OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know what extent someone will go to to get what they want. Just last year an amateur model went to prison for trying to have the mother of her step children killed. Sometimes it's just about winning and sometimes it may be about not wanting to pay child support. I know it sounds crazy. But most of us wouldnt kill another person for any reason.

Instructions as to how to find the scanner/basement thread, please & thank you?

Sure, it's at this link.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?377-Scanner-Chatter

Go back to the main Forum page, scroll down to the forum called "The Parking Lot". Click on that and you'll see the sub-forum "Scanner Chatter". Click on that and look under the Breaking News thread. Go all the way to the end for the place where there is scanner chatter for the latest news stories.

While in "Scanner Chatter", also click on the helpful pinned links at the top for helpful information and rules about how to comment in the thread, etc.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Rules-Guidelines-*REQ-D-READ-BEFORE-POSTING*

If you hear something relevant in the scanner thread, just come "upstairs" and post that people should go listen downstairs. You can add a link to the thread.

"Breaking News" thread is the catch-all for active cases, in the news, etc.

Ask mods if you have more questions, they're happy to help.

Hope this helps!

The problem is that the state police, AG's office, etc. just conducted a massive armed search of the property where SRW was living with her bio father and his parents. That's a red flag, indicating LE thinks some kind of dangerous, illegal activity has been connected to the family and property.

The family has sold the property and their whereabouts are unknown. It's right for the public to be concerned about the safety of this child, especially considering her mother and family were murdered in cold blood a year ago shortly after her bio father had visited them.

It's reasonable for the public to be concerned about the safety of the child. LE needs to reassure the public that the child is safe and her location known to them.

In most cases like this (missing child/family, parent possible suspect in a murder investigation, etc.) a public search for the child would be launched. But then there's never been anything normal about this investigation.
First of all I bet LE has a pretty good idea of where the family and child are.

BUT, as far as I know there is no arrest warrant, the father has not been charged with anything, there are no orders telling him he can't travel as he pleases, and the child is with the parent that can take the child anywhere they wish to take them. I'm not aware of any court order that took away any of his parental rights?

Sorry for the double posts. I'm having a lot of trouble seeing that I posted and being able to edit my posts. When I try to edit, it comes up blank, so I can't delete one of the posts.

It's no secret drug trafficking is a huge problem in this area and Chris Rhoden Sr and his brother are said to have had a couple of MJ grow ops. But I don't think the mods want us to speculate a lot about the people whose properties were searched this past weekend. We can sleuth the properties, not the owners.

Maybe I need the mods help on this because I am not understanding. We can discuss anything in MSM correct? And MSM said one of the properties searched was a horse farm correct? I get that we cannot sleuth the owners, but the horses are not the owners, so sleuthing criminal activities connected to horses would be allowed? Help. Someone please guide me here.

hello all. new here. a few things i would like to comment on regarding traversing between the scenes. i have spent a lot of time in that part of ohio and that terrain is pretty rugged. 300 + foot elevation changes. you can go to mytopo.com and look at an online topo map of the area to see what i am talking about. the topo will specifically show the powerlines as well.

speaking of the powerlines. one could absolutely use them to navigate the backwoods, however, it's not like this is typically nice and neat land, especially in that rugged terrain. these areas are not well maintained, they are usually overgrown, and are littered with trees and rocks from when they were originally installed. duke probably doesn't do a maintenance cleaning but evry 15-20 years. unless atv trails have been cleaned out over the years, it would probably be easier to travel these paths via horseback as someone mentioned earlier.

A few other things to consider. There are a lot of atv's on the market that are fairly quiet not to mention the silent ones that are electric. also, hearing atv's in the distance at night in that part of the country is not abnormal. neither is gone shots. coyote hunting is primarily done at night.

:goodpost: and welcome!

Does anyone know if there is a grand jury sitting right now in any of the counties involved?

No, haven't heard or seen anything from LE or the news media. It's possible, we just don't know.

Maybe I need the mods help on this because I am not understanding. We can discuss anything in MSM correct? And MSM said one of the properties searched was a horse farm correct? I get that we cannot sleuth the owners, but the horses are not the owners, so sleuthing criminal activities connected to horses would be allowed? Help. Someone please guide me here.

Good point! I'm smellin' what you're cooking. Maybe we should ask the mods for clarification.

Betty P, thanks for the scanner info!

Happy to help. There is not much access on Broadcastify to the relevant counties here. Helpful to read the rules and explanations. There's also an information link to help understand codes, etc.

For a search warrant you need probable cause which is either signed by a judge or a magistrate judge. Now why they are not naming them "persons of interest" that I don't know. I know that I do want evidence to lay before them during the interview to obtain a confession. They know exactly where they are at and if anything is found to add on to the evidence that they have, which seems little, if any, then they will be brought back from up north. Lot's of evidence can come from this search such as tire impressions from the 4 wheelers, blood stains, which I doubt they would get or weapons, another doubtful aquirement, or even a lost phone. I am sure all of the social media that anyone that is in their mind a suspect has already been searched as they never go away. A lot or nothing could come from this. One other thing that could come from this if any shoes were left in the trailers. I am sure that shoe prints had to be left at one of the scenes from all of the blood, maybe at CR1 or blood splatter. Another thought crossed my mind what about an enraged grand parent. I wished that they had conducted more of a ground search of the area for areas that they would shoot on the property looking for any kind of shells or rounds. That would really sink them. I hope I am within the frame of not breaking TOS.

I don't know if I believe the trip north. All of them? 2 brothers, children, grand mother?

Maybe the trip north fell through, or wasn't all it promised to be ? It makes me feel that the noose has been tightening a long time...

Regarding the photo of the property of 200 Block Peterson Road in Adams county, what's with all the gas containers?? Looks like they found the burn pile at the farm too.

In this article it states that there was a custody issue between Wagner and Hannah

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/auth...-of-pike-county-massacre-victims-ex-boyfriend

From your link:
"Jake Wagner was in a custody dispute with Hanna Rhoden, one of the victims, according to Leonard Manley, her grandfather. The girl at the center of the custody dispute was not at any of the locations where the massacre occurred, Manley said, though several young children were found alive."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the first MSM to say JW and HR were disputing S's custody? If so, it is a new quote from LM, or is the journalist interpreting earlier comments?

I still think someone who changed their plans that night is involved in what happened that night. And it does involve IMO child custody. However, I don't think someone else involved knowingly knows what is going on. If LM says 2 people were seen on a forgotten camera, it does make sense to me now. Also, KR's murder makes sense IMO if who I think it involved did it.

If I'm reading you right, the person who changed their plans, is involved, but may not know that they were involved. I'm thinking along those lines on someone too.

I don't think, though, that this is about custody, in the traditional sense. I haven't seen the two parents fighting online, or any court proceedings, over custody of the child. Also, JW had irregular hours, as an OTR trucker. He gave that job up, after HMR's murder, not before, to be closer to S. Nothing against him having the previous job, it just seems that he was fine with things, the way they were, and said as much. He was doing what some parents never do. He worked, and made time for his daughter.

After the murders, he even took S to see her great-grandmother, GR, and said he hoped that S could stay in contact with her sister, if he was not the infant's father.

If this was about custody, solely or in part, I don't think it was over time allocation with the child, not paying support payments, or who wants primary custody. I think this was about hate, and/or revenge. Someone hated these folks bad enough to want them dead. If it was about the child, they wanted to make sure that those eight people were never, ever, able to be a part of the child's life again, and there was only one way for that to happen.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/29/rhoden-case-hate-seeing-my-daughter-cry/87645382/

If I'm reading you right, the person who changed their plans, is involved, but may not know that they were involved. I'm thinking along those lines on someone too.

I don't think, though, that this is about custody, in the traditional sense. I haven't seen the two parents fighting online, or any court proceedings, over custody of the child. Also, JW had irregular hours, as an OTR trucker. He gave that job up, after HMR's murder, not before, to be closer to S. Nothing against him having the previous job, it just seems that he was fine with things, the way they were, and said as much. He was doing what some parents never do. He worked, and made time for his daughter.

After the murders, he even took S to see her great-grandmother, GR, and said he hoped that S could stay in contact with her sister, if he was not the infant's father.

If this was about custody, solely or in part, I don't think it was over time allocation with the child, not paying support payments, or who wants primary custody. I think this was about hate, and/or revenge. Someone hated these folks bad enough to want them dead. If it was about the child, they wanted to make sure that those eight people were never, ever, able to be a part of the child's life again, and there was only one way for that to happen.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/29/rhoden-case-hate-seeing-my-daughter-cry/87645382/

I wonder if that trailer pictured was tarped before the pic was taken. Because those children's toys would be ruined if it rained. That would say a lot as to the owers intentions of returning for their property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks