Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/supernatural-sleuths-and-the-search-for-truth-20101229-19a9z.html
The Australian Institute of Criminology advises the families of missing people to avoid psychics, saying: ''Desperation can force people to consider options they would never entertain in more stable times.''

It's something Don Spiers knows all too well. Since his daughter, Sarah, disappeared in 1996 - a suspected victim of Perth's Claremont serial killer - he has been ''hounded'' by up to 400 psychics and clairvoyants offering cryptic clues to her whereabouts.

''They had my emotions on a roller-coaster,'' Spiers told*The West Australian*in 2008. ''You'd be full of hope … and there'd be nothing. Why would they want to make it worse for me?''

Another example. ShannLow, and the Hayley Dodd case....
Obfuscation seems to be his MO, but wouldn't a real psychic know what ShannLow was up to?
http://www.psychics.org.au/viewtopic.php?t=205

#BadOuija

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Just clarifying Canning Vale, I never referred to any illegitimate child (i dislike that label). Cheers.

Justified,

Thinking about the term illegitimate it does sound old fashioned. An offspring to a former partner sounds better.

Is the kimono actually 'unclaimed'? I thought it was reported as stolen from a washing line - so presumably someone reported it stolen, ergo the police knows who it belongs to? Can anyone confirm or correct?
I think I saw a n article that said the report of it being stolen from a line was only recently made when the story arose last year about it being DNA linked to CSK cases, which means that the witness coming forward probably missed the earlier story years ago that linked it to the VC murder. I got VC and VD mixed up btw.[emoji6]

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...ge-of-our-convictions---the-claremont/3473202

"and finely judged leaks to the media - all to build the pressure."

The Kimono being linked to the Devlin murder in hindsight is obviously false and IMO was simply a media tactic at the time that made assertions without any basis in fact.

This article shows that media was used to bring pressure upon suspects.

Ilikecouds,

Many thanks for the post. For taxation purposes we're required to keep bank statements for about 5 or 7 years. I'm not sure how long banks are supposed to keep their records, but it's a good question. This is a longshot.... Does anyone know, if the banks are required to send bank statements to an archive for future perusal such as the State Records Office?

Canning Vale,
I assumed 7 years at the most as that is a hell of a lot of data to keeping (even if kept on something like iCloud/OneDrive). I will (hopefully today) have a look to see what I can find in regards to it. ATM I am trying to catch up on the other previous threads on here about the case.

Xyz,
Your post is interesting. About the kimono, it would be my thought that it belonged to someone he had an attraction too. That would rule out his mother or sister. Perhaps someone has come forward by now and claimed the kimono - the police wouldn't tell us. Back in 1988 there weren't that many properties located near to the Es property.

Does it rule it out? If you can rape and kill, why not throw in an Oedipus complex too? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b3d4754df4985cbdc9bc074ce5c38a03.jpg

Just throwing some perspective towards the discussion about a 4cm knife that WAPOL allegedly found in the possession of LW.....

This pocket knife of a well known (unnamed) brand has 4cm blade - although not sharpened the complete length of the blade, this knife is extremely sharp. Capable of probably harming a conscious person and killing an unconscious person, but it's not really considered a 'weapon'. Unless of course when you forget and leave it in your hand luggage while boarding a plane. Then it's a weapon.

(Golf ball just included for size comparison.)

[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Does it rule it out? If you can rape and kill, why not throw in an Oedipus complex too? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoWa,

Many thanks, I've Googled the Oedipus complex. My guess would be that his parents and siblings figured long ago that the fellow was different but unaware quiet how different. Usually when a family member is a bit odd, other family members avoid them, hence they don't get invited to family get togethers etc. Perhaps BRE wasn't that close with the other siblings, and FB was a way of keeping in touch. These are only my thoughts and opinions.

There is a apparently a new "Museum in Kewdale", streetview's opinion not mine. "Tourist Attraction"

Good connection on your part, Spinna.

I wonder if DM has been released yet or if he's still locked up.
Thanks Sutton, yes would be good to know whether DM is still incarcerated and what happened to Mr A.

Has anyone got any thoughts as to the perpetrator in the Deborah Anderson open case.

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/deborah-anderson/

25th January - 2000:
[FONT=&quot]'Discovered in a burnt out motor vehicle parked outside Marant’s Deli Lunch Bar at the Middle Swan Shopping Centre'[/FONT]

DA Deborah Anderson drove a Ford.
SM drove a Ford.
Perpetrator was obviously a Holden Fan who hated Fords!!!

And if we include JC's Fiat, perpetrator was obviously a hater of 4 letter car brands starting with the letter "F"!!!

JMO
Apologies for my poor humour as I'm obviously joking!!

[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

SM drove a Ford.

And if we include JC's Fiat, perpetrator was obviously a hater of 4 letter car brands starting with the letter "F"!!!

JMO

Not appropriate Spooks.

Not appropriate Spooks.

Maybe poor taste but us sleuthers can't really say exactly why a victim is chosen, unless we have access to the minds of perpetrators or court records. Sometimes the most outlandish theories end up being true.
So no pattern can ever be overlooked IMO.
Next time I'll state my observations minus the jokes.
Again apologies for any offence.

I agree the truth is almost always stranger (or more interesting) than fiction.

Maybe poor taste but us sleuthers can't really say exactly why a victim is chosen, unless we have access to the minds of perpetrators or court records. Sometimes the most outlandish theories end up being true.
So no pattern can ever be overlooked IMO.
Next time I'll state my observations minus the jokes.
Again apologies for any offence.

It's usually me that gets told off!

SM drove a Ford.

JMO

Let's get it back on track. I'd like a serious discussion of DA if anyone has an opinion or any information.

Maybe you need to start a seperate thread for a DA discussion ???

Personally I do not see it any different to the discussions re SMM. It's an unsolved crime around the time of the CSK. We are trying to figure out any further connections.

You seem to not want to talk about DA Spooks and shut this discussions down.

Is there a reason for this Spooks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members