OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that the polygraph and GPS are totally unrelated to the murders?

Also, wouldn't they require a search warrant to obtain text messages? If so, that has to indicate that they believe either JM or JW was involved in the murders - otherwise no search warrant - no text message.

This is bizarre and why on earth would they tell him there had been a gps on his car? And what what is that true about the text? Thats a good indicator he could be involved. That information should not even be out. This is definitely not what i expected at all. Anxiously awaiting for this to be solved so Dateline or some mystery show can have by far the most interesting episode in history.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is information that Leonard knows would incriminate his son. JMO, the only reason he would reveal it publicly is if he truly believes his son is innocent and wants to show how LE is on the wrong track. Maybe a couple of days ago he though LE was going to arrest JW and/or others for the murders but has since gotten information that they aren't. I get the impression he's tried to cooperate with LE but is just fed up and is telling what he knows.

OH MY GOD, I'm in shock. Is this finally all unravelling? If this is what it looks like, it's just about the very worst, low-down, vile scenario a person could imagine.

I did think the backing away when hearing a baby cry at Dana's was a little red flag way back when. On the other hand, nearly everyone under the sun has been suspected at one time or another.

This case is why I finally made an account here. I hope the murderers are going to be taken out of our society with no more bloodshed. I fear very strongly for more innocent lives to be lost from this point on.

Surely to put a GPS on someone's car they have to present a reasonable piece of information they hope to get from tracking the person's movements, right? So a year after the murders, where could they be trying to catch him going?

For what reason is LM telling the world that BCI said his son failed a polygraph and called JW at 2 am?

JM and Bobby were polygraphed multiple times. JM must have passed the previous polygraphs. When the polygraph operator asked him "Do you know who killed the Rhodens?" JM may have answered "no" but if he strongly suspects JW and grandpa Wagner, his polygraph would show he lied.

Wow
"PIKE COUNTY -- Agents with the Bureau of Criminal Investigation had been tracking a truck being driven by the brother of a victim of the Rhoden family massacre, according to a search warrant obtained the Enquirer Monday afternoon."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Was this warrant this year or last year?
The warrant was issued April 21 and gave authorities 45 days to track James. T. Manley’s 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck.

Sorry, but I disagree. When someone is a potential suspect.....

But that's just it, right now he is only a POTENTIAL suspect.

This isn't to say that LE isn't monitoring the situation, for all we know they have JW (& S) under 24/7 surveillance with wire taps and the whole nine yards. But, until they have enough to evidence to move beyond considering someone a potential suspect they aren't entitled to do a whole lot.

And what if JW isn't involved? Would you really want them to keep the publicizing about the whereabouts of a small child who could be in danger from the same people who killed her mother?

Given the measures taken to protect the two youngest children involved, I'm quite sure that LE is doing all they can to make sure S is safe. Just because they aren't telling is about it doesn't mean they aren't mindful of the situation.

Personally, as frustrating as it is to hear so little of what is being done, I'd rather that they keep quiet and solve this case than to keep the public updated and tip their hand and never have enough to arrest, prosecute and convict the right folks.

Well I know nothing about their honesty, I would hope they wouldn't lie about that and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.. aside from a possible failed polygraph, JM texting JW at 2:00AM on the night of the murders is pretty damning in my opinion.

BCI agents also told the elder Manley Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. Wagner was the long-time boyfriend of one of the Rhoden victims.

I am thinking about the wording. It says a text was sent from his phone. It doesn't say he sent it. A better question might be who had access to his phone that night besides him?

What was the content of that text? Could that "lost" cell phone be what they were searching for? To read that text?

So like 2 days ago LM says they won't solve this in his lifetime. The next day he says he's 90% sure they are going to solve it. Today he's talking about tracking devices on his sons truck BCI dragging his son out of work to take a polygraph that he is told JM failed? It think he's being told what to say. This is absolutely bizarre and gets more and more bizarre.

