Found Deceased MA - Michael Doherty, 20, Franklin, 14 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a negative--but this is all unconfirmed social media chatter

I'm worried this is bad news....

If he's not in the water and just burrowed somewhere, wouldn't he have come to, gotten up and sought help if he were cognizant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burrowing is instinctual, and the final stage of hypothermia. He would not have been aware at this point, unfortunately. :(

500 ft from the house....gosh this is just so utterly heartbreaking.

His poor parents!

And his siblings who were sleeping when Michael texted them......my heart goes out to them!

Such a tragic loss!!!!

Then how did his clothes get all the way down by the marsh. I think the people at the house party have some explaining.

Then how did his clothes get all the way down by the marsh. I think the people at the house party have some explaining.

I was just reading on google that Vaso-construction occurs during hypothermia, which is the body's attempt to stay warm.

But over time, the vessels get tired and the blood that was once held at the body's core gets flushed to the extremities, causing the sensation of a hot flash.

It seems paradoxical, but people suffering from hypothermia often undress themselves.

Mmmmk

As far as these rumors go only the posted Franklin Polce FB is allowed. The comments under it are considered rumor and not allowed on WS.
Any other MSM or LE statements are allowed for discussion but not the random comments.

Thanks,
Steleheart
WS Liaison

I was just reading on google that Vado-construction occurs during hypothermia, which is the body's attempt to stay warm.

But over time, the vessels get tired and the blood that was once held at the body's core gets flushed to the extremities, causing the sensation of a hot flash.

It seems paradoxical, but people suffering from hypothermia often undress themselves.

Yes I learned this while watching documentaries of climbing Mt. Everest. They start peeling layers off.

confirmed body found, believed to be Michael but not confirmed yet:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154323939925916&id=162770995915

Thank you. From the link- " At approximately 14:30hrs two civilians out searching in dense woods and thick underbrush near Rt. 495 located the body of a white male, believed at this time to be Michael Doherty. Positive conformation will not be available until the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has issued its findings.

The thoughts and prayers of all the members of the Franklin Police Department and all of the other agencies that participated in searching for Michael go out to the Doherty family in this time of great tragedy. We would also like to thank the residents who helped search, and those who provided support to all the personnel who worked tirelessly to find Michael."

"

Body 'believed to be' missing 20-year-old Franklin man found, police say

<snip>
Police said a body "believed at this time" to be 20-year-old Michael Doherty was found in Franklin by civilian searchers around 2:30 p.m. Saturday. The body was located in a wooded area near Interstate 495.

"Positive confirmation will not be available until the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has issued its findings," police wrote in a press release.

Doherty, a junior at Duke University, was reported missing Sunday by his parents when he failed to return home from a Saturday night gathering

It's on the news now:

Sad update to report. Police say a body found Saturday is believed to be 20-year-old Michael Doherty, who went missing nearly a week ago.
http://bit.ly/2q7BAWi

Oh, No! : -(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Very sad news indeed. Where is 495 in relation to the party & his residence??

agree. i briefly looked at the maps posted so far and it seems very strange for him to be found there.. looks to me like he changed directions a couple times.

500 ft had no merit at all. Looks to me like he got turned around in the torrential downpour that night. He went quite a distance with no sneakers on his feet in that wooded/marshy area. It appears he was outside the mile radius they were searching....and their search was thrown off in another direction by the bloodhounds. 495 is to the left of where the bloodhounds picked up his scent on the Bellingham line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken