OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
With their own church on their property, sounds like LE may have expected another Waco.

Has any other outlet mentioned a church on the property? I'm not saying that there is not a church on the property, but, it may have been on there when they purchased the property. They may be living in what once was a parsonage. I don't think that they have gone to AK. I did at first, and they may still be planning to head that way, but JW recently connected with a new SM friend/likely family member. I'm leaning toward extended family possibly helping them to get out of the limelight for awhile. As OP pointed out, JW is not named as a suspect, he's not on parole, and there is no warrant out for his arrest, so he, and his family, can travel freely. At this point, though, I'm not sure what to make of JW.

Has any other outlet mentioned a church on the property? I'm not saying that there is not a church on the property, but, it may have been on there when they purchased the property. They may be living in what once was a parsonage. I don't think that they have gone to AK. I did at first, and they may still be planning to head that way, but JW recently connected with a new SM friend/likely family member. I'm leaning toward extended family possibly helping them to get out of the limelight for awhile. As OP pointed out, JW is not named as a suspect, he's not on parole, and there is no warrant out for his arrest, so he, and his family, can travel freely. At this point, though, I'm not sure what to make of JW.

I am not sure what to make of him either, but it looks off to me. I think that family has been in that area for generations, and have been farmers of a kind, and now they sell up and go to Alaska?

That seems a bit strange to me.

When you're innocent of wrong doing, you don't act guilty. Destroying the GPS tracking device makes JM look guilty, of what I'm not sure. If you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing!
I doubt they placed the tracking device on his vehicle just for the hell of it. They have their reasons.

His mugshot looks like a haggard, haunted, man. Maybe after a year of questioning, taking polygraph tests, some of the locals avoiding him and his family, a measly $10.000 reward for leading to the arrest of the killer(s) or $1,250 per life, of his family members, maybe he found the tracking device in his truck, and just kind of snapped. I'd be ticked if I were innocent and had been subjected to all of that over the past year and then they sneak a tracking device on my truck? I would hope that I'd call my lawyer, but, I'm not sure I'd have any money left to pay her, b/c I'd have called her on April 21st of 2016, when they took my truck, at the scene. Sometimes people have so much on them, that they just lose their temper, and an inanimate object takes the brunt.

His mugshot looks like a haggard, haunted, man. Maybe after a year of questioning, taking polygraph tests, some of the locals avoiding him and his family, a measly $10.000 reward for leading to the arrest of the killer(s) or $1,250 per life, of his family members, maybe he found the tracking device in his truck, and just kind of snapped. I'd be ticked if I were innocent and had been subjected to all of that over the past year and then they sneak a tracking device on my truck? I would hope that I'd call my lawyer, but, I'm not sure I'd have any money left to pay her, b/c I'd have called her on April 21st of 2016, when they took my truck, at the scene. Sometimes people have so much on them, that they just lose their temper, and an inanimate object takes the brunt.

Yes and he has had to watch his elderly father be almost harassed by LE and the press, has seen his younger sister asked 'How much did you pay them to kill your sister'. This is a very, very unprofessional investigation and they should all be fired. This is not how a professional law enforcement department works.

The property with the church is beautiful! Does anybody know what breed of horses are being raised there?

I read that they raised Friesian horses. Do you have a link to the pictures of the church? They raise a little of everything from pigs, to Mastiffs, to Friesians, to mini horses.

It was damaged or destroyed and stopped tracking. The officers were sent to retrieve it because it costs hundreds of dollars.

That's my point. They knew. However, they didn't have to make it public. They could have gone there when JM was home, and taken him in, if he couldn't produce the tracker. They didn't have to share info with LM, either. They've spent tens of thousands of dollars on this case and will spend tens of thousands more. A couple hundred dollars to replace a tracker wasn't going to make or break them. They knew it wasn't working and they made going and getting it very public for a reason. Just my take.

Was it coincidence that LE waited until after the 3 searches of Wagner and friend's property to go retrieve the tracking device from JM? They would have known on 4/28 that he removed the device. Why wait until after the searches?

Was it that tracking JM wasn't really useful to them, but they needed a reason to arrest and jail him? Did they bother to try to track JW? Why did they let him leave town, yet they quibble with JM over the tracking device.

How did LE know that JW moved and stored his truckloads of belongings over at the Brown business? Were they tracking him, too? Why did DeWine think it was ok for JW to take the S Rhoden out of town, but threw a fit over JM removing the tracking device? If I didn't know better, I would think JM was being "railroaded".

I think we need to add a new section to our timeline for this. I'm too busy, anyone want to volunteer? TIA

BBM

Exactly.

If that was previously JW's truck, JM likely told JW there was a tracking device found on it. JM wouldn't have known the precise date the tracking device was placed on the truck. He bought it in March and might have thought the tracking device was on it for many months and told JW that.

If that was previously JW's truck, JM likely told JW there was a tracking device found on it. JM wouldn't have known the precise date the tracking device was placed on the truck. He bought it in March and might have thought the tracking device was on it for many months and told JW that.

But do we know that he bought it from JW or just that it was bought in the same month that the property was sold?

I don't think any of the people connected to the recent three search warrants have that vibe, at least from pics and social media.
The ambulance and SWAT team were at Gramma and Grampa's horse farm, they seem nice and unthreatening to me but the cops must have had a reason for such a show of force.

Their photos don't present them as being the kind of folks who'd try to coerce a 19-year-old to give them complete custody of her toddler, but they may have done that.

But do we know that he bought it from JW or just that it was bought in the same month that the property was sold?
I'm guessing. It would be interesting to know how much he paid for it or if it was "gifted" to him by someone.

I wonder if there's anyone missing from Pike Co or the surrounding area since March/April? Perhaps someone who was suspected to be involved in the Rhoden murders.

Maybe a couple of people decided to get some payback. LE catches wind of it happening but don't have a body or witness, so they turn up the pressure on those they suspect carried out the revenge.

LE makes arrests in the revenge killing, pins the Rhoden murders on the recently deceased, and everything is wrapped up nice and tight.

Total hypothetical but stranger things have happened...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's my point. They knew. However, they didn't have to make it public. They could have gone there when JM was home, and taken him in, if he couldn't produce the tracker. They didn't have to share info with LM, either. They've spent tens of thousands of dollars on this case and will spend tens of thousands more. A couple hundred dollars to replace a tracker wasn't going to make or break them. They knew it wasn't working and they made going and getting it very public for a reason. Just my take.

I could be wrong, but wasn't it LM who made this public? My understanding is that BCI went to JM's house and LM followed them up there and shouted a profanity at them. I think things went downhill from there, if that is even possible and LM volunteered to them that JM had removed the GPS tracker.

My understanding is LM also provided the press with a copy of the GPS warrant and I think he also volunteered to the press that JM flunked a recent polygraph.

Manley has owned that truck since March of this year. He didn't own it at the time of the massacre. LE got a warrant saying it was used in the massacre. From whom did JM purchase that truck?

VIN: 1GCGK24R1VZ224622
Ohio registration HA W7383

I'm guessing. It would be interesting to know how much he paid for it or if it was "gifted" to him by someone.
I am not sure that I am following your train of thought. These are not desperately poor people who have to be "gifted" a second hand vehicle, are they? I am not sure that you are meaning that he would accept a truck in recompense for killing his sister and her whole family? I am sorry if I am not understanding you.

Are we sure it is for the aggravated murder of the Rhoden ? And not for a more recent one?

I think BCI knows exactly what the are doing. The vehicle was owned by someone else when the Rhoden murders were committed and though the fact that JM purchased this truck on March 2, 2017 is available online to the public, the name of the previous owner is very difficult for an ordinary citizen to obtain.

My guess is LE knows exactly who owned that truck when the murders occurred and they know it wasn't JM. I'm not thinking there is another aggravated murder out there - could be wrong, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I am not sure that I am following your train of thought. These are not desperately poor people who have to be "gifted" a second hand vehicle, are they? I am not sure that you are meaning that he would accept a truck in recompense for killing his sister and her whole family? I am sorry if I am not understanding you.
Perhaps he worked on someone's cars and was given the truck as payment. I don't believe he participated in his sister's and family's murders.

I seem to remember that JM was at the Rhoden's residence the morning of the massacre to deliver a car payment. Did he take possession of the title of this truck in March 2017 after paying the Rhoden estate the final payment or is this a different truck?

BBM

Exactly.

I don't know but perhaps the big show of LE for the searches was to shake up JM - get him to go somewhere perhaps to check on something? Maybe at that point they didn't need GPS tracking because they were watching him to see where he went?

My guess is LE had a tracking device on the Wagner vehicles, too.

Hopefully time will tell.

The total purchase price is listed as $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021