Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with your opinions as possibility and did think of them myself. My focus on passion was not the engagement ring it was more the burning. There are many a reported case of a breakup and a woman being set alight. This I feel could be a variation on that. The engagement ring going missing supported that theory.

Here are a compilation of news reports at the time including photos of Deborah, the car and areas she was seen.
Mentions "small amount of cash".

[video=youtube;UbT24_IDZt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbT24_IDZt0[/video]
[video=youtube;EqWmzgOzD-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWmzgOzD-s[/video]

My main reason for leaning away from the jealous lover is the location she was left. It's. ..bogan... for want of a better word. Mundane location for crime passionale. They tend to dump somewhere more secluded. ..or more "angry" than a shopping centre carpark.

Rsbm
Rsbm
Here are a compilation of news reports at the time including photos of Deborah, the car and areas she was seen.
Rsbm

Thanks very much for the clips DRT

Agree anna.w. I think almost everything has been discussed on this thread in the past. Ive been reading along since its inception but chose not to participate until the conversation moved slightly away from CSK for personal reasons, albeit it being reason I discovered this site to begin with and the reason we are here. I think the fact there appear to be quite a few local WA folks engaging atm also makes for relevant discussion of other missing ladies from the area. We sure have enough of them to discuss. Furthermore, im not sure how much additional we can throw out on CSK considering we are awaiting a trial and I dont see there being the slightest chance of any more info we are able to talk about. So, personally, Im happy to have the discussion flow in any direction it flows for along as the mods will allow it or until it flows back again. One thing that that strikes me along with fresh eyes & new ideas, is some of the less obvious observations/conclusions etc that have been drawn previously that pop up again. And whilst I remember some previous discussions more than others, sometimes i go back and not remember having read it at all, or it appears different and my opinion has changed. So chat away I say.
Now DA. Wish I knew more. I remember it happening & just thinking... What? I dont think we ever got conclusive answers then as to why they thought her car went to Gero or what the circumstances may have been.
I'd like to know how much money was taken out of her account for starters? If it was just enough for the day, she probably was planning on going to the zoo.
Who was driving along Brand Highway, was the car seen or was she seen?
Why geraldton - because it corresponds with the odometer and its as good a guess as anywhere else north of perth or was the sighting close to there? For me personally, unless these are answered I could speculate for months and it would be pointless.

Good questions, i was thinking along same lines. Why certain she went Geraldton? Did she know someone there? if so who?. If the car was burnt to buggery, the speedometer would not be in play (i am assuming here and stand ready to be corrected). I also would like to know how much money she withdrew. The secret boyfriend...did he really exist. Apparently nobody ever met him. In my opinion suicide is very unlikely. How would you set fire to your car and then sit there waiting to burn? Women generally choose less violent ways to suicide, eg, pills, slashing wrists whereas men/boys overwhelmingly choose hangining, guns, carbon monoxide and even deliberate motor vehicle crashes. However, what was really going on in her life. she had been living with her mother in UK for almost 10 years and had only returned to Perth to live with her father the previous year.

What happened to Deborah Anderson according to UK psychic Diane Lazarus:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/fresh-attempt-at-solving-coldcase-20110816-1ivpr.html

To be taken with a huge grain of salt of course.

These "psychics" need neutering. She can give such graphic detail and even sees the father of the killer...but...she can't provide a name and address....like all the other bloodsuckers who preyed on the families who are looking desperately for answers.

There's an alternative thread open for the many other Perth unsolved missing and murdered cases. for example locating Sarah Spiers, Julie Cutler, who killed Kerry Turner, and if there was a rogue cop ala Judge Dredd like, killing prostitutes, drug dealers culminating in the murder of Shirley Finn in the 1970's
IMO, all the posts unrelated to the present CSK case should be on there.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?327387-AUSTRALIA-Perth-missing-murdered-SK-victims

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I disagree that all other discussion should be moved to the other thread. I think small discussions and possible connections keep this thread alive.

Serial killer threads are about possible victims and possible offenders.

I agree if anything becomes too big, goes on for too long, takes too many side tangents, then it should move to the group thread or get its own thread.

Even though we disagree on this issue, I appreciate how you respectfully stated your point-of-view. And I will check out the other thread more often.

Using your logic Sutton we should open this CSK thread to discussing any person aged 17-27 years old, murdered in a Perth suburb, from 1988 to 1997, where the killer kept a trophy???

Yes, though I think your parameters are too narrow. I think anyone who meets this criteria can be brought up on this thread and we can discuss any similarities. If it seems unrelated, the conversation can be moved elsewhere.

I think the engagement ring give everyone a false focus of crime of passion. I look at the whole and think...took money at ATM... maybe carjacked by someone desperate to get to Geraldton (drugs? Other nefarious reasons?)... driven back to Middle Swan (very near Midland) ...all lower SES and rougher neighbourhoods (not Woodvale though)... perp robs her, hurts her mortally (meaning to or not) and panics and sets fire to destroy evidence (probably had a police record for petty crime), leaving the car in a small shop carpark that he was familiar with so he could run and disappear. Close enough to Midland to be feasible.
Engagement rings are generally worth a few dollars. Easy money.

I agree with your general theory, Bunnie. DA was taken by a stranger who probably intended to rob her. For whatever reason they drove to Geraldton and back and then he had to kill her and get rid of any evidence.

In the first video DRT posted, an ear witness said he heard a loud bang similar to a shotgun blast shortly after midnight. If it was a shot, you'd think the police would have evidence and therefore would not have considered suicide. Maybe it was the fuel tank exploding? I don't know how loud that would be.

Good questions, i was thinking along same lines. Why certain she went Geraldton? Did she know someone there? if so who?. If the car was burnt to buggery, the speedometer would not be in play (i am assuming here and stand ready to be corrected). I also would like to know how much money she withdrew. The secret boyfriend...did he really exist. Apparently nobody ever met him. In my opinion suicide is very unlikely. How would you set fire to your car and then sit there waiting to burn? Women generally choose less violent ways to suicide, eg, pills, slashing wrists whereas men/boys overwhelmingly choose hangining, guns, carbon monoxide and even deliberate motor vehicle crashes. However, what was really going on in her life. she had been living with her mother in UK for almost 10 years and had only returned to Perth to live with her father the previous year.

I assume a smallish car like that would have needed to be re-fueled to do 800km? And most petrol stations these days have security cameras. Sorry if I've missed something as I'm new to this story - but is this why it is known she went to Geraldton? And that she was with someone?

...Sorry if I've missed something as I'm new to this story - but is this why it is known she went to Geraldton? And that she was with someone?

Snipped. It's not known that she was with someone. It was reported DA may have had an older secret bf that she went to meet, but that's never been confirmed. The discussion that she was with someone is just a suggested theory, AFAIK.

How police determined she travelled to Geraldton has never been revealed. Missingandmurdered reads, A few months later new forensic evidence revealed the white Ford Laser with registration KA6594 she had borrowed from a family friend had travelled to Geraldton and back on the day that her charred remains were found.

CrimeStoppers reads, Inquiries also revealed that Deborah may have driven along the Brand Highway, as far as Geraldton before returning to Perth the morning of January 25.

What happened to Deborah Anderson according to UK psychic Diane Lazarus:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/fresh-attempt-at-solving-coldcase-20110816-1ivpr.html

To be taken with a huge grain of salt of course.

A huge grain of salt is not enough for these "people".

Let's say she is legit, what is to be gained by telling an already grieving family she was brutally raped? It does nothing but cause unnecessary pain.

There may be legitimate psychics out there, but they are outnumbered a thousand to one by the nut jobs praying on vulnerable grieving families for kicks and money. This article tells me more about this so called "psychic" than the murder of DA.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but pissed off at the "psychics" that caused SS father so much pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A huge grain of salt is not enough for these "people".

Let's say she is legit, what is to be gained by telling an already grieving family she was brutally raped? It does nothing but cause unnecessary pain.

There may be legitimate psychics out there, but they are outnumbered a thousand to one by the nut jobs praying on vulnerable grieving families for kicks and money. This article tells me more about this so called "psychic" than the murder of DA.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but pissed off at the "psychics" that caused SS father so much pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoWA,

Good point. What really amazes me about psychics are people who pay to have a reading, which I believe can be expensive. Like anyone can tell us how our future will turn out.

I assume a smallish car like that would have needed to be re-fueled to do 800km? And most petrol stations these days have security cameras. Sorry if I've missed something as I'm new to this story - but is this why it is known she went to Geraldton? And that she was with someone?

I don't believe a 1990 laser would have driven 800km without a refuel. From what I have read had a 45 litre tank and the cars of that time were not as efficient as they are now. I would be guessing 500 to 600 km maximum so I would be guessing there was a refuel. A car with more in the fuel tank is going to burn more.
1985-1989 lasers were very common at the time. I wondered how someone could say that they saw the car on the Brand Highway and the only possibly distinctive feature of the car would be the licence plate.

For those outside Western Australia at the time the licence plates would have started with either a 7 or an 8 Eg 7AA - 000. The KA licence plate was from a regional area called Katanning. It may catch some one's eye if they were from that district or because it was non standard. I believe it was his father's de facto's car that was borrowed from the news clip.
http://profemery.info/entertainment/rego.html

As Katanning is South of Perth and about a 7 hour drive to Geraldton it may be an unusual licence plate.

I don't believe a 1990 laser would have driven 800km without a refuel. From what I have read had a 45 litre tank and the cars of that time were not as efficient as they are now. I would be guessing 500 to 600 km maximum so I would be guessing there was a refuel. A car with more in the fuel tank is going to burn more.
1985-1989 lasers were very common at the time. I wondered how someone could say that they saw the car on the Brand Highway and the only possibly distinctive feature of the car would be the licence plate.

For those outside Western Australia at the time the licence plates would have started with either a 7 or an 8 Eg 7AA - 000. The KA licence plate was from a regional area called Katanning. It may catch some one's eye if they were from that district or because it was non standard. I believe it was his father's de facto's car that was borrowed from the news clip.

As Katanning is South of Perth and about a 7 hour drive to Geraldton it may be an unusual licence plate.
The father and de facto expected DA to return the car in a timely manner as mentioned below - does not seem like a planned trip to Geraldton if this did indeed occur:

[FONT=&amp]"Deborah spent the holiday residing at her father’s Woodvale home where she was last seen alive by him at 9.00am on Monday the 24th of January 2000. When he returned shortly afterwards at 11.45am he noticed his defacto’s vehicle missing and assumed Deborah had borrowed the car with the intention of returning it by the afternoon so his defacto could drive to work."

[/FONT]
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/deborah-anderson/

DA had returned to Perth in August 1999 and went missing in January 2000 - just a matter of months really.

Perhaps she met someone at the cooking school ([FONT=&quot]Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management)[/FONT]?

Used to own a similar car (hatch not sedan)... about 450km country driving on a full tank. Geraldton is a rural, country town. Fuel stations are not on every corner. Perth to Gero is a few clicks over 400km one way, so the car would have to refuel at least once, most likely twice, to get from Woodvale/Geraldton/near Midland.

The father and de facto expected DA to return the car in a timely manner as mentioned below - does not seem like a planned trip to Geraldton if this did indeed occur:

[FONT=&amp]"Deborah spent the holiday residing at her father’s Woodvale home where she was last seen alive by him at 9.00am on Monday the 24th of January 2000. When he returned shortly afterwards at 11.45am he noticed his defacto’s vehicle missing and assumed Deborah had borrowed the car with the intention of returning it by the afternoon so his defacto could drive to work."

[/FONT]
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/deborah-anderson/

DA had returned to Perth in August 1999 and went missing in January 2000 - just a matter of months really.

Perhaps she met someone at the cooking school ([FONT=&amp]Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management)[/FONT]?

Didn't you ever do anything as a young person say "Sure the car will be home on time?" or "I'll be home before midnight". All I am saying is just because she was asked to have it back by the afternoon doesn't mean she had any intention of it.

Also the possibility that she was car-jacked so that someone could go to Geraldton or elsewhere, but I couldn't see the point in keeping her in the car if that was the case.

Middle Swan is close to the Great Northern Highway that connects to the Brand Highway, but also connects to areas that head East and even South.

A few months later new forensic evidence revealed the white Ford Laser with registration KA6594 she had borrowed from a family friend had travelled to Geraldton and back...

In other words, a few months later a speeding fine was issued to the car's owner, with the evidence being an image taken by a speed camera on Brand Highway.

In other words, a few months later a speeding fine was issued to the car's owner, with the evidence being an image taken by a speed camera on Brand Highway.
Or dirt/plant material was found under the car which matches dirt from around Geraldton? As the car has a firewall under the car there is a chance that the bottom of the car was not damaged by fire? All mere speculation...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

News today 'No body, no parole' laws in WA:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-...e-laws-metronet-boost-home-buyers-hit/8534814

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...n/news-story/229db7f18a5593f77a61596e7b6348af

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-05-17 12.19.33.png
    Screenshot 2017-05-17 12.19.33.png
    449 KB · Views: 191
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors