OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
]If someone had friends in the region,[/B] and had visited the area before, kept in contact, and decided they wanted to move to that beautiful part of the world that they fell in love with, then it might not be as far-fetched of an idea. These are folks who have moved in a different circle than the Rhodens or the Manleys. I'm not saying their circle is better, it's just broader. These folks that are into these horses travel around far and wide to go to clinics, create and join FB groups to keep in contact, etc... Those contacts could come in handy. The Ws may be the exception though.

I see your point and I do believe they have friends or relatives there. But if they went there to hide from LE and an arrest warrant is issued for the murder of 8 people, I don't care how close a family member or friend you are, I am calling LE immediately. I would absolutely not want to be involved in that and aiding a fugitive carries a hefty sentence.

LM stated a while back that BJM had failed one of her polygraphs (I believe it was the initial one) because, IIRC, statements she made concerning her actions upon arriving at the scene. JM failed one of his as well. I really and truly feel for LM, and I understand his desire to protect his family, but I also feel - giving him the full benefit of doubt, there is a whole lot of denial going on in that head of his.
LE would not be "harrassing" his family if they would stop - from LE's point of view "hindering the investigation" by holding back. Even if they have valid reasons.
JM told Len that he sent the text at 8 but JW didn't receive it until 2. Len is choosing to believe that. It is completely possible it is true and it is completely possible JM lied to his father. I do not want to believe family had anything to do with the murders but at this point I have to believe they (JM and BJM) know more than they are saying, which in turn is causing their parents undue stress as a reult.

I looked for something stating she failed, can you help with the video or article? Here are the ones I located. I also keep in mind the things LManley states are what he has been told. What if he isn't being told the whole truth? How would we know?

"Bobby Jo Manley said during an interview at her home Wednesday that a BCI agent drove her to Columbus on March 14 to take the test. She said she passed the test."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...hopes-new-poster-sparks-information/99519916/

"On Monday, a state agent told Leonard Manley that his son failed the test. The Enquirer was unable to reach James Manley on Tuesday.
Manley's youngest daughter, Bobby Jo, has said she took two polygraph tests and was told she passed both of them."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...victims-charged-evidence-tampering/326132001/

I have always thought KR was killed, not as a piece of the other 7 murder scheme, but separately.

KR's murder didn't match the other murders.

My theories:

1. He was killed to make the crimes appear to be drug cartel, thus the scattering of cash around his body (cartel "statement")

2. He was an accomplice.

3. He was killed as simply robbery, as a crime of opportunity, because the killers knew he kept large amounts of cash.

May I add a 4th? He was killed because of second-guessing by the killers. Perhaps they were concerned a text was sent. Maybe after the killing spree, they discussed the operation and felt KR was a risk, too, so had someone go back to kill him. Time was short, they had to do it quickly. If, as LE says, the killers were local, one of them could have returned to the area a second time.

ETA: Ballistics would probably give LE the answer to that question.

Heat from LE may or may not have had an impact on selling a property for $10,000 under what they paid. Maybe they just wanted to leave the area where relatives (of the child now living with them) were killed? I sure wouldn't want to stick around a place like that. (Just another possibility, not sure what I really think...)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think you're right about the autopsy reports! It's crazy because I was just talking to someone about what kind of information LE might be trying to keep private and why. Maybe the possibility of the unredacted reports coming out soon explains the timing of the searches, the tracking device, and the widely-publicized arrest. If one of the victims has gunshot residue on their hands, for example, that will tell a whole lot.

I'd love to hear your theory, by the way, if you want. We can speculate, just not accuse, and lots of times we try to be a little broad and not name names or even initials to try to avoid direct blame.

I'm not sure GSR is a great indicator of guilt in this case. In close quarters, it's common for the shooter and the victim to have GSR on them. Also, the shooter or shooters could have wiped GSR on the hands of a victim to throw off the police.

But I totally agree that the autopsies are key and that their imminent release (unredacted version) explains the timing of the searches.

Just a thought..what if JW was texting JM with some type of threat or warning about something "bad" may happen..and AM was texting DR to see if she was okay, not really believing the warning, etc..after the murders, maybe JM wasn't talking out of fear for his family's safety..This case is SO frustrating and hard to follow with all the people that could be involved..I don't think LM had anything to do with murders. IMO

I thought it was said early on that AM and DR did not get along. Foes anyone else remember that? I could be mistaken.

First of all I would like to list somethings.
Drug Task Force announced in Pike Co.
Cold Case Murders Task Force announced in Pike Co.
Did one of the Cold Cases bring them around to some of the "New" investigations on some people lately? The W's? One of the old murder cases was a very good horse trainer HH. His body was found around an M's property.

I am trying to search for more information about this, HH person. You say he was a horse trainer and his body was found near the M's propery? Is there a known connection to any of the principle players in this case? Or can you point me in the right direction to search? I'm failing so far. Haha, sorry to be so needy!

Proctor and Gamble is a multinational company. They have factories all over the world. The Ws may have shares in the company, but I doubt that they are big players in that company,
I have been told Mrs. W is an heir to P&G.

Oy. If they were involved, that's risking having themselves appear on camera as well as making the killers very angry with them, putting their own lives at risk. Also doesn't explain why they kept telling LE & news media that the killers were known to the families because of the dangerous dogs. If they were involved, that would be incriminating evidence, why make a big deal of saying it? Both arguments portray Manleys as either diabolically smart or very dumb, they can't be both. I'm trying to sort this out myself and am not convinced either way.

I feel the same.

I feel the same.

I do think Len Manley has been honest in most of what he's said. He's saying what he thinks is the truth. Hopefully, we'll learn more soon. I am concerned about JM's case quickly going to a grand jury, though. When that happens, things will be just as before - no information at all about the case & investigation. It could drag on a long time. IANAL, but it seems his next hearing on May 22 will reveal little - just Rob Junk presenting evidence of JM removing and destroying the GPS tracker. After that, it goes to GJ, swept back under the rug.

I do think Len Manley has been honest in most of what he's said. He's saying what he thinks is the truth. Hopefully, we'll learn more soon. I am concerned about JM's case quickly going to a grand jury, though. When that happens, things will be just as before - no information at all about the case & investigation. It could drag on a long time. IANAL, but it seems his next hearing on May 22 will reveal little - just Rob Junk presenting evidence of JM removing and destroying the GPS tracker. After that, it goes to GJ, swept back under the rug.

I agree on LM. He is the only one on that side of the family that I could find who has done any public talking. Do you have clips of another M family member on record talking that about the events that night or leading up to it that I may have missed? I will save you the search time for the article if you can just provide the name.

If only LM is talking, and he is saying what he has been told, no one is on record giving false accounts. All interviews and articles quoting him are based on his understanding of the events. My opinion only..

]I have been told Mrs. W is an heir to P&G.[/B]

If they are actually that wealthy then that statement from LM about LE asking his son and daughter how much they were paid to kill the whole family makes a little sense on the part of LE.

We have all discussed the top motives for murder and one of those being money.

We have all asked who had something to gain by these deaths.

If they are that wealthy, at the risk of sounding cold wouldn't that make little SR even more valuable to both the W's and the R's because she might one day inherit a large estate? An estate large enough it might be worth killing 8 people for?

It would also bring the asking for HR to sign away her parental rights into focus. If she did that then any money SR inherited would not be in her control.

I am sure we all remember the Anna Nicole Smith fiasco with her infant daughter and the fight for custody.

I agree on LM. He is the only one on that side of the family that I could find who has done any public talking. Do you have clips of another M family member on record talking that about the events that night or leading up to it that I may have missed? I will save you the search time for the article if you can just provide the name.

If only LM is talking, and he is saying what he has been told, no one is on record giving false accounts. All interviews and articles quoting him are based on his understanding of the events. My opinion only..

I recall BJM doing an audio interview last year.

True, but selling it for $10,000 less than they paid for it tells me they wanted out in a hurry.

Have they said when the property was put on the market?

In the grand scheme of things, finding a qualified buyer who wants your home, located in south eastern Ohio, might be worth a $10k loss, if you really want to move, and have been offered a job in another state.

The only other interview I'm aware of is BJM talking about what happened the morning of the discovery of the murders.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2016/05/pike_county_murders_relative_t.html

Then there are her conversations in the 911 call

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mily-Members-Murdered&p=12502672#post12502672

The next post has a link to the transcript of the call.

Ah, reminds me we need to update the media & timeline thread with all the new news articles, etc.

I recall BJM doing an audio interview last year.

Can you find a link to it? Would really appreciate it.

Just a friendly reminder as the news has picked up on this case, please help out by posting links to news stories, video, etc. in the Media & Timelines thread for the Rhoden family.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/fo...s-In-The-News-Time-Line-Media-Reference-Forum

It gets pretty busy during times like these and sometimes our members here find unique or special media links. Please post there if you can so we can go back and review them when needed. :tyou: :loveyou:

ETA: It's also ok to post links to court docs, etc. We have some there from the news media lawsuits re the autopsies.

To those of you who are new here, the Media & Timeline threads can be very helpful over time. Many regulars here have followed cases that went on for many years. It's always great to go back and refer to news stories, interviews that you've forgotten about. Sometimes an article and interview that didn't seem significant at the time can become important later. :lookingitup: :findinglink:

Can you find a link to it? Would really appreciate it.

Just a friendly reminder as the news has picked up on this case, please help out by posting links to news stories, video, etc. in the Media & Timelines thread for the Rhoden family.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/fo...s-In-The-News-Time-Line-Media-Reference-Forum

It gets pretty busy during times like these and sometimes our members here find unique or special media links. Please post there if you can so we can go back and review them when needed. :tyou: :loveyou:

ETA: It's also ok to post links to court docs, etc. We have some there from the news media lawsuits re the autopsies.

To those of you who are new here, the Media & Timeline threads can be very helpful over time. Many regulars here have followed cases that went on for many years. It's always great to go back and refer to news stories, interviews that you've forgotten about. Sometimes an article and interview that didn't seem significant at the time can become important later. :lookingitup: :findinglink:

Hey thanks to those putting in new links!

I'm going back to the recent anniversary articles and will post those. Then move up to the coverage of the raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam