Found Deceased MA - Michael Doherty, 20, Franklin, 14 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
His friends might have all been too drunk to drive. (My speculation.)

I'm so confused. Why would he turn down a ride from his friends, but text his brothers for a ride?

I wouldn't let a friend walk alone at 1:30 AM even if it was "just a mile".

I just watched a PC with his parents. Not much news, although his Mom did clarify that he had a planned ride home from the party. He decided to stay later, and texted his brother for a ride at about 12:30. His brother was asleep, and didn't see the text until about 3:30 am.

Another Boston young man missing:
Lexington police are investigating the disappearance of a 26-year-old man last seen on Thursday, according Captain John Mazerall.

Ram Jayakumar drove away from his home on May 11, telling his parents he would be back in an hour. He did not return, Mazearall said.

His car was located the next morning parked on Bay State Road, near Silber Way, in Boston.

Jayakumar, a graduate of Brown University, had a blue backpack when he left. A man of Indian descent, Jayakumar has black hair and wears glasses. He stands about 5-foot-6 tall and weighs about 120 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Lexington Police at 781-862-1212.

Wow, can someone start a thread for Ram? http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/indian-american_brown_grad_cou.html

His friends might have all been too drunk to drive. (My speculation.)

Good point. If so, perhaps Michael didn't want to ride with them for that very reason.

I know I tell my children if offered a ride by someone who has been drinking at all, they are to call me no matter what, no questions asked (they would definitely get a lecture afterwards, but I wouldn't want them to hesitate to reach out just because they or their friends have been engaging in behavior that I wouldn't approve of). Or to call 911 if someone's life is in danger due to drug overdose, alcohol poisoning, etc. Sure, there will be consequences, but that would still be much better than having to live the rest of your life knowing you could have saved someone's life and you didn't. There is no guarantee they will when faced with these types of situations, but I just want to them to know nothing is worth losing your life or your friends' lives.

Another thing is Michael isn't of drinking age. Maybe he thought if his parents found out, they would complain to the person -and/or his/er parent(s)- who furnished the alcohol and they would get into trouble, and thus he only texted his brothers.

I just feel so terrible for his family. For one of his shoes to be found, followed by the other shoe, it's like they are being subjected to some sort of cruel, prolonged torture ... :(.

I wonder if he lost one shoe in the mud or muck and then tried to walk while wearing only one for a bit. Then took it off because it's easier to walk barefoot.

That makes sense to me but then there's his shirt. Not sure about that.

It's odd to me that police don't suspect foul play...

What do they think happened? That he decided to go streaking and stumbled and fell somewhere?

That he got lost disoriented and froze to death? If he was simply lost and still alive, he would have turned up already?

I'm reminded of the Leanne Bearden case. Police had reason to not suspect foul play and it turned out to be true. Based on the info we have, it doesn't make sense, but perhaps they have a bit more info.

I'm reminded of the Leanne Bearden case. Police had reason to not suspect foul play and it turned out to be true. Based on the info we have, it doesn't make sense, but perhaps they have a bit more info.

Wasn't Leanne Bearden's a suicide?

I think perhaps my original comment was misworded. By, "turned out to be true", I meant that the police's suspicions were correct, that it was not the result of foul play.

It's odd to me that police don't suspect foul play..

it isn't the first time in a decade that a "kid" in the area was drunk, wandered into a swamp and died--http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/the-night-taylor-died/article_74c5af34-f715-5c32-ab77-829e02bbc13e.html -- this was in the town next to Franklin. I hope beyond hope that that isn't what happened, but I think the driving theory is just that. The weather here that night, was awful-- and it's been super rainy so the swamp may have swelled more than he expected, there were no street lights to guide him, he had no phone/flashlight. It all kind of seems like a perfect storm. JMO

it isn't the first time in a decade that a "kid" in the area was drunk, wandered into a swamp and died--http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/the-night-taylor-died/article_74c5af34-f715-5c32-ab77-829e02bbc13e.html -- this was in the town next to Franklin. I hope beyond hope that that isn't what happened, but I think the driving theory is just that. The weather here that night, was awful-- and it's been super rainy so the swamp may have swelled more than he expected, there were no street lights to guide him, he had no phone/flashlight. It all kind of seems like a perfect storm. JMO

I dont think that is the case. The police need to go back to the beginning. The party. Someone at that party knows what happened to him. Either on his way back someone stopped or at the end of the party something happened. Again someone knows what happened.

They talked with 30 kids from the party. I think they know his state of mind. Just sayin. I hope it's not true but Ocam's Razor is rarely wrong.

When I was in college, I will be honest, I was kinda an emotional drunk. When I got drunk I'd get very upset at times over small things. I remember randomly leaving parties without anyone else and walking home alone. I didnt want company or be around friends at that time and I know if I was very comfortable with an area and it was raining I may look to take a short cut i knew or even just perceived from knowing the area.

I dont think it would be weird for him to make a sudden decision to walk a short cut, in the rain, only a mile away after his brothers didnt reply. I dont think this was foul play. I think it was poor and unfortunate choices made by a intoxicated young man. Just like many of the cases we see here

When I was in college, I will be honest, I was kinda an emotional drunk. When I got drunk I'd get very upset at times over small things. I remember randomly leaving parties without anyone else and walking home alone. I didnt want company or be around friends at that time and I know if I was very comfortable with an area and it was raining I may look to take a short cut i knew or even just perceived from knowing the area.

I dont think it would be weird for him to make a sudden decision to walk a short cut, in the rain, only a mile away after his brothers didnt reply. I dont think this was foul play. I think it was poor and unfortunate choices made by a intoxicated young man. Just like many of the cases we see here
Totally agree. I do not get a vibe leaning toward foul play at all. I think 1) tragic accident or 2) suicide. For some reason when I first read this case, it reminded me of a young man who went missing a few years ago in Ohio. After searching for several days he was actually found in the building next door, having committed suicide. Can't remember his name though...

ETA: found it -- Brogan Dulle http://www.wlwt.com/article/coroner-brogan-dulle-s-death-was-suicide/3543171

Totally agree. I do not get a vibe leaning toward foul play at all. I think 1) tragic accident or 2) suicide. For some reason when I first read this case, it reminded me of a young man who went missing a few years ago in Ohio. After searching for several days he was actually found in the building next door, having committed suicide. Can't remember his name though...

Brogan Dulle. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member