OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pike co probably called Ross co and had them pick JM up on the warrant then sent a sheriff to pick him up at Ross jail and transport him back to pike co.

I think they think his withholding some sort of information not that he did it. JMO of course. He went to check on and found DR. He took a tracking unit off a truck and stayed in town (regardless the reason he gives or actually thought pretty ballsy). Then the cops are like come home and his just like na ima stay here and work. If I read one news report correctly I think it said he was at home that night cutting the grass? He could be a total nut job but it doesn't sound to me like someone that is the least bit concerned about being a suspect of 8 family members murdered.

Now if something happened we are not aware of (attempted or aggravated murder per truck warrant) maybe JM is/was onto the actual suspect and was going to take matters into his own hands...

And there could be reasons that he thinks that justice will not be served by LE. Who would blame him, if that is the case.

It bothers me, the big production that LE made out of the property searches. Sirens and lights flashing all the way to the property, when it had already been established that they weren't there.

Article about JM's arrest, with quotes from Pike Co prosecutor Rob Junk

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...s-tracker-in-pike-county-murder-investigation

As info, James Manley has no prior arrest record.

Looking at his mug shot, I'm not picking up a mass murderer vibe, though that's subjective. Anyone else?

Wonder why Junk is now being quoted in the news media? He usually stays behind the scenes, for good reason.

He's been accused of harassment by former employees, known to belittle plaintiffs, hostile work environment, yelling at female employees, acts in a threatening and intimidating manner.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-claim-harassment-county-prosecutor/26546539/

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ter-hes-charged-with-involuntary-manslaughter

The Rob Junk story is material for Jody Barr. Did he make any new story with the recent developments in the Rhoden case?

Was it coincidence that LE waited until after the 3 searches of Wagner and friend's property to go retrieve the tracking device from JM? They would have known on 4/28 that he removed the device. Why wait until after the searches?

Was it that tracking JM wasn't really useful to them, but they needed a reason to arrest and jail him? Did they bother to try to track JW? Why did they let him leave town, yet they quibble with JM over the tracking device.

How did LE know that JW moved and stored his truckloads of belongings over at the Brown business? Were they tracking him, too? Why did DeWine think it was ok for JW to take the S Rhoden out of town, but threw a fit over JM removing the tracking device? If I didn't know better, I would think JM was being "railroaded".

I think we need to add a new section to our timeline for this. I'm too busy, anyone want to volunteer? TIA

I agree with you about JW not being under surveillance.

I hope he and every member of his family is safe. However in all the possible scenarios, there are sad ones. I fear they are missing.

I wonder if the search on the properties was to find bodies and figure out who packed the moving boxes. I am just speculating.

Can warrants involving "aggravated murder" be issued before bodies are found?

LE isn't looking at the truck ... they are surveiling JM.

Then they lied on their search warrant because they stated the vehicle may have been used in the commission of a crime.

Then they lied on their search warrant because they stated the vehicle may have been used in the commission of a crime.

Are we sure it is for the aggravated murder of the Rhoden ? And not for a more recent one?

I believe it's a pretty safe bet bodies in question would be the 8 victims massacred last year.

I'm not sure you would need a body, just reasonable evidence that aggravated murder took place. For instance a large enough volume of blood can be used to charge a person with murder eta: without a body.

Are we sure it is for the aggravated murder of the Rhoden ? And not for a more recent one?

We don't know. It didn't say.

The warrant was issued April 21 and gave authorities 45 days to track James. T. Manley’s 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck.

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy Hogan, indicate authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime.

However, the warrant never names Manley as a suspect; nor does it say the warrant is tied to the Rhoden homicide investigation.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

March 2017 was when the property on Peterson Road was sold too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita