking outside the box but OSBI sadly can't even find the box.

I pray that this case will be solved within her family's lifetime.

Yes -- timeline too tight and there are a multiplicity of others in NE OK who are better candidates, I'm sure. Just not sure whom.

And great to see you F1!!

(Also re: JJ, I think he worked up to murder after he left the area.)

I think JJ was involved somehow but the timeline is off. I also thought I read someplace that he was a former neighbor or somehow connected to a women that was murdered in Baxter Springs back in the early 90s. This area doesn't see a lot of murders and it seems like more than a coincidence.

The Find Lauria Bible FB page posted that there are new developments and asks for prayer.

The Find Lauria Bible FB page posted that there are new developments and asks for prayer.

Has anything come out on these new developments as of yet?

Hey, all. I hope I'm doing this correctly, as I've never posted on WebSleuths before (though I've been following for quite some time), so please, be gentle! Re: Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman, some of you have posted about an author who's been visiting the area and writing a book about the case. Well, I'm that person, and the working title of the book is "By The Dawn's Early Light." My name is Jax Miller, and I'm an American author based in Dublin, Ireland. I've been investigating/researching this case along with my work partner Sarah (a former detective from Philadelphia) for about two years now. It's been fun, too! I've received death threats, my crew and I had a gun pulled on us while down there, I talk to convicted murderers regularly, and much more.

I love visiting and reading forums such as these because once in a while, there'll be a morsel of gold somewhere. Some of you have great theories too. I just wanted to jump on here and say that if you do have any information, please do reach out! I know this story has its fair share of people too apprehensive to come forward, and I know there are people out there who are not so trusting with the police down there (perhaps for a good reason, I'm not saying either way). I'd like to hear of this too.

I've been very fortunate to have built a relationship with the Bible family and some of the Freemans over the years, and this story is one I've become especially close to. If you'd like to reach me on here, great! If you'd rather contact me anonymously, I can be found on Facebook, through my website... I'm not hard to find.

Thank you all, and I hope to hear from you all soon! <3 #BringTheGirlsHome

Hey, all. I hope I'm doing this correctly, as I've never posted on WebSleuths before (though I've been following for quite some time), so please, be gentle! Re: Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman, some of you have posted about an author who's been visiting the area and writing a book about the case. Well, I'm that person, and the working title of the book is "By The Dawn's Early Light." My name is Jax Miller, and I'm an American author based in Dublin, Ireland. I've been investigating/researching this case along with my work partner Sarah (a former detective from Philadelphia) for about two years now. It's been fun, too! I've received death threats, my crew and I had a gun pulled on us while down there, I talk to convicted murderers regularly, and much more.

I love visiting and reading forums such as these because once in a while, there'll be a morsel of gold somewhere. Some of you have great theories too. I just wanted to jump on here and say that if you do have any information, please do reach out! I know this story has its fair share of people too apprehensive to come forward, and I know there are people out there who are not so trusting with the police down there (perhaps for a good reason, I'm not saying either way). I'd like to hear of this too.

I've been very fortunate to have built a relationship with the Bible family and some of the Freemans over the years, and this story is one I've become especially close to. If you'd like to reach me on here, great! If you'd rather contact me anonymously, I can be found on Facebook, through my website... I'm not hard to find.

Welcome to WS, Jax. Thanks for being here.

Thanks for joining! Can't wait to read what you come up with. About the death threats and such....are these because locals don't want you revisiting the case? Who would be upset about this?

Thanks for joining! Can't wait to read what you come up with. About the death threats and such....are these because locals don't want you revisiting the case? Who would be upset about this?

Hey Dallen, thanks a mil! (I hope I'm doing this right). Yeah, there have been a few kind of threats, but I think it comes with the territory of revisiting a case, especially one where local people are waiting to see what you do. While I do take with me a certain healthy fear when digging around, it's possible these are internet trolls. They're mainly 'bad things happen to people who nose around here' kind of threats.
I do have a safety net/system with the people I'm working with on this, as well as with my family so that if anything does happen, they'll have plenty places to look. But really, they're not letters signed in human blood from prison or anything like that.

I am new here, first post!

I just watched Disappeared episode here in Australia about the case. Such a mystery.

I wondered, is it possible that Lauria and Ashley were placed in witness protection?

Hey Jax, how you doing? Awesome to have you here. I'm familiar with what your doing and have visited your FB page and posted.

Welcome, please make yourself at home! [emoji41]&#9996;&#65039;

I am new here, first post!

I just watched Disappeared episode here in Australia about the case. Such a mystery.

I wondered, is it possible that Lauria and Ashley were placed in witness protection?

Welcome to websleuths, Awakening!

No , they are not in WP, but it would be great because they would be alive then.

Hey Jax, how you doing? Awesome to have you here. I'm familiar with what your doing and have visited your FB page and posted.

Welcome, please make yourself at home! [emoji41]&#9996;&#65039;

Hey U2forever, thank you so much! :D

It's really rewarding to see the interest in this story nearly twenty years on.

To those of us who were living in NE OK back then, it wasn't a story. It was a rip in the fabric of our lives.

Thanks everyone. #oklahomastrong

It's really rewarding to see the interest in this story nearly twenty years on.

To those of us who were living in NE OK back then, it wasn't a story. It was a rip in the fabric of our lives.

Thanks everyone. #oklahomastrong

I grew up in Oklahoma and had just started a job at an area newspaper when this happened. I followed the case and every development.

This case still haunts me. I still dream about finding Lauria and Ashley. I can't believe it's been almost 20 years, and I'm thankful the WS community is around and still interested in this case. &#10084;&#65039;

I hope this case is solved soon.

[emoji202]MOO

*bump
I don't really have anything to add, this is a case I follow but I very seldom come to websulths. Any updates? Or questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member