Found Deceased MT - Corey Flannigan, 26, Kalispell, 2 May 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Corey Michael Flannigan, 26, from Spokane, Washington was reported missing Thursday.

Flannigan is described at 6 feet tall, weighs 190 pounds, light brown shaved hair with blue eyes.

The stolen vehicle he was driving was recovered crashed on Rose Crossing, just north of Kalispell, before he was reported missing.

Detectives from the sheriff’s office are investigating the details of Flannigan’s disappearance, which are considered suspicious.

Search and rescue members are checking the area surrounding the crash site for any leads or evidence.

corey%20flanagan_1494261262194_6689782_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/kcfw/flathead-authorities-search-for-missing-man/488572171

Thanks for posting! His family has been very active about their loved one for a few days nows on FB. Very smart of them to get the news involved. So very strange that the car was found crashed. Could be so many scenarios. Kalispell, according to recent news links, has had a really bad time fighting meth. I guess it was really bad in 2000 and was curbed with the limiting of ingredients but now it is being ravaged by imported drugs like many areas unfortunately. I wonder if he was hijacked by car thieves? Our area has so many car thieves and sounds like Kalispell does too. He has two little kiddos :(. I hope he is ok. Also, wonder if he was injured really badly and wandered off. Come home safely, Corey!

So the car he crashed was reported stolen? His fiancé seemed forthright in posting the car he was last seen driving. Do we know if they are one and the same?

So the car he crashed was reported stolen? His fiancé seemed forthright in posting the car he was last seen driving. Do we know if they are one and the same?

I read that the car was a rental and reported stolen when it wasn't returned. Not sure if I'm allowed to post this. I learned that through a little SM research.

Corey Michael Flannigan, 26, from Spokane, Washington was reported missing Thursday.

Flannigan is described at 6 feet tall, weighs 190 pounds, light brown shaved hair with blue eyes.

The stolen vehicle he was driving was recovered crashed on Rose Crossing, just north of Kalispell, before he was reported missing.

Detectives from the sheriff’s office are investigating the details of Flannigan’s disappearance, which are considered suspicious.

Search and rescue members are checking the area surrounding the crash site for any leads or evidence.

corey%20flanagan_1494261262194_6689782_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/kcfw/flathead-authorities-search-for-missing-man/488572171

Interesting comments are a must read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers he and the other girl are found. I know kalispell well. Have always flown in there to travel for work. He was working there... odd to have two missing in one day. Not that large of a town but the wilderness is VAST.

So just my experience with "stolen cars"...yes I have one:)

My husband traveled every week for 5ish years for work. He rented a cars from Dollar (weekly rentals) Mon-Thur and from time to time work was extended to Friday. On one occasion I forgot to extend his contract with Dollar. Friday morning I received a voice mail that stated in no uncertain terms the car would be reported stolen if I did not contact them immediately. Of course I contacted them and extended my contract and all was well.

Who knows when this car was reported stolen. It could have been a day after his wreck and reported missing.

So just my experience with "stolen cars"...yes I have one:)

My husband traveled every week for 5ish years for work. He rented a cars from Dollar (weekly rentals) Mon-Thur and from time to time work was extended to Friday. On one occasion I forgot to extend his contract with Dollar. Friday morning I received a voice mail that stated in no uncertain terms the car would be reported stolen if I did not contact them immediately. Of course I contacted them and extended my contract and all was well.

Who knows when this car was reported stolen. It could have been a day after his wreck and reported missing.

That what the comments I was referring to said

http://www.ktvq.com/story/35404936/possible-criminal-element-in-case-of-missing-man-near-kalispell

"At this point there is absolutely no indication that he is still in that immediate area and our detectives are continuing to work on that case," Curry said. "There are some other elements of this that lead us to believe that perhaps Mr. Flannigan just wants to be missing at this point. So while that case is still open and we are actively working on it, it's not an active search and rescue at this point."

http://www.ktvq.com/story/35404936/possible-criminal-element-in-case-of-missing-man-near-kalispell

"At this point there is absolutely no indication that he is still in that immediate area and our detectives are continuing to work on that case," Curry said. "There are some other elements of this that lead us to believe that perhaps Mr. Flannigan just wants to be missing at this point. So while that case is still open and we are actively working on it, it's not an active search and rescue at this point."

Wow, thank you.

No I know what they meant by "suspicious" now in the original reports.

Corey M Flannigan
NamUs #MP39210

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Missing Age 26 Years
Current Age 28 Years
Height 4' 11" - 5' 1" (59 - 61 Inches)
Weight 195 - 205 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Blue
Finger and toe nails Right thumb is cut halfway off
Date of Last Contact May 1, 2017
NamUs Case Created July 25, 2017
Last Known Location Map
Location Otis Orchards, Washington 99027
County Spokane County

Circumstances of Disappearance Corey left for Montana to assist a friend. The friend's brother last saw Corey at McDonalds on 2065 E. US HWY 2 in Kalispell, Montana on May 2, 2017.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back