OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe, JM did go into DM's house and that's what is tripping him up on the polygraph.

I am thinking (because I believe I read it in an article) that since it is quoted that she was nursing R or had just finishing nursing - that maybe her breasts were exposed when he went in the bedroom ? He might have thought Hanna would have been exposed in the same way since she was nursing K. We don't know that there was some purposeful posing of the victims ?

I know I would have been traumatized even w/o nudity ? given the violence of the murders.

Again, just postulating why he would not retrieve the infant K when he heard her crying.

He probably began looking at himself to see if there was any blood on him. Just cannot imagine the horrific scenes.

IIRC, it was his sister BJM who discovered FR & HG, who news reports say may have been nursing her baby when she died. JM wouldn't have known that unless BJM told him.

So, if DR was texting at 2 AM, the murders had to have taken place after that. There's always been a lot of speculation about whether DR was still awake or had been awakened by the killers, as JM said he saw her feet when he opened the front door.

Makes you wonder if CR Sr was the first place the killers attacked and if he had time to call DR and awaken her before he was killed. If so, they probably went immediately to DR's. Otherwise she probably would have had time to call 911. That's why I wonder whether there was more than 1 group or individuals roaming around UH road that night. If they killed CR Sr and GR first, they probably would have also felt the need to go next door to FR's too. Did they split up, one going to FR's the other to DR?

Didn't these people ever sleep? And is it usual to start a job at 8am and finish at 11pm?

Does LM, and family, not have lawyers who has advised them? I'm not being mean but bless his heart, he really shouldn't talk to them.

Again, I've always wondered why JM would say he didn't want to "find his niece like that", when he could hear the infant crying. That statement has never made sense to me.

DR was on on FB, that night, right at 1:00 a.m. She posted two shares. I've got a screenshot, but unsure about TOS re; posting it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember JM stating that directly, that he didn't want to see his niece like that. I thought it was his wife who told that to reporters.

Ok, found a link....

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wgrz.com/amp//news/nation-now/ohio-massacre-i-was-not-leaving-those-babies-in-there/185980446

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there," said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."

We should probably ask mods about DR's Facebook posts.

JM's response on discovering his sister's body & hearing baby cry has always struck me as "off", but it could be written off to panic of the moment. The texting by him and his wife that night could be innocent, but in light of timing, etc. it doesn't look good.

ETA: What prallypie said above is correct, I think. That came up recently with another victim's FB page.

He may have been able to see blood splatters.

If they could only see my wardrobe... Is it going to be dark black, light black, off black, or very dark grey, today? Good grief, the man is wearing a black shirt in the photo.

You are from the area. May I ask, does LM have a common local accent? Is there anything unique about it?

I have an accent too. Not like his though.

Good question.

When LM talks about the prosecutor needing a warrant next time LE comes to his house, it sounds like LM has been cooperating with them. He's talked to them without benefit of an attorney. That's a very trusting and risky thing for him to do and now he feels like they've betrayed his trust. JMO, it also sounds like Leonard never had reason to suspect his son or daughter were involved in the murders. He's tried to do the right thing and now feels betrayed. He's probably thinking LE may try to entrap him next.

Leonard wants these killers caught and it sounds like he has his own idea about who was involved. He's probably shared that with LE and is upset they're focusing on his own family instead.

But, yeah, any family member who has been talking to LE for over a year, without getting an attorney to represent him sounds 100% cooperative. That's a lot coming from a county where people don't have much trust in a local LE agency with a checkered past .

I agree. Also, a lot of folks don't trust lawyers, and many folks believe that if they are innocent that they don't need a lawyer when speaking with LE, however, I personally believe that this is a mistaken assumption.

We should probably ask mods about DR's Facebook posts.

JM's response on discovering his sister's body & hearing baby cry has always struck me as "off", but it could be written off to panic of the moment. The texting by him and his wife that night could be innocent, but in light of timing, etc. it doesn't look good.

ETA: What prallypie said above is correct, I think. That came up recently with another victim's FB page.

I don't think that I can post it. It's nothing jaw dropping. It simply shows she was on there at around 1:00 a.m. However, the two shares were removed.

The cleared areas that the power poles are placed in to allow for access to the power lines.

Is it odd that LE documented what Len yelled at them yesterday (you b@sta@rds)? I can feel his frustration, but I would not recommend screaming obscenities at the cops.

<modsnip>

If you look on the last thread, somebody very helpfully posted a map which showed a direct route from point A to point B involving the power lines.

I am thinking (because I believe I read it in an article) that since it is quoted that she was nursing R or had just finishing nursing - that maybe her breasts were exposed when he went in the bedroom ? He might have thought Hanna would have been exposed in the same way since she was nursing K. We don't know that there was some purposeful posing of the victims ?

I know I would have been traumatized even w/o nudity ? given the violence of the murders.

Again, just postulating why he would not retrieve the infant K when he heard her crying.

He probably began looking at himself to see if there was any blood on him. Just cannot imagine the horrific scenes.

I think seeing my possibly murdered, niece's, breasts would be the last thought on my mind (no snark intended). If I rolled up to my sister's house, and she was dead, on the floor, but I heard my infant niece crying, I'd sincerely hope that I'd be more like BJM, and roll up in that trailer, grab that baby, wrap it up, and take it out of there (after making sure I couldn't help someone in there...).

If you look on the last thread, somebody very helpfully posted a map which showed a direct route from point A to point B involving the power lines.

Thanks. Don't have time to sift through pages of that thread. I catch your drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, here's an updated version of the first few days surrounding the murders.

Note: I misspoke earlier. In Jody Barr's news report, he said LM told him AM texted DR around 1 AM the night of the murders.

Thursday, 4/21/2016

8am: Dana arrives at work - Hillcrest Nursing Home

11pm: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 pm - Dana arrives home

Friday, 4/22/2016

1 am: April Manley, sister in law of Dana Rhoden, exchanges text messages with Dana

[video=youtube;bf4ObgRJ_Xo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4ObgRJ_Xo[/video]

2 am: James Manley texted Jake Wagner, ex-boyfriend of Hanna Rhoden and father of her oldest daughter

ibid

Between 2 am and 7 am - the following were murdered

Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55>

7:15 am: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s property to feed his animals. She says she was with two friends, identities have varied, not confirmed.

7:15 to 7:40?: She uses a key to unlock the front door and sees the bodies of Gary & Chris Rhoden Sr. Exact time not known
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

7:49 am: Bobby Jo calls 911

ibid.

7:53 am: PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

Approx 7:55 am: Billy Jo Manley runs next door to trailer of Frankie Rhoden & Hannah Gilley. Door is locked, she hears toddler inside, asks him to open the door. She then discovers the bodies of Frankie & Hannah. She takes the children outside to her car.

Ibid.

7:15 &#8211; 7:53 am Some time after discovering the bodies, Billy Jo Manley calls her brother James Manley. He and his son go to the home of Dana Rhoden and discover she is dead. According to his wife, James doesn&#8217;t go further into Dana&#8217;s home, though he can see her legs and hear a baby crying

Ibid

8:07 am: Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am: Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page57>

8:21 am: PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohi...g-pike-county/

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page62>

12:13 pm: at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page62>

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

Saturday, 4/23/2016

3:41am - LE arrives at Bobby Jo Manley's residence to question her; 5 others also questioned

??: Kenny Rhoden (cousin) calls 911 in Greenup Co, KY stating he is being chased by a green Chrysler.

You are from the area. May I ask, does LM have a common local accent? Is there anything unique about it?

I have an accent too. Not like his though.

For some regions, yes. Some folk's accents are thicker than other's though. I'm told mine is more of a drawl (I've been asked to repeat words or some words I say may sound like other words, and I live in the foothills). My kids poke fun at mine. His is pretty thick, but I can understand him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4