IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's "they"? The statement, as I said, is unattribted. In journalism, that's a red flag. It's either sloppy reporting or simply the reporter making an assumption. In either case, we should be careful not to attribute it to an official representative of LE.
i doubt it was made up. they did give the state lab location. it also backs up LE's statement from a few weeks ago that said they have "some" results back but where still waiting on others.

Didn't say it was. Just a coincidence, and within a 50 mile radius. I just thought people usually share similar articles in the past. Like I have previously shared info on a teacher that recently had been arrested for inappropriate relationships with students. Sorry won't do it again.
oh gosh don't be sorry. i was just wondering if there was a connection.

I wonder if Radaronline pays for scoops?

Alexis Tereszcuk @swimmie2009
EXCLUSIVE SCOOP: FBI raids property of Ronald Logan in #DelphiMurders (link: http://bit.ly/2mRtrVW) bit.ly/2mRtrVW looking for clues in Abby & Libby murders
BREAKING NEWS: FBI Raids Home In Snapchat Killer Case
radaronline.com
Well, since they are owned by the same company that owns and publishes The National Enquirer my best guess is that they do.

Who's "they"? The statement, as I said, is unattribted. In journalism, that's a red flag. It's either sloppy reporting or simply the reporter making an assumption. In either case, we should be careful not to attribute it to an official representative of LE.
the they was LE

I wonder if Radaronline pays for scoops?

Alexis Tereszcuk @swimmie2009
EXCLUSIVE SCOOP: FBI raids property of Ronald Logan in #DelphiMurders (link: http://bit.ly/2mRtrVW) bit.ly/2mRtrVW looking for clues in Abby & Libby murders
BREAKING NEWS: FBI Raids Home In Snapchat Killer Case
radaronline.com

It appears that they do. At the bottom of your link:

"We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at 800-344-9598 any time, day or night."

Here 500 interviews are noted as well but someone might be interviewed in the pursuit of additional information, not because they're a poi. But indeed 500 appears to be a favoured number by LE. 500 interviews, 500 tips not yet reviewed, 500 poi. What are the odds?

"In the two months since two Delphi teens were killed, police have received more than 16,000 tips and have interviewed over 500 people from those tips, but they still have no suspects in the girls’ murders."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...iews-later-still-no-suspects-in-girls-murders

The point is we do not know for sure. So, it'd be wise not to assert that it is true.
it just makes sense since LE themselves said they were still waiting on some of the forensic testing results.

what did i say that was not factual to be cautioned about?

Yes, you are right. I viewed more videos and finally figured it out. My apologies to the forum for any disruption that my lack of navigational skills may have caused.

I'm still a little conflicted as to why LE stands there describing RL's search but fails to mention the property across the road is also being searched. I assumed it was all one property.
You're not the only one wondering why that was not clarified by either MSM or LE or anyone else .

It does make you wonder why LE hung RL out to dry with the media and it backfired as they then had to clean up the mess they created by going to the media as what did they expect when you are dealing with such a horrific crime.

I think that's why the sheriff was then when RL got sentenced due to the public backlash when they named and shamed him and he yet he isn't considering a suspect.

The point is we do not know for sure. So, it'd be wise not to assert that it is true.

Huh? it is true that a news station said yesterday that LE is still waiting on DNA. it is true they gave the city and state of the lab doing the testing.
It is true that several weeks ago the LE said they had "some" results back but were waiting for others.

That link is dated 2010. In the ever advancing world of forensics and technology, that's like the dark ages.

Interesting. I don't follow forensics science much, but find it fascinating. Can you give some examples of what's drastically changed in the past seven years?

If so, that's the 2nd link to Florida, probably unconnected though.

"Investigators have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas, some as far away as Peru in Miami County, and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations."
http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/
That's not Florida.
ETa nvm it's been said

Here 500 interviews are noted as well but someone might be interviewed in the pursuit of additional information, not because they're a poi. But indeed 500 appears to be a favoured number by LE. 500 interviews, 500 tips not yet reviewed, 500 poi. What are the odds?

"In the two months since two Delphi teens were killed, police have received more than 16,000 tips and have interviewed over 500 people from those tips, but they still have no suspects in the girls’ murders."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...iews-later-still-no-suspects-in-girls-murders

Yes, I don't think he was being literal. I think he pulled out a big number to underscore how the suspect could be anyone they've interviewed so far -- or none of them. It certainly correlates with the recent admission about their loss of optimism.

Interesting. I don't follow forensics science much, but find it fascinating. Can you give some examples of what's drastically changed in the past seven years?
i too am curious as to what has changed in regards to the speed of testing?

This quote is from March 8th. So they some type of evidence from the crime scene but do they have DNA of the suspect or do they only hope they might? I appreciate your interpretation as the comments appear ambiguous to me.

"The FBI profile currently in the works will give police a better idea of who they’re looking for. Behavioral analysts can identify certain personality, behavioral and lifestyle traits the suspect would have.

All that information provides police with clues as to what kind of things they should be looking for as they serve search warrants. That, paired with evidence found at the crime scene, could help solve the puzzle.......(snipped by me)

....I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does."

http://fox59.com/2017/03/08/fbi-putting-together-profile-of-suspect-accused-of-killing-delphi-teens/

Does sound like they have DNA, but also left some wiggle room in the wording so maybe they don't and want the murder/s to think they do. "We are using every capable process...from a scientific perspective" can mean they do have DNA and can mean they just looked for DNA as part of the process. When he replied to the reporter yes it does include DNA, still can mean they only looked for DNA, so that is the wiggle room- he didn't come out and say they found DNA so...

You're not the only one wondering why that was not clarified by either MSM or LE or anyone else .

I've been thinking about this. LE may have been happy to have the media focusing on RL while they investigated other leads in peace, including the property across the street. Since the bodies were found on RL's property, LE couldn't really be faulted (IMO) for thoroughly searching the property regardless of the final determination of if he was involved or not involved. It's a bit unfair to leave RL as the media scapegoat, but I get the reasoning behind it if that was the case.

Lots of examples in general on google but in respect to this case, the fast-tracking of DNA results is an example. It doesn't take 3 or 6 to 8 weeks to generate priority DNA results. At the 3 month mark of this case, its likely the results they're still waiting on are not deemed critical.

No where did LE say the results they're hopeful the results they're waiting for will result in an arrest. It's just as likely the results rolling in "clear" individuals, a matter of routine investigation as they continue to work the case. MOO

DNA BREAKTHROUGH Snapchat murder cops fast-track DNA evidence found at crime scene where Libby German and Abigail Williams’ bodies were discovered
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29458...eving-grandfather-pays-heartbreaking-tribute/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn