OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow
"PIKE COUNTY -- Agents with the Bureau of Criminal Investigation had been tracking a truck being driven by the brother of a victim of the Rhoden family massacre, according to a search warrant obtained the Enquirer Monday afternoon."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

New news!

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy Hogan, indicate authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime.
However, the warrant never names Manley as a suspect; nor does it say the warrant is tied to the Rhoden homicide investigation.

However, Manley said he told the agents that they would not find the device on the truck. Manley said a BCI agent told him that they were going to arrest his son on felony charges tied to the destruction of government property.
The agents left a copy of the search warrant with James Manley’s wife. They also told her to call her husband at work to tell him to come home. She made that call, but the younger Manley declined to leave his logging job in Lima, his father said.

WHOA!!!

More:

The warrant was issued April 21 and gave authorities 45 days to track James. T. Manley’s 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck.

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy Hogan, indicate authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime.

However, the warrant never names Manley as a suspect; nor does it say the warrant is tied to the Rhoden homicide investigation.

Three BCI agents went to James Manley’s home on Union Hill Road Monday afternoon to remove the GPS tracking device, said his father, Leonard Manley. Manley was at the home and spoke with agents.
However, Manley said he told the agents that they would not find the device on the truck.

Manley said a BCI agent told him that they were going to arrest his son on felony charges tied to the destruction of government property.

The agents left a copy of the search warrant with James Manley’s wife. They also told her to call her husband at work to tell him to come home. She made that call, but the younger Manley declined to leave his logging job in Lima, his father said.

Bizarre warrant, very strange investigation, very odd tactics.

No more doubt in my mind. Call in the FBI and have them take over this investigation. BCI doesn't seem to know what they're doing. Or something.

I'm calling my senator. Enough of this.

Between the property searches this weekend and the tracking of JM's truck, I think LE has gotten tired of the tight-lips. It seems to me they are changing tactics here. Previously indicating that folks should speak up with info about the murders and implying that they would overlook minor criminal activities by those providing such info. Now it looks like they are putting heat on some possibly minor things in order to get folks to talk.

I read an article earlier this evening that stated the father, child , the father's mother and brother went on a vacation. There recently was a FB account that indicated this , a picture of the little girl on that vacation was visible. After the searches went down the picture of child was removed as was any comments posted regarding the vacation .

WHOA!!!

More:

The warrant was issued April 21 and gave authorities 45 days to track James. T. Manley’s 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck.

Three BCI agents went to James Manley’s home on Union Hill Road Monday afternoon to remove the GPS tracking device, said his father, Leonard Manley. Manley was at the home and spoke with agents.
However, Manley said he told the agents that they would not find the device on the truck.

Manley said a BCI agent told him that they were going to arrest his son on felony charges tied to the destruction of government property.

Wonder if this is the same truck belonging to JM that LE towed a few days after the murders. I remember LM pitching a fit about them taking it and how they refused to give it back. Anyone else remember this?

Wonder if this is the same truck belonging to JM that LE towed a few days after the murders. I remember LM pitching a fit about them taking it and how they refused to give it back. Anyone else remember this?

Exactly what I wondered. I remember that very well.

Exactly. I'll have to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure they towed the truck the day of or day after the murders. The kept it for quite a while IIRC.

I don't understand how, if they thought JM was involved, that it took them over 1 yr to get a warrant to put a tracking device on his truck. A guy with no experience in homicide or mass murder, probably little money to hire a good lawyer is able to keep BCI, DeWine & Reader from gathering enough evidence to arrest him for over a year. A year of time, effort and pressure on JM and this is all they came up with? How is this guy such a criminal genius? JMO, he's not.

More than ever, I hope the public finds out something about what's in those autopsy reports. I don't know how they're relevant, but apparently they are.

ETA: I'm going to throw this out there. Mods if it's against TOS, please delete.

What if JM saw or heard something about the murders that LE doesn't want him to talk about? What if all this pressure they've been applying to him and his sister since day one is to make sure they don't talk about something. Just a thought.

Exactly. I'll have to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure they towed the truck the day of or day after the murders. The kept it for quite a while IIRC.

I don't understand how, if they thought JM was involved, that it took them over 1 yr to get a warrant to put a tracking device on his truck. A guy with no experience in homicide or mass murder, probably little money to hire a good lawyer is able to keep BCI, DeWine & Reader from gathering enough evidence to arrest him for over a year. A year of time, effort and pressure on JM and this is all they came up with? How is this guy such a criminal genius? JMO, he's not.

More than ever, I hope the public finds out something about what's in those autopsy reports. I don't know how they're relevant, but apparently they are.
That tracking device went on his truck one day before the anniversary of the mass murder. I'm thinking LE was really reaching for anything. This guy has no criminal record and no reason to kill his little sister and all her family.

Sorry, but I disagree. When someone is a potential suspect (the last person to see any of the victims before their mass murder, against whose home a search warrant has been executed, who were involved in a custody dispute with the deceased mom and who has now disappeared for a cross country jaunt with few possessions, a brother and a 3 yr old child - yeah, it's ok for the public to be concerned. The only outrageous part is that it may be the public who has to pressure LE to do the responsible thing. I hope that isn't the case.

Community leaders have been giving short shrift to the concerns of the "plebians" in this area for, well probably generations. They've done little to nothing to allay the fears of innocent locals terrified of a killer on the loose. Of course they have the right to seek reassurance of the safety of this child.

I can see both sides. He's a grown man, and if he wants to go check out job possibilities in another state, then he is free to do so. If I want to go somewhere, I do. At the end of the day though, his situation is very different than mine. His child's mother and mother's family, were brutally murdered. His child barely escaped being there. At the very least he should have given Reader a heads up, or one of her mother's relatives, that they'd be out of town for awhile, or called to let them know they arrived safely. I'd be worried sick, especially after such horrific losses, and to then have no clue where my four year old great granddaughter was. Not that I'm saying JW would hurt her, but that I'd now be worried that something horrible had happened to them. S has a 1/2 sister, and other living relatives. Responsible adults don't just take a four year old child, and disappear, without letting someone else know where they are headed. Especially in this situation, b/c it also casts suspicion toward him. I've honestly never suspected JW of being involved, but, his actions have caused me to both wonder why he'd just up and disappear, and to worry about him and S. (in that I'm hoping that they're okay).

Well JM or his dad is evidently bright enough to know the tracking device is on his truck. Which leads me to wonder how do they know a tracking device is on their truck? Don't think most people would recognize one.

Hopefully this will wrap up soon. This has gone on long enough for the families.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well JM or his dad is evidently bright enough to know the tracking device is on his truck. Which leads me to wonder how do they know a tracking device is on their truck? Don't think most people would recognize one.
His truck was an old one. It would likely have numerous mechanical problems and he'd have to be looking around in the engine area occasionally.

Just from what I've read online, it's not that difficult to find, especially for people who have some knowledge of auto repair or maintenance. You can do a search on Reddit, You Tube or similar sites and find people who explain how to find and remove them.

Why did it take them a full year to get the warrant? Didn't they probably already have him under surveillance since day 1 when they confiscated his truck? Why didn't they find what they needed in the truck when they first took it? Tire tracks, trace evidence (if he shot that many people in a short period of time, there would at least be some blood evidence).

Hello friends. I'm new to this case and really trying hard to catch up. But I has a question. JM is blood related to the victims, correct?

ETA: I'm going to throw this out there. Mods if it's against TOS, please delete.

What if JM saw or heard something about the murders that LE doesn't want him to talk about? What if all this pressure they've been applying to him and his sister since day one is to make sure they don't talk about something. Just a thought.

I what I assumed at the time was JM drove that particular truck to the crime scene when he discovered DR and then LE towed it. But I could have been mistaken. That truck could have been left at CR1's days earlier, perhaps for him to repair. How common would it be RSD1200 in that area to leave keys in a vehicle you were working on?

Hello friends. I'm new to this case and really trying hard to catch up. But I has a question. JM is blood related to the victims, correct?

:Welcome1:

Yes, JM is the brother of victim DR, brother-in-law to her husband CRSr and uncle to all of their children.

Just from what I've read online, it's not that difficult to find, especially for people who have some knowledge of auto repair or maintenance. You can do a search on Reddit, You Tube or similar sites and find people who explain how to find and remove them.

Why did it take them a full year to get the warrant? Didn't they probably already have him under surveillance since day 1 when they confiscated his truck? Why didn't they find what they needed in the truck when they first took it? Tire tracks, trace evidence (if he shot that many people in a short period of time, there would at least be some blood evidence).

They aren't small objects. Even I'd know this odd thing didn't belong on my car.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.06.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.06.47 PM.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 274
Who went into Dana's residence to check if they were OK? Was that JM?

When they first took JM's truck, if they'd found the tiniest drop of blood in it that was from one of the deceased, he'd have been arrested.

The monsters that slaughtered the Rhodens had blood splatters on their clothing and shoes. LE should have taken every bit of that burn pile and searched for shoe parts, but all they did was look in the trailers.

Please, FBI, interject yourselves into this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk