CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

Thanks tarabull. So bizarre thou with all the co-incidents, the small population that it's not Jodi nor the woman the property owner was sure he had seen earlier. And no foul play, so this guy crawled into a hidden bush area and died? Whoever he is, may he RIP...

I am not quick to discount coincidences like this. A U student goes missing onto a small island and no one knows why he was on the island? The thought did occur to me that maybe more than one person was involved in Jodi's disappearance when I read the BFs timeline of events last year.

My guess is LE is being tight lipped. No real proof that it is or is not related has been disclosed. But I doubt this new victim was on a little island by coincidence. Someone knows something on that island and isn't talking in both cases.

Family looks for closure three years after disappearance of Squamish teen

It’s been three years since Jodi Henrickson’s family heard anything from their daughter.

[snip]

Investigators believe she met with foul play. They say there was no evidence to suggest Jodi ever left Bowen Island.

There have been no leads or arrests in Jodi’s disappearance, and her family is desperate for answers.

These cases are so so sad and devastating. No answers for the families. May they remain hopeful their loved ones will return home to them alive and well. I guess that is what keeps them strong and able to continue in their search for their loved ones. I pray they receive closure sooner then later. MOO

Unfortunately neither of these links work now. Here is one from May 2012. A body was discovered on the island.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/body-found-on-bcs-bowen-island-prompts-speculation-on-missing-girls-fate/article4197818/

What struck me as strange was that GA never mentioned looking for Jodi. He just went about his business so he claims. She didn't live on the island, she was supposed to be his "girlfriend" but he wasn't the least bit worried about where she went after he left her??? Seemed strange to me. It appears there are some additional news articles.

Bumping for Jodi. :(

Soon it will be 5 years since she went missing.

Wondering if people still gather to party at the place where Jodi was said to be camping when she went missing?

Talking to some young people who mentioned a show that reminded them of this case in a way. The episode is an extreme example of a party in the woods gone very wrong due to jealousies and stimulants. Fiction, so I won't post the youtube link, not saying any of this went down, just stretching a bit...

"Skins 3 | Effy"

Bumpity Bump

Cousin of missing Squamish woman seeks closure

Jodi Henrickson went missing on Bowen Island in 2009

Jennifer Thuncher / Squamish Chief
September 1, 2016

-
Seven years later, Henrickson said the best-case scenario is that information comes to light about what actually happened to her cousin, she said.
“This might sound weird or morbid, but that is the only gift we are ever going to get out of this… Someone, if you could please just give us that,” she said, adding the teens who saw Jodi that night, and perhaps had been vulnerable to peer pressure, would be in their mid-20s now. “Whatever you might have known, you could say it now; it has been long enough.”
Cpl. Meghan Foster, with the Integrated Homicide Investigative Team (IHIT), said the investigation into Jodi’s case continues.
“IHIT investigators continue to receive and follow up on tips received from the public,” Foster told The Squamish Chief in an email. “Should anyone have information regarding Henrickson’s disappearance, they are asked to contact the IHIT tip line at 1-877-551-4448.”
- See more at: http://www.squamishchief.com/news/l...osure-1.2334421#sthash.GCamypDX.zyJRgSFC.dpuf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back