I'm wondering if news media is getting this April and last April mixed up as to when things were said and done. Everything just gets more confusing in the last few days...

Good grief. I'm afraid of what news I'll wake up to tomorrow morning. smh

Surely to put a GPS on someone's car they have to present a reasonable piece of information they hope to get from tracking the person's movements, right? So a year after the murders, where could they be trying to catch him going?

Per the news article, the warrant for the GPS tracker didn't contain the name of LM, nor did it refer to the Rhoden murders. I find that very suspicious.

BCI agents also told the elder Manley Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. Wagner was the long-time boyfriend of one of the Rhoden victims.

I am thinking about the wording. It says a text was sent from his phone. It doesn't say he sent it. A better question might be who had access to his phone that night besides him?

What was the content of that text? Could that "lost" cell phone be what they were searching for? To read that text?

Yes, that's true. Any number of people, some possibly with bad blood history, could have had access to the phone.

I'm wondering if news media is getting this April and last April mixed up as to when things were said and done. Everything just gets more confusing in the last few days...
I think it has to be April 2017 because IMO they wouldn't have any reason to put a tracker on JM's truck on April 21, 2016 since they Rhoden's weren't found deceased until April 22.

But that's just it, right now he is only a POTENTIAL suspect.

This isn't to say that LE isn't monitoring the situation, for all we know they have JW (& S) under 24/7 surveillance with wire taps and the whole nine yards. But, until they have enough to evidence to move beyond considering someone a potential suspect they aren't entitled to do a whole lot.

And what if JW isn't involved? Would you really want them to keep the publicizing about the whereabouts of a small child who could be in danger from the same people who killed her mother?

Given the measures taken to protect the two youngest children involved, I'm quite sure that LE is doing all they can to make sure S is safe. Just because they aren't telling is about it doesn't mean they aren't mindful of the situation.

Personally, as frustrating as it is to hear so little of what is being done, I'd rather that they keep quiet and solve this case than to keep the public updated and tip their hand and never have enough to arrest, prosecute and convict the right folks.

Sure, it's possible LE knows the whereabouts of SR. But, in this case, I'm not sure I trust LE. Just sayin

But JM didn't go anywhere. He stayed right where he was, going to his job and taking the heat from LE. Doesn't sound like something a person would do who was guilty of murdering his sister and her family.

BTW, did the article indicate he was working in Lima, OH? That's a long way from Pike County.

Wouldn't they have told JM right away that he failed that poly? I don't think it would take the examiner long to tell LE he failed it. If JM knew two weeks ago he failed it, did he tell JW and is that the reason JW went on that long vacation?

Wow! This latest info. about the tracker on JM's truck and the 2:00 a.m. text to JW has me utterly confused. TBH, until this week I didn't expect JW to be involved at all.

You can't help thinking if some incident has occurred that JW wanted HR to sign over parental rights. That is very drastic.

That's very possible given today's technology. But why have they been unable to arrest him after a full year of investigating? Why didn't they find any trace evidence of the murders in his truck?

ETA: The text must not have been incriminating.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this case since day 1 as it's close to where I grew up. Sorry if I break any rules...I'm certainly not claiming to have the answers.

my thoughts on this is that this is much bigger than just the murders. Speculation only, but could be anything from organized crime (MJ found) to paternity of the new baby. JMO but even if LE is certain of a particular persons involvement, they may need to get more evidence to truly tackle the dark secrets in this case. So I really believe it could be so much more than just trying to nail the two individuals on that security footage.

The one thing that really has stood out to me from the beginning is the money found on KR. Coincidence? That really screams of a statement of some sort IMO.

also, I know many are quick to throw JW under the bus and I too think he's not out of the woods with this. But for all we know he or any other person could be cooperating with LE. Or perhaps LE is shaking branches to try and get someone to cooperate. Doesn't mean any one cooperating is innocent or guilty...just that I'm pretty sure there's a much bigger component to all of this than the LE is stating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne